10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Igniztion
Hello,

I have a problem with protected apps not showing in market. Two of them I have bought. This happenend about a week ago.

I run market enabler on my phone since I live in Norway and market is not yet available here.

I have tried all the tricks mentioned earlier in this thread but none of them did help.

Does anyone else have this problem and have managed to fix it?

Please help :)

PS: I'm running MoDaCo version 2.9

This is a Google Market issue. There are several reports on this on the official android forums and almost all other android communities. Seems protected apps are hidden for "unlocked" phones.

EDIT: Actually, its an issues with the ROM version, not if its unlocked or not. Users that update with official ROMs report the same issue until Google adds the version to their "approved" list. Samsung Galaxy owners reported all protected apps missing from market after the latest firmware update. The apps reappeared after a while, assumingly when the Market was update to allow this new ROM.

Edited by Igniztion

Guest simplejoe

thank you for 'hebrew fonts' addon

i just want to clarify it's unicode font file that include hebrew and cyrilic (russian) characters (in additional to regular ones).

This is a Google Market issue. There are several reports on this on the official android forums and almost all other android communities. Seems protected apps are hidden for "unlocked" phones.

EDIT: Actually, its an issues with the ROM version, not if its unlocked or not. Users that update with official ROMs report the same issue until Google adds the version to their "approved" list. Samsung Galaxy owners reported all protected apps missing from market after the latest firmware update. The apps reappeared after a while, assumingly when the Market was update to allow this new ROM.

talking about it, same problem here. some apps not showing in mcr2.9, didn't notice till now.

example: autostarts is missing.

Guest Keramidas
The core Chinese\

WAITING FOR A WEEK NOW.

When it will finish?

You should not treat people like they're your paid employees...

Here's a wild guess: perhaps you can find out which files are added between core 2.8 vs Chinese 2.8, and re-add the same files to your Core 2.9 installation ? Hint: use "unzip -t" and "diff -u" commands in Linux.

Guest mrfriedhoff

hey guys did the wavesecure and enhanced add on pack this am and went fine... but now I'm realizing my notifications for facebook arent coming through... worked fine before... pokes/messages etc are check marked in the notifications tab but not coming through - any thoughts?

I have a problem using 3g with version 2.9.

It keeps dropping out. Turing it to 2g only and then back to 3g fixes it..

Anyone has that problem?

Hi Anderneo

I use to get the same prob when i upgraded to 2.9 so decided to go back to 2.8 and downgraded the radio from UI to FU, but the prob still excisted so i decided to call my service provider thinking the prob was with the net work, after going up and down there swith board finnaly got to a techy and my net work was fine mmmmm :) but then this techy told me to pull out the battery with out switching off the fone fixed back the batt and booted make sure to turn off 2g after booting. good luck 3g works with out a drop and am good.

Guest Igniztion
No problem on 2.9 here...

Can you see copy protected apps like SU File Manager & Terminal, eBuddy etc?¨

Did you install the latest radio as well or just MCR 2.9?

Guest anderneo
Hi Anderneo

I use to get the same prob when i upgraded to 2.9 so decided to go back to 2.8 and downgraded the radio from UI to FU, but the prob still excisted so i decided to call my service provider thinking the prob was with the net work, after going up and down there swith board finnaly got to a techy and my net work was fine mmmmm :) but then this techy told me to pull out the battery with out switching off the fone fixed back the batt and booted make sure to turn off 2g after booting. good luck 3g works with out a drop and am good.

I'm trying that right now!

Thanks for the reply.

I have the latest radio (@Keramidas)

Guest Thierry B

Hello,

I've problem also with 3G since Modaco 2.9. Sometimes it works and sometimes not and as I turn off 3G, in 2G, it works perfect.

I tried to downgrade the radio vestion from IU to Fu, but it doesn't change.

I'll try to go back to modaco 2.8 and to install Teknologist kernel 1.8.

Do you think it's recommended to clear the dalvik cache, even for downgrading modaco ? (I cleared it when I upgraded to 2.9 as it was recommended)

Guest Keramidas
Can you see copy protected apps like SU File Manager & Terminal, eBuddy etc?¨

Did you install the latest radio as well or just MCR 2.9?

