10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest descenpet

if you type/paste the link manually into the address bar and press enter it won't work. that is the closest i could replicate your problem. clicking the link directly, save link as, open in new tab all works fine for me on firefox.

and if you are using some sort of download manager, try without that.

Guest Morlac

moinmoin,

with mcr 3.1 it was possible to forbid the usage of 3G networking via Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile network settings -> Use only 2G networks for saving energy. with mcr 3.2 this switch is gone. So for now i will stay at 3.1 as with constantly enabled 3G-networking my battery drains much faster. (and i don't want to take way like *#*#INFO#*#* ..)

some other ideas? why is this switch gone? paul?

cheers, Morlac

Guest shomi1417
if you type/paste the link manually into the address bar and press enter it won't work. that is the closest i could replicate your problem. clicking the link directly, save link as, open in new tab all works fine for me on firefox.

and if you are using some sort of download manager, try without that.

thanks for replay, i tried open in new tab,window,save as and all that are taking me back to home page.... I try with opera and chrome to and same problem appers...

Why i cant download anything from romraid and i can download from wavesecure?

can someone upload link to rapid,mega or hotfile?

i dont use download manager...

sorry for my bad english, not my first lang :)

Guest Ludolf
moinmoin,

with mcr 3.1 it was possible to forbid the usage of 3G networking via Menu -> Settings -> Wireless Controls -> Mobile network settings -> Use only 2G networks for saving energy. with mcr 3.2 this switch is gone. So for now i will stay at 3.1 as with constantly enabled 3G-networking my battery drains much faster. (and i don't want to take way like *#*#INFO#*#* ..)

cheers, Morlac

I have read that this is because 3.2 is based on the .73 build which is customized for 3 UK that don't need that switch.

Guest mifran
moinmoin,

cheers, Morlac

there is nothing wrong with doing it by *#*#4636#*#* when it is set to gsm only and there is no switch because it is a 3uk rom it has been answered many times before in this thread

mifran

Guest inajiffi

Hi guys I'm new to all this stuff so please bare that in mind. I have done everything and loaded the modaco custom ROM 3.2 to my tomobile G2 but I cant find google maps anywhere! Could you please tell me how I can access this on the phone or where I can get it from as its not showing up on the market place.

Thanks guys in advance.

Adam

Guest ToshB

This latest rom is impressive! After 1,5 days, my battery is still on 68%! It´s been mostly idle, but I still think it´s surprisingly good. I usually need to charge my phone every night.

Keep up the good work :)

Guest MikeyW223

Hi Paul. I flashed this rom to my hero and everything was working fine. But then my gps wasn't working so i rebooted with gps enabled. It didn't do the trick- in fact it's completely ruined my phone- lost my apps, won't read my sd card (it seems to have disabled the slot!), disabled sense, i've lost google maps and generally won't do anything. I've tried restoring a previous nandroid from before i flashed, but i keep getting a sdcard not mounted- type error. Any suggestions?

Edit:i've got several sdcards and i've tried them all- none are recognised.

Will i need to downgrade/ goldcard back to stock ROM and re-root, then try a different MCR ROM?

Edited by MikeyW223

Hi Paul. I flashed this rom to my hero and everything was working fine. But then my gps wasn't working so i rebooted with gps enabled. It didn't do the trick- in fact it's completely ruined my phone- lost my apps, won't read my sd card (it seems to have disabled the slot!), disabled sense, i've lost google maps and generally won't do anything. I've tried restoring a previous nandroid from before i flashed, but i keep getting a sdcard not mounted- type error. Any suggestions?

Have you tried a different sd card? It sounds like maybe that's the problem rather than MCR 3.2. Worth a try if you have another one available.

