10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Awesome !!

Thank U very much Paul for the kitchen which is an extraordinary feature and your great work

Just baked my ROM :) and Everything is smooth on the phone !

It's been pointed out to me that you don't 'bake' things in a Microwave. Hey, I thought it looked cool. :)

P

well, some micowaves actually bake, too ! B)

Guest Khrushchev

My net connection doesn't work.. I checked and input the data from my provider by hand and i still don't have a connection. I installed 3.1. saw that some stuff didn't work, so i did a wipe and now it doesnt work.. help plox

Khrush

Guest le_castor_fou
The script is now sitting on it's own box, so aside from anything else it won't bring MoDaCo down with it! B)

Now looking for a reasonably priced box with TONS of CPU, a lot of bandwidth, a fair bit of disk space and plenty of bandwidth.

P

PS This is why it's a premium-member-only service...

i think it's really difficult to find this, but maybe create the same process on client-side can be more cheaper :

- the software download an xml with updated choices (or updated sofware)

- the user select all params for his personal ROM

- the sofware can download only necessary files and cook the rom.

with this solution : no more cpu work, files can be hosted anywhere, the app can be adsupported.

----

another idea for the online cooking :

a link is send to user at the end of cook, the browser (and server) in waiting is not so good :)

Edited by le_castor_fou

Guest Mike Beecham

Well, it really depends on whether you go for the convector-type microwave ovens, or just a plain standard one...the difference in food cooking can be quite different. I personally would always advocate a convector microwave, as the food really does taste better.

Of course, non of this conjecture helps you with the obvious problem of 'baking' your roms. But as it's a nice-enough brand to use...I would say go for it!!

and yes, all of the above about cooking in microwaves is nothing more than witty banter!

could you add checksums ?? just in case , and well to check if the file isnt missing something or the download is proper. thank you

sha1sum 3.1-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

e643deccc07e8b36b66b1ec996f5fd7dbb00ebb5 3.1-update-hero-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip

Guest theFRAGGLE

A quick question: when I choose a ROM without Google Voice for example (never used it) it is still in my appilacation list.

Is this because I had it installed before and did no wipe? How can I "remove" it then?

It is not working (FC), but I am not sure if it ever worked before...

EDIT: this is just with Google Voice - all other apps (peep, notes etc.) are removed correctly...

Edited by theFRAGGLE

Hi, Paul

The 3.1 ROM is very nice, thanks! Just one problem for me, I can't use TunnelDroid to cornet the openvpn server, but it is all right in the 3.0 ROM. Can you help me?

Thank you again!

A quick question: when I choose a ROM without Google Voice for example (never used it) it is still in my appilacation list.

Is this because I had it installed before and did no wipe? How can I "remove" it then?

EDIT: this is just with Google Voice - all other apps (peep, notes etc.) are removed correctly...

Yeah, because it's installed on the /data partition and you didn't wipe. If you had, it wouldn't be there. I should probably highlight which items are on /data in the first post.

P

Guest GodsDevil

You need to uninstall it from Market or using any app manager. Google Voice is not included in the kitchen its voice search that you see there.

As for the FC...it still works(for me atleast). Just tap on FC and reopen the app.

D

Guest btnelson

Brilliant! What an incredible concept! I think this could grow to be the de-facto way that custom ROMs get released (one day, hopefully). Great work Paul. Running MCR 3.1 at the moment and very happy. Going to try a Kitchen build.

I baked and downloaded before the kitchen shutdown and ended up with a 158 Mb zip file. Can this be correct...?

Sounds like a lot! I removed a few things I don't use like notes, peep, footprint and ended up with about 94Mb

Guest GodsDevil
Sounds like a lot! I removed a few things I don't use like notes, peep, footprint and ended up with about 94Mb

I removed exactly the same things (plus Wavesecure) and had a 85MB ROM.

Sounds strange, as all these components were included in previous ROMs and they were never over 93MB.

Maybe Paul can explain.

D

Cant get to the kitchen thread and bake me a custom rom. Is there another Link now ???

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /content//// on this server.

Apache/2.2.9 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.5.1 PHP/5.2.11-0.dotdeb.1 with Suhosin-Patch Server at android.modaco.com Port 80

Edited by wraku

Great ROM, thnx Paul!

Facing an issue with MMS, however:

Received an electronic boarding pass from my airline including a 4KB pic. The message shows a "Download" button. Pressing the button prompts a "Download unsuccessful" message.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

I knew that this message comes when mobile network is disabled, so maybe this is your problem