BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
quick keyboard question(again): in opera, typing in portrait typing mode, i have to wait a second before going to the next letter, no matter if i am hitting another key or staying on the same key. is this normal? only happens in opera, texting is much faster.

Haven't seen this one yet but there are known problems with keyboards and Opera.

Guest rtimi28

BW don't forget to put swype and also use the omnialite dialer,phonebook and call log if you can, I thing even though one is cooking a rom it should still represent the phone (i.e samsung ) a little and not put alot of htc apps on it. this is your rom and I'm sure its for you and not us but it would be nice to see someone with experience like yours build a rom with samsung in mind and not htc if you know what I mean. Yes samsung touchwiz has some delay issues on the homescreen but everthing else seems to work fine to me, like touchplayer media album or photoalbum on omnialite and so on.

Guest blazingwolf
BW don't forget to put swype and also use the omnialite dialer,phonebook and call log if you can, I thing even though one is cooking a rom it should still represent the phone (i.e samsung ) a little and not put alot of htc apps on it. this is your rom and I'm sure its for you and not us but it would be nice to see someone with experience like yours build a rom with samsung in mind and not htc if you know what I mean. Yes samsung touchwiz has some delay issues on the homescreen but everthing else seems to work fine to me, like touchplayer media album or photoalbum on omnialite and so on.

I'll be including Swype since everyone seems to like it but I don't have plans for Phonebook or Call log. They take up to much space for what they do. Feel free to add them back in though. ;)

Guest rtimi28
I'll be including Swype since everyone seems to like it but I don't have plans for Phonebook or Call log. They take up to much space for what they do. Feel free to add them back in though. ;)

Nice thanks also anymore pics showing your nice themes.

Guest rndchef
Like this?

Better but I never loved this dialer. I used it for a little while. I actually like the current but with fatter buttons similar to the stock grey dialer.

Guest blazingwolf
Better but I never loved this dialer. I used it for a little while. I actually like the current but with fatter buttons similar to the stock grey dialer.

It's the same dialer with fatter buttons and a different skin. So, I'm a bit confused at your statement (of course maybe I'm just confused ;) ).

Guest sojrner
It's the same dialer with fatter buttons and a different skin. So, I'm a bit confused at your statement (of course maybe I'm just confused ;) ).

Personally I like the current dialer... that pic you posted looks good, but I like the bigger call list of the current one. Yes, buttons are smaller but I use the list and history more than actually dialing numbers... if I am dialing while driving (at stop light of course, lol) I rarely call an unknown number, so button size is less important to me.

Just my 2 bits. I don't dislike the new dialer at all... just not sure it is "better" than the current one. Rock on anyway BW, I am intrigued by the other changes.

Guest rndchef

Sorry I wasn't clear. I agree with the post above that the buttons are great on the new dialer. What I did not like about that dialer was the single line visibility of the phone list. I use the list all the time so it is easier to use when you can see more numbers. Thanks for asking anyhow!

Guest reaver76
I noticed Storm put the new Omnia II Swype keyboard in his rom. Has anyone worked with this keyboard? It seems like an interesting design.

I have been using it with BW's rom and it works great. The ability to trace the word and have it come up is great and makes texting and typing extremely quick. It does take a bit to get the hang of it. I definitely recommend it.

Guest blazingwolf

Yes, that is a sacrifice. Not to much I can do about it and get the bigger buttons. Most of the other dialers that I have found that work on these builds with no scrollbar have broken features of some sort.

Guest sojrner
Yes, that is a sacrifice. Not to much I can do about it and get the bigger buttons. Most of the other dialers that I have found that work on these builds with no scrollbar have broken features of some sort.

ya, personally then I would not worry about bigger buttons... but that is just me.

I have had issues on the sensitivity of the touch screen so I modified the registry setting and it did help. See below for changes (use at your own risk and make sure you do a backup).