I'm sorry for you, as I know how annoying this can be.

Yes, I can see protected apps like PicSay Pro, Autostarts, SU File Manager & Terminal, eBuddy IM. This is with MCR 2.9 + the latest "IU" radio.

I have the following command in /system/sd/userinit.sh:

rm -rf /data/data/com.android.vending/cache/*

This clears up the Market cache on every boot. You can also type it manually (!! beware and don't mistype it !!) after doing "kill com.android.vending" in adb shell.

Have you tried these things already ? And btw, do you use market enabler ?

Guest flipper203

hey, I just have a simple question, but I don t want to create a new post for that, hope I m not too HS....is it possible to changer the network provider name on the rooted phone?

I'm sorry for you, as I know how annoying this can be.

Yes, I can see protected apps like PicSay Pro, Autostarts, SU File Manager & Terminal, eBuddy IM. This is with MCR 2.9 + the latest "IU" radio.

I have the following command in /system/sd/userinit.sh:

rm -rf /data/data/com.android.vending/cache/*

This clears up the Market cache on every boot. You can also type it manually (!! beware and don't mistype it !!) after doing "kill com.android.vending" in adb shell.

Have you tried these things already ? And btw, do you use market enabler ?

I have done all this tricks and none of them work. I can't find any of the apps listed (PicSay pro, SU...)

I use market enabler and I have tried all the different settings.. DE o2 Us T-Mobile and so on.

Guest Keramidas
hey, I just have a simple question, but I don t want to create a new post for that, hope I m not too HS....is it possible to changer the network provider name on the rooted phone?

Hi,

Have a look there ...

PS: do you want to change the provider name on-screen, or rather to access paid apps in the Market ?

Guest Igniztion
I have done all this tricks and none of them work. I can't find any of the apps listed (PicSay pro, SU...)

I use market enabler and I have tried all the different settings.. DE o2 Us T-Mobile and so on.

Yep, tried those as well. Can't find any copy protected apps, which means I can't update the apps that I have already paid for.

This is probably a Market issue though and we shouldn't derail this topic any more.

Guest flipper203
Hi,

Have a look there ...

PS: do you want to change the provider name on-screen, or rather to access paid apps in the Market ?

I just want to change the provider name on-screen...

Guest Keramidas

Jochr and Igniztion, maybe I'm mistaken but I *think* that just after the MCR 2.9 release, Paul mentioned that the build.prop was incorrect in the "MCR 2.9 extended pack", and then he re-uploaded a corrected MCR 2.9 extended pack.

Well I know it's quite unlikely, but maybe you both have the initial (incorrect) version of MCR 2.9 extended ? That would explain the market issues. Because really, MCR 2.9 should be working fine.

Guest Keramidas
I just want to change the provider name on-screen...

Well, that would be awesome ! Unfortunately, I tried this (in adb shell) and it didn't have any visible effect:

setprop gsm.operator.alpha MySuperTest

setprop gsm.sim.operator.alpha MySuperTest

Then I looked at the status bar (when notification area is dragged down) and in the phone settings, but there was no difference and my real operator name was still displayed. So, well, if you succeed to do it, please share :)

Guest Igniztion
Jochr and Igniztion, maybe I'm mistaken but I *think* that just after the MCR 2.9 release, Paul mentioned that the build.prop was incorrect in the "MCR 2.9 extended pack", and then he re-uploaded a corrected MCR 2.9 extended pack.

Well I know it's quite unlikely, but maybe you both have the initial (incorrect) version of MCR 2.9 extended ? That would explain the market issues. Because really, MCR 2.9 should be working fine.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded it after this was mentioned on the forums, but I'll try updating it again when I get home from work. Thanks for reminding me =)

I remember that Paul said that he reuploaded the version, and even a day later said that that version for sure doesn't have any Market issues. I redownloaded and reflashed (without wiping afterwards this time :D) after he said that.

I see paid apps (this mostly happened overnight suddenly, without installing any fix from Paul or something), and mostly the ones I care about anyway, but I still miss some apps.

I didn't download any extended pack though... ever :). So if the market fix is in there, I'm still missing it. But Paul didn't say anything about the fixed build.prop being only in the Extended pack, I think it's in core.