FloTanium ROM (M2D + Neo). HIDE23 (Final release?)

Guest Nicklashidegard

Guest beeback

23518-Fat (Nick 25-1-10)

Step 1. Eboot image Downloading

Downloading EBOOT...

Eboot : Write to SDRAM FAIL!!!

1-1. Download Eboot DL_MSG_CHECK_FAIL

Download failed!!

:) B) :D

P.S

ok i finnaly did it after 3rd try ;) 3rd is a charm ? B)

Downloading EBOOT...

EBOOT image downloaded.

Step 2. PDA image Downloading

Downloading PDA region #1(DISKIMAGE)...

PDA Image Length : 125006127

PDA image downloaded.

Step 3. Customer image Downloading

Downloading CSC...

GetSize : 126976

CSC finished.

Edited by beeback

Guest WAIKIKI728
Waikiki, thanks a lot; I installed, soft reset, tried to configure, but an error appeared; I'll keep trying. Thanks anyway.

For me it works like a charm...just after soft reset..it disappears...i just copy mtloader.exe to startup menu...and i click on it to load it again :)

Guest Carlos_rpg
For me it works like a charm...just after soft reset..it disappears...i just copy mtloader.exe to startup menu...and i click on it to load it again :)

Hey Nicklas chief, can you share your notepad cab/OEM our EXT ?

Guest remus66

I did the same and now works very good. Thanks again.

Guest mrhendrik

Hi Nick,

Already try 23518 FAT, beside these bugs, others are work like a charm.. thanks for your great rom..

Bugs:

- Setting -> Personal -> themes, can not access themes

- messagge & email -> when open an sms or an email, it is slow to scroll..

i really want to try 23518 flotanium version, anybody can confirm these bugs aren't exist?

thanks

Guest jms2367

nick. hope you can cook a fat rom based on 21889. i use the today2 UI on the stock wm6.1 rom a lot. also build 21889 will be great as i can use all of my 3rd party software.

Guest The Bitland Prince

Hello,

very nice work and good ROM. Nice battery life, nice design and nice GFX. Touchscreen sensitivity is great and in general this ROM works good!

However, I'm struggling with a few bugs and a couple of them are serious.

The most important one is it's been reported that I missed some calls, meaning my Omnia didn't actually ring and people got the standard ringing as if I didn't reply to my phone. This never happened before I flashed and and has been reported by at least 3-4 different person in a week. Scary! B) I will need to remove this ROM because of this. I will try to installa new ROM and check if it's a problem of these new ROMs because I had original Samsung ROM before flashing this one.

Also had a few less-important but annoying bugs. When you receive a call and you don't reply, sometimes phone gets struck to answering screen (the one where you can slide one of two buttons to answer or ignore call). This happens of course when touchscreen is locked. Annoying because I have to soft reset to go back to normal state. This is second reason while I have to remove this.

Sometimes when you browse contacts, pressing icon or button to call them won't do anything. Sometimes when you switch to TouchFlo and then you press "Today" to get back, you won't get back to Today screen and will be redirect to calls history. You have to enter settings and pretend to switch today to what it already is to get back. Annoying. :-)

Finally, calls history won't save my calls in a proper way. Calls will be lost or incorrectly reported (I called a few people asking why they called me only to found out they didn't). If you don't look at the screen while they call you, you can't trust missed calls report.

I've found a couple of bugs but I can't remember them right now. I hope those were problems of my Omnia (i900) only and other people will be fine with this beautiful ROM. I also hope my report will let cooker to correct such bugs if they are related to ROM. :-)

Take care and thank you for your work ! :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hello,

very nice work and good ROM. Nice battery life, nice design and nice GFX. Touchscreen sensitivity is great and in general this ROM works good!

However, I'm struggling with a few bugs and a couple of them are serious.

The most important one is it's been reported that I missed some calls, meaning my Omnia didn't actually ring and people got the standard ringing as if I didn't reply to my phone. This never happened before I flashed and and has been reported by at least 3-4 different person in a week. Scary! B) I will need to remove this ROM because of this. I will try to installa new ROM and check if it's a problem of these new ROMs because I had original Samsung ROM before flashing this one.

Also had a few less-important but annoying bugs. When you receive a call and you don't reply, sometimes phone gets struck to answering screen (the one where you can slide one of two buttons to answer or ignore call). This happens of course when touchscreen is locked. Annoying because I have to soft reset to go back to normal state. This is second reason while I have to remove this.

Sometimes when you browse contacts, pressing icon or button to call them won't do anything. Sometimes when you switch to TouchFlo and then you press "Today" to get back, you won't get back to Today screen and will be redirect to calls history. You have to enter settings and pretend to switch today to what it already is to get back. Annoying. :-)

Finally, calls history won't save my calls in a proper way. Calls will be lost or incorrectly reported (I called a few people asking why they called me only to found out they didn't). If you don't look at the screen while they call you, you can't trust missed calls report.

I've found a couple of bugs but I can't remember them right now. I hope those were problems of my Omnia (i900) only and other people will be fine with this beautiful ROM. I also hope my report will let cooker to correct such bugs if they are related to ROM. :-)

Take care and thank you for your work ! :)

These are all bugs of 28205. try 23518 or 23620, they both work ok.. next release will be 28217, seem to be working well, and ahould be ready for early next week :D

These are all bugs of 28205. try 23518 or 23620, they both work ok.. next release will be 28217, seem to be working well, and ahould be ready for early next week B)

Have been trying the "FAT" one for 2 days now and enjoy it :D

I had no problem until now and there is far enough free memory to install the few applications I'm using on a daily basis.

