Android, MS Exchange, & Verizon

Guest Phantom27

Guest Phantom27

Well. A friend let me play with his new T-Mobile Touch (or something like that). It was an Android phone. It was awesome! I'm a big Windows Mobile fan and currently have a Samsung Omnia with WM 6.5 (yes I'm a flasher)

Ok, so my next question... Does Verizon have an android phone (I only have verizon in my area). No, but they should be getting one soon. Ok...

Next Question: (and the big one) Does android intregrate with Microsoft Exchange Server? I use my MS Exchange Server at work and my phone syncs with it automaticly (I have to install a certificate first). It's awesome, I get my email, my calendar, tasks, and contacts all automatically and real time.

So is there something like that for Android?

Next Question: (and the big one) Does android intregrate with Microsoft Exchange Server? I use my MS Exchange Server at work and my phone syncs with it automaticly (I have to install a certificate first). It's awesome, I get my email, my calendar, tasks, and contacts all automatically and real time.

So is there something like that for Android?

It depends on the software. Android as in itself doesn't have activesync capabilities.

Some phones have custom HTC software (if they're not Google branded) and activesync is there.

It can sync contacts,calendar and email, but doesn't sync tasks or notes.

Guest Webreaper
It depends on the software. Android as in itself doesn't have activesync capabilities.

Some phones have custom HTC software (if they're not Google branded) and activesync is there.

It can sync contacts,calendar and email, but doesn't sync tasks or notes.

Google are working on their own Exchange integration layer; I'm not sure whether this is due as part of Donut, Eclair or separate release.