BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I wanted to echo that thought. I've tried 2 in the past 12 hours and came back to your. Scrolling is smoothest. One rom had the wrong focus in long menus (on the background screen not the menu) so you could not scroll in a menu.

Thanks for the great work.

Glad you like it. :D

Guest kennethchia
I'm pretty sure I have posted this already.

hi blazingwolf where you are posted this 4across icon?can u sharing download link?Thanks

Guest cashX3r0

nice work bw. very nice rom. i used the blue theme since late september. was finally sick of not being able to do calendar appointments. came back here, saw that you updated your rom, installed black today. runs great! two things that i didnt like (other than cal appts) was that opera lagged when typing and kenetic scrolling was horrid. as soon as i installed today i noticed a much better performance on both issues. then, after a few hours, i had installed gmaps, marketplace, and facebook. WHOA, back to laggy typing in opera and un-kinetic scrolling. i have read others having laggy opera issues, but havent read any resolves. so i hard reset. back to GREAT performance! now i am scared to install anything. i assume gmaps isnt causing the issue, but what about facebook or marketplace? any answers? i hate lag. i would rather not install anything than sacrifice performance.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

Hey all. I know BW is taking a deserved break and the family is in the middle of this flu thing but, I wanted to ask One, is there a new ROM on the horizon? Just curious. And Two, I am still getting uncontrollable lockups, occasional keyboard slowness and other semi-serious issues on my most current "black" ROM. I am thinking of going back to the most recent Samsung/VZW official ROM. I have had a ton of fun playing, installing and experimenting with you all but I need the stability back. If there is a new ROM coming up soon I'll wait it out. If not I'll step backward.

If I go back to the last official VZW update, can I add whatever I need to get the really cool interface used in BWs ROMS? What all do I need to get this interface on the last official release? Is that all stored someplace? Last question for the night. If I go backward, can I get and use the PIM backup tool to add my contacts back in since I'll be going backwards in versions?

You guys are great with all this stuff but I am tired of resetting the phone to get it to work all the time. Not that I think these issues are related to the cooks at all. I think there are still some things to be worked out in the Windows updates yet. Once MS settles on a finished version, maybe we can all be stable again? They sure are taking on heck of a sweet long time getting it ready. MS is getting passed by from pretty much everyone at this point so I would say they are already pretty late.

Thoughts?

S.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey all. I know BW is taking a deserved break and the family is in the middle of this flu thing but, I wanted to ask One, is there a new ROM on the horizon? Just curious. And Two, I am still getting uncontrollable lockups, occasional keyboard slowness and other semi-serious issues on my most current "black" ROM. I am thinking of going back to the most recent Samsung/VZW official ROM. I have had a ton of fun playing, installing and experimenting with you all but I need the stability back. If there is a new ROM coming up soon I'll wait it out. If not I'll step backward.

If I go back to the last official VZW update, can I add whatever I need to get the really cool interface used in BWs ROMS? What all do I need to get this interface on the last official release? Is that all stored someplace? Last question for the night. If I go backward, can I get and use the PIM backup tool to add my contacts back in since I'll be going backwards in versions?

You guys are great with all this stuff but I am tired of resetting the phone to get it to work all the time. Not that I think these issues are related to the cooks at all. I think there are still some things to be worked out in the Windows updates yet. Once MS settles on a finished version, maybe we can all be stable again? They sure are taking on heck of a sweet long time getting it ready. MS is getting passed by from pretty much everyone at this point so I would say they are already pretty late.

Thoughts?

S.

I'm working on a new ROM but I still have a bunch of things to work on so I'm not sure exactly when it will come out.

I'm not sure about the lockups your experiencing as I have not had any issues like that. Have you hard reset and tried it for a while with none of your 3rd party programs installed?

First off I want to thank you BW for making such sweet roms, I have been following since the first version of this just havent been posting...

I do have two questions:

1) can I go back to the older keyboard setup, if not what keyboard apps do people recommend?

2) Is there a new shortcut to showcase? Otherwise do you always have to access it through utilities?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Edited by Tedchm

Guest anadiotisjv
I'm working on a new ROM but I still have a bunch of things to work on so I'm not sure exactly when it will come out.

I'm not sure about the lockups your experiencing as I have not had any issues like that. Have you hard reset and tried it for a while with none of your 3rd party programs installed?

Blazing Wolf .... I have been following your thread for a little while now, I have a Samsung I8000 phone and would like to try your WM Black or Blue on my phone but am somewhat confused on how to flash the phone. I have been using Octans for the ROM's I have been getting out of another forum and was curious if you or anyone else could post me some links I could follow. I really like my phone I just would like to get some of the Samsung stuff off of it.

Can you or another member help? I have such a terrilbe experience with SPB mobile shell on my phone I had to remove it because of how slow it is with the Samsung ROM, would love to move to something more robust so I can use the SBP app again.

Thanks in advance and I hope your family is feeling better, mine just went through in CO and I was lucky enough to have missed it.