Goto -> HKLM/Hardware/Devicemap/Touch/CalibrationData & modify Value Data to -> 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

Guest blazingwolf
I have had issues on the sensitivity of the touch screen so I modified the registry setting and it did help. See below for changes (use at your own risk and make sure you do a backup).

Goto -> HKLM/Hardware/Devicemap/Touch/CalibrationData & modify Value Data to -> 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

What you did does not affect screen sensitivity. It changes the tap location. Here is the setting that I use on my Omnia (it comes in my ROMs too). 504,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872.

Guest isuckrealbad

well new phone just got here, was hoping to be installing the newest rom from you on it today bw but i understand the holidays are consuming your chef times(plus the droid must be occupying your fingers a bit too lol) but ill install srs and see if i can manage to blow the speaker again in the next month or so. i talked to the same guy that sent me this replacement and if this one goes out i can go to the droid for a mere $50 hahahahah sweet tits but i kinda wanna wait on the passion, hmmmmmmmm

This new version is called WM7 Blue and WM7 Black. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23064 which is the latest release of WM6.5.

I would like to thank the following people for helping me with my Roms:

Adrynalyne

bga7x

hartv427

Noonski

Please remember that you flash at your own risk and I am not responsible for any bad things that happen to your device.

How to flash:

You must flash to the CF03 ROM before flashing to this ROM.

Then:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

10-9-09: SYS and XIP updated to 23064, fixed appointment creation screen, new soft key buttons in black version.

10-4-09: New black version using m.carrolls PureBlackV3, New Autocalllocker version, LG Incite keyboard, fixed CLinks panel name, contacts from 23414, modded TM Carbon dialer for black version.

9-27-09: Updated SYS and XIP to 23053, updated SkyFire, updated CLauncher to .25, added GPS Radar to Titanium Weather, added AutoCallLocker by JohKarJes, added Samsung SDK, cleaned up Neo Theme, new blue theme by Jeffrey2000, used LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen.

9-7-09:Initial release

Items in the ROM:

Advanced Config 3.3

All in one Comm Manager/Wifi Router ported by Sector

Apptodate

Autocalllocker by JohKarJes

Bing

Black Power Calc

Black Keyboard

Black Easy Settings

Black FMRadio

Bluetooth Icon broker

Default IM (input selector)

Esmertec JBed Java

GPS Radar

HTC dlls

Kinetic scrolling

Mortscrip

My Phone

Neo Titanium Panels - ATContacts, CClock, CHome, CLauncher, COpera, CLinks, COffice, CAppointments, TitaniumWeather, CMusic, Cpictures

Personalizer

PIM backup

PSShutXP

Samsung SDK

Samsung Volume control with ExilHHBlueMeta theme by Krazy Radd

SD card Tuneup

SDK Certs

Showaco CHome Editor

Showaco Restart

Showcase Task Manager

SkyFire

Spb Screenshot

Thumbcal with modded theme

XDA_UC

WM7 theme by Jeffery2000 (modded by me)

Removed:

All cursors except the standard arrow

Security check

Screen Calibration

Theme Editor

Large Display (icon still shows in settings but will not work)

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Infrared Drivers

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Phonebook

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Dialer

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Reader

Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)

Widgets

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

User Customization:

My ROM uses a user customization tool called XDA_UC created by Noonski. It will allow you to place your theme, tweaks, cabs and other files on your storage card and have them installed automatically after a flash or hard reset. To get a better idea of what I am talking about please see this thread over at XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3611692

These files will need to be put in a folder in the root of your storage card. The folder is called XDA_UC.

For your theme to be used you will need to rename it to My.tsk and place it in the XDA_UC folder. Then on first boot your theme will be used.

Cab file installation. If you want cabs to be installed to device memory the place them in the XDA_UC folder. These cabs will be installed silently and need no user interaction. If you want a cab file to be installed to your Storage card or My Storage then you will need to place cab file in XDA_UC/SD. Any cab files in this folder will auto launch but will ask you where to install them. After installation you will need to tap on OK and the next cab file installation will start.

