10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest janjan2
I get the SMS send problem here too, will investigate.

Bother! :D

P

Got the same problem

The application Messages (process com.android.mms) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again....it appers when I try to answar messages... Any other got this error..

I can´t send any message

Guest Chris Jenx
Working on SMS problem, install chompSMS or similar in the interim!

P

OK cool.

Not sure if this is an HTC Rom issue or something else. But audio over BlueTooth doens't work in this release. Obviously not as essential as the sms issue.

Keep up the awesome work!

Guest blackhorse

Ive installed 1.3 (soon to be 1.4!)

My google account connected to the phone and it lets me into market, but its having trouble syncing contacts and gmail.

Keeps flashing a red ! and saying it will try again soon?!

Its been doing this for an hour

Guest cdmackay
Ive installed 1.3 (soon to be 1.4!)

My google account connected to the phone and it lets me into market, but its having trouble syncing contacts and gmail.

Keeps flashing a red ! and saying it will try again soon?!

Its been doing this for an hour

I believe lots of people are seeing this, according to the other forums; seems to be an issue at Google?

Guest cdmackay
aTrackDog only exports the list of intalled apps, it doesn't export the .apks. I checked : my paid apps are in the list too (the list is only a text file).

Of course, stupid of me, sorry :D

But manually re-installing 100-odd apps from a list doesn't sound fun to me (I've yet to move to a2sd), so I was thinking of the apps that backups apps and let you restore them, e.g. appmanager. And those don't handle protected apps, I believe.

But I see mention of Sprite, and other Root Backup apps, which sounds very good for me, thanks.

Guest JamminJP

speed increase is great!!!

do we have to wipe to put 1.4 on?

I've spent all night setting 1.3 up and don't want to wipe it again just yet :D

you are a star though Paul as this is running very slick!!

Guest cdmackay
I can suggest you to buy the paid add "Sprite Backup". I did a backup with sprite, wiped the phone, then upgraded to 1.3. At the first reboot, I entered my google account parameters, that let me install Sprite Backup from the market, and I could restore almost everything (call logs, sms, settings ....).

marvellous, thanks much indeed. Is the free Sprite BETA any good, do you know?

Guest Christophe Vandeplas

I just noticed Paul's post about him uploading v1.4 and couldn't wait...

It now runs on my Hero and wow it's indeed fast !!

Thanks a lot for all your effort Paul.

If you once visit Belgium I owe you more than one beer.

Guest blackhorse
Gmail is up and down constantly right now, something is up somewhere.

Ah i see! Only noticed as my contacts are not syncing (probably allot more noticable now that i wiped the handset!)

Ill check again in the morning! (I stupidly first thought there may be an issue with the custom rom!! :D )

Guest gavinfabl

Paul this looks great . I am a novice to android so might have a go at the weekend. Curious to know what nano and busybee is and some of the other lingo. Have a vista laptop so have to first work out how to get the partitions done. This is so different from my Samsung Omnia!

1.4 is online!

You can apply over 1.3 without wipe - you will get an error when it writes the data partition (and it will say 'aborted'), but ignore that, you'll be good to go.

P

PS Google themselves are having issues atm, which will explain any mail / contacts issues!