10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest arunshen

Paul

I must thank you (with everyone else) for your excellent work. Just cooked my first ROM courtesy of your kitchen. Great! B)

I'm now left wondering whether which of the £9.99 for ad-free or £can't-quite-remember-how-much for the Hero was a better investment. I reckon you might know! :)

Arun

Guest theFRAGGLE

Finally I got quick&easy rid of peep, notes and footprint! :-) ROM is fast and smooth. Let's see how it is after one day (and night) of use.

Edited by theFRAGGLE

Hi, I just upgraded to a Hero from Tmobile UK last week. So I made a gold card (using supplied 2gig) and ADB the recovery image across, then Nandroid backup and installed Modaco 3.0. It's been running for a few days now. Didn't update the radio.

Had trouble with XP drivers, it seems I need to switch 'My HTC' driver for sync and 'ADB' driver for ADB manually.

History over.

Now, the ROM runs well and I have had no issues with anything except that yesterday after my phone being in standby mode for over an hour when I turned it on it had a message warning of having removed the SD card without demounting it first, this happened twice. it isn't the gold card I made, it's a spare 4gig used in my N95. Is this something I should worry about? I haven't seen it reported in any threads, but I have seen complaints of SD cards not being seen on a device.

I would like to get on with a 3.1 custom ROM, but if I have a hardware fault I will have to return it to Tmob.

Thanks for reading.

Yes it is, I will do that. I'm also gonna put in an option to include the latest Radio in there I think?

P

i would not do that. too much bricked phones from ppl not waiting long enough after radio installation...

Guest Dr. Elch

Hi Paul, thanks for this great rom it's very fast. I love it.

I baked my own custom rom with your kitchen but if I disable WiFi tethering it will be still there.

I did it two times. I disabled it in the kitchen but if I flashed the rom it is installed.

Greats

Alex

this is just dream come true paul

i must thank u very much. htc stock kernel with no mail, teeter, footprints, ROM is superfast....

u r god man. only one request, i suggest u make 2.0 / 2.1.

htc should ask u, if they cant put 2.1 with sense together.

Hi Paul, thanks for this great rom it's very fast. I love it.

I baked my own custom rom with your kitchen but if I disable WiFi tethering it will be still there.

I did it two times. I disabled it in the kitchen but if I flashed the rom it is installed.

Greats

Alex

Remove com.android.tether from /data/app or wipe before install.

P

this is just dream come true paul

i must thank u very much. htc stock kernel with no mail, teeter, footprints, ROM is superfast....

u r god man. only one request, i suggest u make 2.0 / 2.1.

htc should ask u, if they cant put 2.1 with sense together.

As soon as my sources have a stable 2.1 build we'll start the MCR 4.0 fun! :)

P

Guest T39andcounting
168 builds, 157 unique. I'm shocked! Genuinely!

P

And I'm one of them. Signed up for Ad-free today to be able to use this and no regrets. Definitely seems faster off the blocks. True test will be if it starts to lag after a day or two with no reboots like happened before, but fingers crossed. If nothing else, I haven't got the frustration of seeing the Mail app sitting there whenever I use Task Killer even though I've never opened it!!

Thanks Paul!

So, building a ROM in the browser directly on your device and downloading it directly to your device is quite cool! Need to get that mobile UI sorted and it'd be ultra sweet! Imagine framing that in an app and putting it on the market! :)

P

awesome work paul. 1 question though. how tu push a new services.jar? the included services.jar is few bytes and odex file is 945 KB. but i have edited a services.jar from 3.0 to have black clock. i have pushed that services.jar in 3.1 but it dint work. help will be really appreciated. cheers

Guest GodsDevil
So, building a ROM in the browser directly on your device and downloading it directly to your device is quite cool! Need to get that mobile UI sorted and it'd be ultra sweet! Imagine framing that in an app and putting it on the market! B)

P

Now THAT will be quite something :)

Guest Khrushchev

Can someone help please,

I can't seem to be able to get a mobile network connection.

I did a wipe before going to 3.1 to make sure everything worked.. I.E: Voice search.

Now i can;t seem to get online. I check the settings from my providers website *vodafone*,

can anyone help me?

Guest Skywrit3r

Baked and I'm loving it :)

I had a strange fault on first boot. I couldn't enter my pin. The Phone started fine but I didn't get the number pad to enter my pin, instead it went straight to my home screen and I had no phone service. After airplane-mode on and off I got the number pad and could enter my pin. On the next reboot it worked as i should.

I'm also wonder if you could put an option to exclude Google Talk.