10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ZiCoN

Hey guys

Just wanna thank you all for the fun of modding the Hero ;) Mine have tho been turned off for the last time, and the Desire has replaced it.

See ya in the Desire section ;)

Have fun! I did ;)

Guest liorwei

i didnt understand how to set up the adb and remove some things that i dont want to.

can somebody tell me level after level what to do?

Guest Dr. dre
i didnt understand how to set up the adb and remove some things that i dont want to.

can somebody tell me level after level what to do?

Just download this SDK from here and you just need the tools folder in it for ADB and just open a command prompt and change the directory to the tools folder of the SDK and then give those commands mentioned in the thread of MCR 3.2

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Edited by Dr. dre

Guest Dr. dre
ok, but do i need to do with the dolder i have downloaded?

Yes! the tools folder would e having ADB.exe and fastboot.exe, which will help you a lot in future.

I hope you are now aware of what to do, If not you can raise your questions anytime.

just one more question. (sorry)

i need to connect my Hero to the USB. he needs to be on spacial status or something?

To use adb, make sure phone settings -> applications -> development -> usb debugging is ticked. You shouldn't need to do anything special on the PC side, as long as the drivers are installed (they will have been if/when you installed HTCSync).

Guest mleithner
I did everything that this said for my HTC Hero but when I power it up it just sticks at the HTC screen. Any ideas?

Is this your first boot? If so, just give the ROM time, the first boot takes up to 10 minutes.

If it's still stuck after that, get your USB cable, connect the mobile with the PC and write the output of logcat into a file.

adb logcat > logfile

After a few seconds, you can press CTRL+C to abort logcat (won't damage your phone or anything, just stops pulling the log from the phone).

Then look at the last few lines of that file, that should give you some more hints about what went wrong.

Guest mleithner

DELETED, double post because Modaco's server 400'd my post at the first try despite having accepted it

Edited by mleithner

Guest Gears
DELETED, double post because Modaco's server 400'd my post at the first try despite having accepted it

Guys. I think the server dishing out these ROMs is out of space. As you may know, Paul is stuck abroad due to the volcanic ash cloud so it may take a short while to fix.

EDIT - All fixed ;)

Edited by Gears

Guys. I think the server dishing out these ROMs is out of space. As you may know, Paul is stuck abroad due to the volcanic ash cloud so it may take a short while to fix.

EDIT - All fixed ;)

Ye gods, what if he's not back in time for the 2.1 release ;) <sees Gears' avatar...> What you waiting for? Go & get him! ;)

Edited by zorm

Guest topbunk

Hey, I'm new to this but got fed up waiting for HTC to ever update the Hero.

I tried last night to install the recovery image from command prompt and got "remote: not allow" error. I read through the thread and saw that using remoterec was another option, which I tried but after flashing the recovery image and rebooting into hboot, recovery is not an option. Booting up while holding home just hung the phone on the Hero screen.

Any help/solutions?

Cheers guys!

Guest matte3560

I installed this yesterday, had the 1.76.0007 SPL and the USB drivers were not cooperating, so it was hard work. I have to say though, it was worth it. My phone feels so much more responsive, and it seems more power efficient as far as disabling stuff like wifi when locking the screen (Awake time has dropped by almost 10% down from 20-25% with the original 2.73.4.405 ROM).

Just as I was looking through the apps menu, i noticed i have two HTCmail icons (both of them are the same app). Is there any way to fix that?

Guest 974kiki
thanks paul, works perfect :huh:

Dear all,

I'm new in Modaco forum, and I have some questions about his ROM.

Is French language available in this ROM 3.2 ?

I remember that in the previous versions, it was, but in the 3.2 version I can't find it !*

Could somebody help me please ?

Thx

Guest jon.m.knight

Hi Paul

First off - great work, really happy with 3.2 on my Hero.

Appreciate you're not going to release 4.0 (Android 2.1 base) until the official HTC Hero 2.1 is knocking about.

Just a couple of questions on this...

I, like yourself am from the UK, as (from what I can gather) the European release is likely to be before the states, does it mean that you will be shipping your 4.0 when it hits us guys in the UK? Conversely, if 2.1 is out in the states first are you going to wait until 2.1 is on general release for us in the UK before releasing 4.0?

Sorry to seem inpatient - I'm definitely converted to MCR from here-on in, just don't want to wait *too* much longer for a 2.1 ROM!

What is the state of play with MCR 4.0? Is it ready to ship or will you need a few weeks (months?!) after 2.1 is official released to get it into a state for us all to use?

Thanks, in anticipation..

e: any chance of a alpha/beta? fellow canaries fan here *flutters eyelids*

Edited by jon.m.knight