10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Chris Jenx
Am I right in saying that BT stack is built into 2.1?

From what i understand of Android is that the blue tooth, wireless, drivers etc is quite low down and is more attached to release version. 1.5 1.6 2.0 2.1 etc...

On that note, Blue tooth and WiFi in the 2.1 rom's are much better, but there isn't much Paul can really do in till HTC release an better 2.1 rom.

I have a few questions about apps2sd:

• The way to go is: boot to recovery, do nandroid backup, copy all files from sd card to computer, repartition card, copy files back from computer, reboot, modaco will do the rest, right?
  • Will the currently installed apps move automaticly to sd card?
  • If I do wipe, the apps will stay installed, right? But what about their configurations?

Thanks for answer.

Guest BandedHawk
Am I right in saying that BT stack is built into 2.1?

The bluetooth stack is actually governed by the Linux kernel and low-level drivers inherent in the kernel. Android 1.5 was built on top of the 2.6.27 kernel which had the old bluetooth driver architecture - which limits the capabilities the application software can get out of the bluetooth hardware (limited bluetooth functions).

Android 2.x is built on a newer kernel which has the new bluetooth driver architecture (among other things). So be patient. :) Paul can only build a 2.x based ROM when HTC have something stable to work with.

Guest paaland

I have a couple of questions: Will I loose my purchased apps on Market upgrading ROMs? Or are they tied to my google account so I can re-download at no cost?

Also I use Sygic Mobile Maps (car gps nav) and it generates a device id that needs to match the maps for activation. Will upgrading the ROM change my device id somehow?

Guest Duglim

Still can't download the new HTC Widgets. Still Install-Errors.

Any ideas?

BTW: since i tried Lox 2.0 Rom yesterday, some apps are missing from the marketplace. Seems to be the protected apps. Restoring a MCR3.0-Nandroid-Backup didn't fix it, MCR3.1beta also. Are these apps gone forever for me? Help via PN would be nice, don't wanna hijack this thread...

Guest kendon
I have a few questions about apps2sd:
  • The way to go is: boot to recovery, do nandroid backup, copy all files from sd card to computer, repartition card, copy files back from computer, reboot, modaco will do the rest, right?
  • Will the currently installed apps move automaticly to sd card?
  • If I do wipe, the apps will stay installed, right? But what about their configurations?

Thanks for answer.

- thats the way to go.

- yes they will be moved.

- apps are kept, configs are gone.

Guest franciswills

Any chance you could explain a little about what your speed enhancements are? Purely out of interest. If it's been covered elsewhere please link me. Thanks a lot and fantastic work with these ROMs Paul.

Guest thecastlefordkid
Still can't download the new HTC Widgets. Still Install-Errors.

Any ideas?

BTW: since i tried Lox 2.0 Rom yesterday, some apps are missing from the marketplace. Seems to be the protected apps. Restoring a MCR3.0-Nandroid-Backup didn't fix it, MCR3.1beta also. Are these apps gone forever for me? Help via PN would be nice, don't wanna hijack this thread...

Widgets install OK for me (whilst doing an upgrade from MCR 3.0 and from a clean install).

Strange about the protected apps. I had some go missing using MCR 3.0, I then tried Lox's 2.0 to see what it was like and they re-appeared. Now when I try MCR 3.1 they're still there. How weird

Edited by thecastlefordkid

Guest Duglim
Duglin, did you wipe before installing MCR 3.1? I'm gonna put those widgets in the next ROM build...

P

No, didn't wipe. Last wipe was on flashing MCR3.0.

Dug

Just building Beta 2 with a little more optimisation code and the HTC widgets in ROM since they seem to be giving some people issues too. I'm putting them on /data tho so they're easily overwritable with new versions!

P