10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Keramidas
Can anyone else confirm a market issue?

The whole market fingerprint thing is a PITA!

P

Hi Paul,

Yes I confirm the issue. In the Market I see paid apps (using MarketEnabler hacks) but not protected apps.

Also I notice that the "cat" command does not work, it just displays "Toolbox!". It seems quite dangerous because I suppose some apps use the "cat" command for backups...

Guest Keramidas
no, everything's fine here...

Are you certain ? I see both paid & free apps, but try searching for "Camera Zoom" (a protected app) in the Market and you'll not see the main app, only the add-ons (which are not protected).

Guest surfsmurf

Market seems fine here on 2.5 (Camera ZOOM is available to buy for UKP 1.29.)

IM didn't force close for me on 2.4, but it didn't work either. Something about not being able to read the phone number from the SIM. This seems to be a T-Mobile app and not compatible with my provider?

Edited by surfsmurf

first of all, the main screen looks like the original Magic (slide up drawer), not the usual Hero!

MoDaCo 2.5 seems not to be working properly.

A lot of applications are dying (force close), like Personalize --> Scenes and Personalize --> Home Wallpaper!

I wiped the stuff out before upgrading to 2.5, but now I need to revert to the backed up system!

Any idea?

Market works fine here.

Edited by ippoP

Guest phillevy
I just updated 2.5 + radio over 2.0 without a wipe - all seems perfect so far although I can't detect any noticable speed increase. I'll report back if any problems. Thanks a lot Paul!

Correction - much "nippier" :)

Guest Mark'Oh!
Are you certain ? I see both paid & free apps, but try searching for "Camera Zoom" (a protected app) in the Market and you'll not see the main app, only the add-ons (which are not protected).

yes, i am... i found "pro zoom camera 5x" and tons of plugins.

Guest dk1982

Dear Paul,

I installed the Official T-Mobile Update that came out a couple of days ago. I am having difficulties re-rooting the phone. Is this it? Will the phone ever be ROOTABLE in the future?

Any chance of a breakthrough in the future? Has anyone had a any luck cracking this problem?

Many thanks

Darren

Guest bbawden
yes, i am... i found "pro zoom camera 5x" and tons of plugins.

I can see it too running 2.5. What cool protected apps are there? Is there a site listing some of the best ones?

Guest Keramidas
Market seems fine here on 2.5 (Camera ZOOM is available to buy for UKP 1.29.)

You're right, 2.5 is not the culprit: I'm back to 2.2 and see no Camera ZOOM either. Perhaps it's because of the radio update ? I'll try to downgrade it.

Edited by Keramidas

Paul upgraded to 2.5, now can't see protected apps in Market Place.

Gone back down to 2.2 and everything is fine again.

Any advice.

Just updated again from 2.2 but this time without wiping and now

can see protected apps.

:)

Edited by gaz31

Guest surfsmurf
Also I notice that the "cat" command does not work, it just displays "Toolbox!". It seems quite dangerous because I suppose some apps use the "cat" command for backups...

Confirmed on 2.5

Also the case for chmod, chown, cmp, date

Guest surfsmurf
You're right, 2.5 is not the culprit: I'm back to 2.2 and see no Camera ZOOM. Perhaps it's because of the radio update ? I'll try to downgrade it.

At first I thought mine was broken too, but the main app is pretty far down the list...

Using the latest radio here too (ending in 6.35.07.08)

Edited by surfsmurf

first of all, the main screen looks like the original Magic (slide up drawer), not the usual Hero!

MoDaCo 2.5 seems not to be working properly.

A lot of applications are dying (force close), like Personalize --> Scenes and Personalize --> Home Wallpaper!

I wiped the stuff out before upgrading to 2.5, but now I need to revert to the backed up system!

Any idea?

Market works fine here.

Something went wrong for you, bad flash perhaps?

P

Dear Paul,

I installed the Official T-Mobile Update that came out a couple of days ago. I am having difficulties re-rooting the phone. Is this it? Will the phone ever be ROOTABLE in the future?

Any chance of a breakthrough in the future? Has anyone had a any luck cracking this problem?

Many thanks

Darren

When / if someone finds a new vulnerability, perhaps...

P

Something went wrong for you, bad flash perhaps?

P

Reflashing now.

I did:

0. wipe

1. radio

2. core

3. extras

I was coming from 2.4 (which was not working well, though) And my backup is 2.3

Guest kendon

i can't see protected apps, tried to search for "autostarts" (paid + protected, have bought + installed it already).

i can find protected apps through "my market" (a market app with bookmarks, lets you choose us or eu market etc.), but when i try to open them in the regular market (necessary for installation) it says "not found".

doing a nandroid restore now to 2.3, as the marketplace thing is a showstopper for me, but i would really like to see this figured out, performancewise the new rom just rocks!

let me know if i can be of any help, got a g2 touch from t-mobile germany and know my way around a linux console...

Guest jonathanmusto

Just popped back to say that 2.5 is noticably quicker than 2.2 for anyone who's in two minds whether to upgrade. I've even turned on all the fancy spare parts animations and it flies! Scrolling desktops, launching apps, typing, all quicker.

No, it should be the usual Hero of course!

P

???

Where that look is coming from, then?

I downloaded again the files from the forum links and still looking at the ugly slide up!

What steps should I do to reflash everything from scratch?

I'm in deep deep troubles ...

Edited by ippoP