Guest DeepBlueEditor

No, I admit I haven't but, I can;t live without a real keyboard. It's just too painful for me personally to use the newer keyboard included in the Blue and Black ROMS and I am pretty sure that's a good deal of the issue. I can live without most everything else I install. What I do almost always install immediately is the following:

Thumbcal (older free version)

tclock bgill55 (I like a nice settable alarm)

Palringo (Great multi IM client)

GSPlayer (I know it's older but it plays internet streaming and is a simple interface)

GSPlayer aac plugin

GSPlayer wma plugin

YouTube Player (I work in media and film production so a good flash player is a must for me)

YouTube (Their direct YouTube application)

Google Maps (to use the GPS)

Genix9 CMultiClock (It rocks for updates on the home screen)

Omnia Keyboard (to get a full keyboard)

Nils Black Samsung Keyboard (to get the black keyboard)

Pretty sure most of the issues are from the last 2 but I have been needing a real keyboard to make good use of email, etc. I just can;t force myself to do multiple taps and waiting between to tap out words. I also don;t use the xt9 thing. Makes me buggy when it doesn;t get it right and I want to throw the thing, but that's me and I'm just an old school typer I suppose.

Maybe I'll remove the 2 keyboards for a spell and see how it goes for a bit. I sure hope someone comes up with a fully compatible full keyboard when thedifferent versions settle into a final version of WM7.

Any thoughts on the above are appreciated.

Again, and as always, the amount of time and work you and the other chefs put into these things would kill the average joe so as you know, we are all very greatful for all you ahve done. We love to play with our devices or we would just stick to the original ROMS.

The interface you have spplied here in an HTC Touch Flo version, is that correct? I have been using it since the first cooked ROM and do love the configurability of it and if I would go back to the Sammy ROM, I would still love to add in that interface. All in all, very well done sir. My hat is off and has been for sometime.

S.

First off I want to thank you BW for making such sweet roms, I have been following since the first version of this just havent been posting...

I do have two questions:

1) can I go back to the older keyboard setup, if not what keyboard apps do people recommend?

2) Is there a new shortcut to showcase? Otherwise do you always have to access it through utilities?

Thanks for you help in advance!

1) You can go back to the older keyboard, you will need to find a cab somewhere in the forums for it. I would recommend trying Finger Keyboard though, it is what I use and I love it

2) To get to Showcase, you can press and hold the Start Menu icon and it should open

Guest ejamminj01
@Everyone,

my household is suffering through the flu right now. I'll probably not be around much for the next few days.

Hope you and the family get well soon.

Guest Snickasaurus
@Everyone,

my household is suffering through the flu right now. I'll probably not be around much for the next few days.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Guest sojrner
No, I admit I haven't but, I can;t live without a real keyboard...

Basic troubleshooting says that if you have glitch, in order to fix it you first find what it is. Steps like this are what narrow that down. So if you do this step (which was suggested to you quite a while back in this thread) you will find that after the hard reset and NOT installing most of the apps you will have a stable setup. (I concur that the keyboards are probably the issue because BW already said as much before you "found" this issue)

If stability is what you want and yet still keep the touchy-friendliness of newer WM builds this is the sacrifice you'll have to make. There is no guarantee that any future WM build would work with "older" WM software as m$ has no incentive to "need" that to work.

Alternatives: grab any one of the suggested keyboards that BW and others have mentioned in this thread (with perhaps mixed results)... or step back to BW's night 1.4 rom (6.5, not 6.5.1 but does have working sammy keyboard)... anything is better than the old dumpy verizon 6.1.

Guest stang7606

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the dropdown for the taskbar? I don't find it useful and I like to use the HTC task manager that you can select up in the corner. Thanks

I've tried a few different ROMs of late and always come back to this one as the most stable and fully functional. I have noticed one small issue that I have not seen elsewhere. The icons in Titanium for programs I have insatlled disappear leaving the default icon. Re-installing obviously restores the icon, but I was curious why this is happening and is there a soution?

Thanks.

This is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!

Thank you BW! I just loaded it onto my Verizon Omnia i910 and it works beautifully. This is so much more finger-friendly. I picked up an HTC Imagio last week, and with this ROM for the Omnia - I think that I am going to return the Imagio. I will miss its bigger and higher resolution screen though.

I just have to figure out how to control which items appear on the left edge of the screen, and how to set the display order of the items in the Start menu.

Guest sojrner
Love this Rom. I just uploaded it to my phone and it works great...the only problem is I cant access the internet on my phone...help/suggestions??

covered extensively in this thread... many options. Easiest is just do a hard-reset and all will be working.

Guest blazingwolf
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to disable the dropdown for the taskbar? I don't find it useful and I like to use the HTC task manager that you can select up in the corner. Thanks

No there is not. Plus, HTC task manager will no longer close apps with the newer builds.

Guest blazingwolf
I've tried a few different ROMs of late and always come back to this one as the most stable and fully functional. I have noticed one small issue that I have not seen elsewhere. The icons in Titanium for programs I have insatlled disappear leaving the default icon. Re-installing obviously restores the icon, but I was curious why this is happening and is there a soution?

Thanks.

I'm not understanding the issue. Can you help me out with some more info?