Guest mr.givskov

installed 3.2, and every thing worked just fine, until my phone just accept my sd card or any other sd card, i can take a photo but not se it in album, i can mount to my pc and se the picture and put music on the sd, but i can't play the musik. i can finde my music, using linda file manager but i can't play it, any ideas why this??

sorry for my english

Edit:

i can access the sd card from my card reader and anything works fine.

it dosen't work with rooted stock rom either

Edited by mr.givskov

i can mount to my pc and se the picture and put music on the sd, but i can't play the musik. i can finde my music, using linda file manager but i can't play it, any ideas why this??

Have you tried the app SDrescan (free in the Marketplace)? That might help with the music issue.

Guest mr.givskov
Have you tried the app SDrescan (free in the Marketplace)? That might help with the music issue.

just tried the app SDrescan, it is just preparing nothing is happens :)

Guest slater7

Hi,

Im looking to download mcr 3.1 but since 3.2 is the newest I cant find it....

Can anyone help me and add download of mcr 3.1

please.....

Edited by slater7

Guest msc125

Hi,

I searched for 'APN' and predictably there were toooo many results to sort through.

So, when Paul writes 'Added huge APN list', how do i access this??

Can I choose, or is it automatic?

Cheers

Hi there, how do i remove dropbear SSH from this ROM? ie. where do i RUN this? /system/bin/removedropbear.sh

sorry I'm a complete noob..

If you have a terminal emulator installed on your device, you can do it from there.

Alternatively, if you have adb installed on your PC, from a command prompt try:

adb shell

/system/bin/removedropbear.sh

exit

[Edit: obviously while your device is connected to the PC over usb & with the USB debug option enabled in the device - the same way you'd have it connected when flashing ROMs etc]

Edited by zorm

Guest j_unit
If you have a terminal emulator installed on your device, you can do it from there.

Alternatively, if you have adb installed on your PC, from a command prompt try:

adb shell

/system/bin/removedropbear.sh

exit

[Edit: obviously while your device is connected to the PC over usb & with the USB debug option enabled in the device - the same way you'd have it connected when flashing ROMs etc]

would it be:

adb remount

adb shell /system/bin/removedropbear.sh

exit

????????????

Guest dubed

Hi,

I have upgraded to the MCR 3.2 but like some other persons I can't use the GPS. I've tried to reboot with the GPS On but it don't work too...

So I have wiped everything, dl again the ROM, Flash again, and no GPS too. Reboot = same...

What I have to do next?

Thanks

Guest Dr. dre
Hi,

I have upgraded to the MCR 3.2 but like some other persons I can't use the GPS. I've tried to reboot with the GPS On but it don't work too...

So I have wiped everything, dl again the ROM, Flash again, and no GPS too. Reboot = same...

What I have to do next?

Thanks

Re-flash the Radio ROM, and your GPS would work just fine.

would it be:

adb remount

adb shell /system/bin/removedropbear.sh

exit

????????????

That would work but there's no need for the remount as the removedropbear.sh script remounts /system as read/write itself.

Guest cortiis

Ever since I upgraded to 3.2 and the latest radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26), the battery is heating up a lot. Previously it used to be around 28-32 deg in range. Now the normal range is 35-38 deg. While charging it crosses 40+ as well. Are other people also experiencing the same? I am a bit worried about this. I upgraded the ROM and radio in quick succession, so no way of knowing which one is causing the trouble.

BTW, I am using Spare Parts to see the temperature.

Any help will be appreciated.

Edited by cortiis

Guest dubed

well well well,

I have flashed the radio (update-hero-radio-63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26-signed.zip), try to reboot -> Icon with the package and the arrow to the phone...

Reboot, nothing...

Hard-reset, nothing...

Vol - + start, nothing...

<feel bad>

Home + start, no recovery...

<arghhh....>

Click on all buttons with stress, recovery start...

<feel better>

Re dl the radio, upload to the device, flash again.

Same problems...

Click again on all the buttons -> recovery

Flash all MCR3.2 again.

It starts :)

Reboot and try the GPS,

It works...

Yeaaaahhhhh!!! Thanks dudes!!!!

[edit] changes the ... for !!! [/edit]

Edited by dubed