10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Dr. dre

If you are downloading the right ROM, Try flashing the custom recovery image once again. Which version of recovery image do you have.

Guest ikamatos
i miss flashing :s

We got make some "Flashers anonymous" organization (less then 12 steps) because no ROM's to flash...sucks. :(

Not sure neglect is the right word? The money I've spent joining this forum was well worth it for what Paul's done so far. I'm hoping for a 2.1 release, but seriously - this beta is awesome, can it really get much better?

His words, not mine, I was just repeating what he said. I think the fee is well worth what we've got too.

So, why on earth it's still beta and, more importantly, still limited to donors.

I think it's fair enough that this ROM stays subscription only personally, maybe the latest ROM should always be paid and only older ROMS should be free.

Guest ippoP
I think it's fair enough that this ROM stays subscription only personally, maybe the latest ROM should always be paid and only older ROMS should be free.

I'm not going to argue whether it's fair or not. It's Paul's choice and it depends on the legal status of the whole thing.

Simply it has never been this way so far (3.1) and there has been no statement about this change.

The only thing I can read is that the 3.2 beta is for premium subscribers only, which is different from what you said.

And this is why I was asking.

Finally, there are ROMs freely available that are based on MCR 3.2beta ...

Guest tmpzero

I just upgraded to 3.1 with the addon and boot sound and have stumbled upon a few isues.

First I felt like the screen is getting slower in response and now the bottom part of the touchscreen is "nonresponsive".. anybody else experience this? It's hard to write SMS, recalibrate the screen and start phone calls since the lowest 10 mm of the screen doesn't respond to any touch/press..

Also the alarm clock doesnt sound when the alarm is supposed to go off..

Guest Dr. dre
I just upgraded to 3.1 with the addon and boot sound and have stumbled upon a few isues.

First I felt like the screen is getting slower in response and now the bottom part of the touchscreen is "nonresponsive".. anybody else experience this? It's hard to write SMS, recalibrate the screen and start phone calls since the lowest 10 mm of the screen doesn't respond to any touch/press..

Also the alarm clock doesnt sound when the alarm is supposed to go off..

It is a problem with your screen because many people are facing this problem of non responsive touches in the bottom part of the screen. You can give a try by flashing a new ROM but I think it wont help.

I'm not going to argue whether it's fair or not. It's Paul's choice and it depends on the legal status of the whole thing.

Simply it has never been this way so far (3.1) and there has been no statement about this change.

The only thing I can read is that the 3.2 beta is for premium subscribers only, which is different from what you said.

And this is why I was asking.

Finally, there are ROMs freely available that are based on MCR 3.2beta ...

Alright then, I think Paul's not made 3.2 available for free so he can make some money from it. How's that?

For the cost I think people should either pay up or wait quietly. :(

Guest Dr. dre
Just curious, but do you know if this ROM could be used on an AT&T HTC Desire to replace AT&T's tainted ROM?

No you can't use this because it is meant for hero device and not desire.

Guest nicandris
Dropbear SSH Server installed to /system partition

* This allows you to connect to your device over SSH. The SSH password (username 'root') can be found in the device 'About' screen. The device listens on port 2222.

how can i change the root passwd?

Tried the "passwd" command but i get:

# passwd

passwd: unknown uid 0

and the "adduser" command:

# adduser root

adduser: /etc/passwd: No such file or directory

Guest paul smith

I think I would like to add that its nice that Paul takes his time over things. Having just installed the Villain 3.0/3.1/3.2 RoM it is plain to see that the dev has been rushing out his releases to the masses with plenty of problems becoming apparent. I would rather pay the subscription and end up with a well cooked RoM.

I uninstalled Villain today and went back to my "rock solid" 3.2 b5 rom.

The best things come to those who wait

Cheers for the good work Paul. Looking forward to your 2.1 releases when they become available

Guest runeo
I think I would like to add that its nice that Paul takes his time over things. Having just installed the Villain 3.0/3.1/3.2 RoM it is plain to see that the dev has been rushing out his releases to the masses with plenty of problems becoming apparent. I would rather pay the subscription and end up with a well cooked RoM.

I uninstalled Villain today and went back to my "rock solid" 3.2 b5 rom.

The best things come to those who wait

Cheers for the good work Paul. Looking forward to your 2.1 releases when they become available

I am with you, but why no more information about possible timeshedule.

Remember that Paul has already spoiled us. <_<

Its not Paul's fault that HTC haven't released the official 2.1 ROM for the Hero, for we all know that when/if they do, we'll get an MCR 4 to beta test shortly.

Guest claypole
Its not Paul's fault that HTC haven't released the official 2.1 ROM for the Hero, for we all know that when/if they do, we'll get an MCR 4 to beta test shortly.

I paid to get the latest (3.2 Beta) version and I have to say that it's rock solid and fast, what more can you ask for!

Well... 2.1 of course, and I can't wait, sounds like it is up to HTC to get the first official version out there (I have used the "leaked" versions already and found them very flaky and effectively unusable) and then I am sure Paul will release the perfect version on the Kitchen.

I was a little thrown by the charge for the 3.2 Beta to begin with, but actually I think this a very fair and reasonable charge for all the hard work that has gone into this, and decent way to get the community to chip in <_<

Guest chucky.egg

You didn't actually pay for 3.2 Beta - you paid to remove ads from the Modaco site, and to support the work that goes into the site and into ROM development. Sounds nit-picky, but it's an important distinction.

I don't know how Paul will work it, but I imagine that when 2.1 comes out, and Paul's done a ROM based on it the 2.1-based ROM will be availble to Ad Free and Plus members, and 3.2 will become available to anyone.

Guest kookix

a little question about 3G speed tweaks to build.prop

I'd like to know what the tweak is really doing ?

How to remove it properly ?

Guest drummer

Ever since using this ROM and all the SMSs I try to send fail. I'm still receiving them ok. Any ideas?

I am on T-Mobile UK

Edited by drummer