What about the new 28217 ? Flotanium ? Fat ?... what nice surprise are you cooking for us ? :)

Another question: is there place where to download your HIDE* today themes collection ?

Keep up with your excellent cooking B)

Edited by psohal

Guest The Bitland Prince
These are all bugs of 28205. try 23518 or 23620, they both work ok.. next release will be 28217, seem to be working well, and ahould be ready for early next week :)

Thanks for update :-) I will give it a try :-)

Great work, however. I liked that ROM a lot :-)

Guest Nicklashidegard
nick. hope you can cook a fat rom based on 21889. i use the today2 UI on the stock wm6.1 rom a lot. also build 21889 will be great as i can use all of my 3rd party software.

You can try 21889 fat HERE. I've not had a chance to test it yet so please consider it a beta. If you encounter anything, please let me know so that i can sort it :)

Guest jms2367
You can try 21889 fat HERE. I've not had a chance to test it yet so please consider it a beta. If you encounter anything, please let me know so that i can sort it :)

thanks nick.

i'm trying to download it now but i am having connectivity problems with my internet.

Guest Nicklashidegard

28217 will be up tomorrow hopefully. After that i'll prolly release one more of the new builds (maybe 24001) but there are so many new ones coming through that i won't have time for all of them. Hopefully by wednesday :) .. All will be slightly different to the previous builds with a new font and the new icons from Dinik.. I really like them B) . Also a new pictureviewer will be included and i'll see what else i find ...

BTW, for a great way to transform the standard file explorer try the attached cab. It allows you to use it to overwrite system files (like resco/total commmander) and tree view, thumbnail view etc etc....

fexploreext_v2.06.CAB

Guest Nicklashidegard

28217 added to first post (although 28223 is out as well i'm not gonna bother with that). I'll add another 1 or 2 builds later from new com braches (24001 looks good and maybe another one as well) and also a couple of lite roms (Titanium classic and a Neo special for Sb :) )

Guest dollar99
28217 added to first post (although 28223 is out as well i'm not gonna bother with that). I'll add another 1 or 2 builds later from new com braches (24001 looks good and maybe another one as well) and also a couple of lite roms (Titanium classic and a Neo special for Sb B) )

Is there any major diff between 28223 & 28217, if not then it is ok to skip it.

The most important thing i like about your roms is

First, FloTanium with not sacrificing speed & reliability

Second, u always try to innovate thing up. even if there is nothing great to do, u try to make it something different. :D

Love Ur roms :)

After long time i got a relief with seeing your upcoming roms,

Tried almost all the roms in the forum and couldn't match anything to my taste or my usage.

Except PDhee's one, but still loose my way of impressing people of two UI's at the same time.

Guest dollar99

One more request

I like the Word suggestion on PDhee's rom and tried many a ways to set it in your rom.

But never succeded.

Could you put it in your rom as it looks smaller and easier to type.

screenshot1kb.jpg

Guest Nicklashidegard
One more request

I like the Word suggestion on PDhee's rom and tried many a ways to set it in your rom.

But never succeded.

Could you put it in your rom as it looks smaller and easier to type.

Thanks for the good coments B)

I'm afraid i don't know how to fix the word suggestion thing :) . I'll have a play around later..

Just testing 24001, not a huge difference in speed, maybe a little bit quicker... we'll see which one i'll upload next :D

Guest Nicklashidegard
Hey Nick, In i910 Lioryte's thread, folks are saying 24001 is the fastest.. is it so? ;-).. i am eagerly waiting for your 24001 rom.. :-)

Running 24001 at the mo and yes, it IS fast but so is 28217. Not a huge difference (maybe in benchmarks you notice it). I'll try and upload 24001 later so that you can decide for yourself :)

Thanks for the update.

Only problem I've encountered so far is that pressing themes in Personal doesn't load, which isn't a major issue as it can still be accessed by going to Home.

Again thanks for another great rom :)

Guest Nicklashidegard
Thanks for the update.

Only problem I've encountered so far is that pressing themes in Personal doesn't load, which isn't a major issue as it can still be accessed by going to Home.

Again thanks for another great rom B)

I did delete that one as i didn't think anyone used it. (only mess things up for me :) ).

Guest Nicklashidegard
Ah I see.

Also does 24001 have any improvements over 28217 for it to be worth updating to?

Not really, 24001 being the first build of a new branch they haven't done much.

I'v e added 23102 to first post, seems a very good, smooth build. Heavy sys though so not so much free mem :)

Guest chandanbs

Hi Nick,

I have tested Dhees 24001 and Ock's 25001 roms both of them Classic versions.. i think there are some stability issues with these AKU's...24001 froze couple of times.. then on 25001.. calendar freezes, local network operator settings vanish...

I guess.. we have to revert to either 28XXX or 23XXX builds...

its so tempting with those 24XXX and 25XXX almost made us believe there are some great enhancements or new features.. but alas...couldnt find any of these except the quickness...