10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest freeasabeer

Excellent !

Finally due to this big flow of new releases, I've changed my strategy: rather than flashing the new versions and then removing/adding stuff on the phone, I now cook my own ROM based on Paul's one and then flash the resulting update. Quite straightforward indeed!

Thanks Paul.

Guest werziluk

Will probably hold off on this one, going to wait for more changes to be implemented. Im too distracted atm by my new macbook pro :)

Again hats off to you Paul for all your hard work.

Guest andymason

I've been using your ROM build for a while now, and when I saw the custom bake option to remove Sense I immediately dropped the £9.99.

Flashing the custom ROM as I type. Thank you so much for your hard work.

I have tried to install the 3.2 beta1 (coming from 3.1 custom without wipe) but when I start the flash I get an error saying E:Corrupt file: System/app/HtcClockWidget.apk

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Is that a known issue or shall I try to re-download the update file?

Current file size is 90.8 MB...

Guest mike enjoys android
I have tried to install the 3.2 beta1 (coming from 3.1 custom without wipe) but when I start the flash I get an error saying E:Corrupt file: System/app/HtcClockWidget.apk

E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.

Is that a known issue or shall I try to re-download the update file?

Current file size is 90.8 MB...

Better re-download. I did not have any problems with the download.

Guest freeasabeer

As part of my own cooking, I've added what seem to be an almost working mc (midnight commander), at least from a linux xterm. Don't know if it would from a windows cmd...

If anybody is interested, I can post the related update.zip ?

What was in your ROM? Tried reapplying?

P

Just Google Maps and Spare Parts, going to reflash it right now, thanks for quick answer.

I guess I will try re-bake it again, because this didn't help.

Edited by maxld

Guest Mike Beecham

Does 3.2 respect the options that I chose in the 3.1 Kitchen ROM? There are a few things that I elected to remove in my baked rom, such as peep, mail, etc...and options that I chose such as WaveSecure, etc. Will these changes be nullified with the 3.2 ROM?

Thanks

Mike

Paul I tried this method. deleted services.jar and services.odex and pushed newly created services.jar. and did reboot. and it resulted in non-booting phone. waited 25 minutes. any idea? cheers

waiting for your reply Paul. cheers

Guest Mike Beecham

ok mate....thanks. It sounds great, but upgrading for 2.1 icons only seems like something I dont need to do right now....but thanks for all you're doing Paul!

shall be included in MCR :)

As part of my own cooking, I've added what seem to be an almost working mc (midnight commander), at least from a linux xterm. Don't know if it would from a windows cmd...

If anybody is interested, I can post the related update.zip ?

Excellent !

Finally due to this big flow of new releases, I've changed my strategy: rather than flashing the new versions and then removing/adding stuff on the phone, I now cook my own ROM based on Paul's one and then flash the resulting update. Quite straightforward indeed!

Thanks Paul.

Good strategy. I have an update.zip with all my customizations and apply it directly after Paul's zip…

Guest stripealipe

Flashed this over my custom cooked ROM without wipe.

All running nice and smooth. I def think it's a little snappier in my case, and i like the subtle graphical differences in this ROM.

Re: Mike, above. There are not even 2.1 icons in this build. But this ROM version should make a nice base for the next kitchen methinks.

Good work Paul. Will report back should anything odd happen! :)