Reg tweaks that you put in will need contain the following line at the top of the file "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00", a line space must be included at the end of the file. If you look at the XDA-Devlopers thread I linked above you will see more information about this.

Now that I have done this there are some changes to the startup procedure. Please note the changes so you do not have issues.

You no longer need to tap on the start menu to have the ROM finish loading. This will be done automatically for you. Wait for about 30 seconds or so and you will see a customization popup that will let you know that customization is starting. You can tap on the countdown number to start or just let it count down. This will install any items that you have in the XDA_UC folder.

If you have no XDA_UC folder you will still see the customization popup. Tap on the countdown or let it finish. It will finish installation of the items I have placed in the ROM.

Once this has finished a popup screen will appear letting you know that the customizations have finished. OK out of this screen and your device will soft reset to complete all installations.

Version 1 notes:

Like all newer versions of Windows Phone the OK/Close is broken in the Phone settings screen. You can slave a hard button to OK/Close or soft reset after changing your settings.

Known issues:

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Black Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139669756/6dc3...Black23064.html

Blue Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139673495/8e48...7Blue23064.html

BW.... I am a real noob!! I flashed your Rock and Republic ROM in July and have been thrilled with it, so I wanted to flash your WM7 Blue. I saw that I must first flash the CF03 from samsung first, and that is the problem...when I attempt to flash CF03 using the upgrade tool from Verizon, it will not flash upon restart; instead my device just reboots to Rock and Republic. Any thoughts as to how I can get the CF03 on my device so I can flash to WM7 Blue? Thanks in advance.

BW.... I am a real noob!! I flashed your Rock and Republic ROM in July and have been thrilled with it, so I wanted to flash your WM7 Blue. I saw that I must first flash the CF03 from samsung first, and that is the problem...when I attempt to flash CF03 using the upgrade tool from Verizon, it will not flash upon restart; instead my device just reboots to Rock and Republic. Any thoughts as to how I can get the CF03 on my device so I can flash to WM7 Blue? Thanks in advance.

had you ever flashed to cfo3?

if you had , you only need to do that one time .

You should be good to go as far as flashing to any i910 rom.

:) ;)

had you ever flashed to cfo3?

if you had , you only need to do that one time .

You should be good to go as far as flashing to any i910 rom.

I know that I had to flash to cc20 in order to flash to Rock and Republic...since R and R is a WM6.5 ROM, does that eliminate the need for cf03? Is that already in R and R is what I am asking, I guess. Thanks.

Guest ibrubeer

I am using this rom from BW, and am working with another developer to troubleshoot a bug in his app. He asked for an emulator image for this rom. Can he just use the same image that we install on the phone?

Edited by ibrubeer

Then you have flash to cf03 first if you don't show it in your setting folder.

Did you read pinned post topic ? that might explain better.

I did read the first pinned post topic, and most of the rest of this thread as well, which led me to download the cf03 tool from Verizon. I followed the instructions on flashing cf03, up to the automatic restart to start the flash. The problem is that when my phone rebooted, it did so to my current ROM and did not start the cf03 flash as it was supposed to. The message was to soft reset, diconnect from my PC and restart the flash tool, which I did three times with the same result. In essence, I can't seem to find a way for the cf03 flash "to take" on my device.

I did read the first pinned post topic, and most of the rest of this thread as well, which led me to download the cf03 tool from Verizon. I followed the instructions on flashing cf03, up to the automatic restart to start the flash. The problem is that when my phone rebooted, it did so to my current ROM and did not start the cf03 flash as it was supposed to. The message was to soft reset, diconnect from my PC and restart the flash tool, which I did three times with the same result. In essence, I can't seem to find a way for the cf03 flash "to take" on my device.

Humm...

Did you use the xp version or the vista version that might be a issue.

Read this tech page.

http://techblips.dailyradar.com/story/wher...ade_for_my_sch/

Its been sooo long I can't remember having a problem.