BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf
I'm having the same problem with the BW WM7 Blue ROM, (WiFi Router is cooked into this ROM) So far have not been able to get it to work at all. I've tried everything from other threads. My computer just doesn't get an IP address after I connect to the WiFi network on the phone.

Has anyone been able to get this to work consistently? Or at all for that matter?

P.S. Jaycarl, you might want to post this to the BW 1.4 MS3 thread as this one is for the BW WM7 Blue ROM

Posting it in my 1.4 ROM won't help (which does not have this program in it). I'm not sure why it is not connecting. I thought it might be having connected through the ICS but that does not seem to be it either since I hard reset and still get nothing. I'm still playing hoping I can find the specific reason why it did work but now doesn't.

I don't plan to remove this from the ROM though as it has many other features that do work and I find very convenient.

Edit: I just played with it again and I am connected with the internet. That is how I am posting this edit. Very weird.

Edited by blazingwolf

Beautiful rom yet again wolf !!! I do Agree with previous posts and express my love for a black theme. An All black theme.

Anyway i can use the old black buttons with no bottom bar as seen in previous builds ¡¿¿

Guest blazingwolf
Beautiful rom yet again wolf !!! I do Agree with previous posts and express my love for a black theme. An All black theme.

Anyway i can use the old black buttons with no bottom bar as seen in previous builds ¡¿¿

The buttons in the soft key bar (bottom bar)? They are transparent and will work with any theme.

Guest WeaselWeaz

How do you access the task switcher like the Night version has? On Night you can just clock where the X is in the top-right of the Today screen and pull up the list.

Guest blazingwolf
How do you access the task switcher like the Night version has? On Night you can just clock where the X is in the top-right of the Today screen and pull up the list.

Same way (except your tapping on the clock). The difference is that I am using the Showcase task manager. It will show a much more finger friendly list.

Guest WeaselWeaz
Same way (except your tapping on the clock). The difference is that I am using the Showcase task manager. It will show a much more finger friendly list.

This slower than the Night version for me, but works. Was the Night version from the previous build and Microsoft dropped it?

Guest reaver76
Hmm, my ROM must be old and boring. Amazing the lack of comments. :)

I wouldn't say old and boring...... I would say stable and fun. They are so busy enjoying it, that they forget to post. Thank for the great work. I look forward to what ever you come up with. :)

I wouldn't say old and boring...... I would say stable and fun. They are so busy enjoying it, that they forget to post. Thank for the great work. I look forward to what ever you come up with. :)

Ditto. BW, your roms rock. I like the Night v1.4 so much that I can't get myself to try the latest blue wm7 rom. I just dig the black sleek look. I am getting the itch to flash again though. It has been a few weeks which feels like an eternity. On a side note, I saw you post in another thread, BW, and you said you liked the look of a new black theme for wm7 that someone created. I think you said something like "it might make me like black again". I really hope so, cuz I would love to see a black theme for this new rom! If not, that's cool, I will have to try this rom soon enough, regardless.

I know this has been discussed several times before and in various places. I just wanted to ask if everyone else has to use the tip of their finger (partially your fingernail) to click on everything. That works well for me, but it sure would be nice if you could just click with your finger (not fingernail).

I guess my question is has anyone had any luck changing settings in the registry? I tried the suggestion a few posts back, but it didn't seem to help me. I also read another post that someone replaced their screen and/or digitzier. Has anyone tried this, and will I see a significant improvement?

Like I said, I have gotten used to using my fingernail for the most part, but I hate when I give my phone to someone else to use (wife for example), and she can't seem to click right.

Guest Burningmonkey

Hello, I'm having an odd problem where the keyboard will not work randomly and I'll have to soft reset to get it back. The keyboard will pop up and it seems like I can press it, but no characters appear when I hit letters or whatever and the device acts like I haven't typed anything. I'm not sure what's going on I was using the BW 1.4 rom and never had this issue. I installed touch response, is there maybe some weird setting I have missed? Any advice would help.

P.S. Thanks for all your work BW!

Guest blazingwolf
This slower than the Night version for me, but works. Was the Night version from the previous build and Microsoft dropped it?

Showcase is a little slower but not enough to bug me for the added finger friendly portions.

1.4 is built with 23016. It was one of the last build that had everything up top. MS has moved on to 6.5.1 where they are trying to make everything more finger friendly.

Guest blazingwolf

Stable is always good. :)

Thanks for the comments as I was beginning to wonder. :)

Guest blazingwolf
Or, it is well built and not many problems with it!!!!

That's always good to hear. :) You just begin to wonder when it has been downloaded over 400 times and not many comments on it.

Guest blazingwolf
Ditto. BW, your roms rock. I like the Night v1.4 so much that I can't get myself to try the latest blue wm7 rom. I just dig the black sleek look. I am getting the itch to flash again though. It has been a few weeks which feels like an eternity. On a side note, I saw you post in another thread, BW, and you said you liked the look of a new black theme for wm7 that someone created. I think you said something like "it might make me like black again". I really hope so, cuz I would love to see a black theme for this new rom! If not, that's cool, I will have to try this rom soon enough, regardless.

It's an extremely nice theme. Have to wait for jeffrey2000 to post it though. :)

Guest blazingwolf
I know this has been discussed several times before and in various places. I just wanted to ask if everyone else has to use the tip of their finger (partially your fingernail) to click on everything. That works well for me, but it sure would be nice if you could just click with your finger (not fingernail).

I guess my question is has anyone had any luck changing settings in the registry? I tried the suggestion a few posts back, but it didn't seem to help me. I also read another post that someone replaced their screen and/or digitzier. Has anyone tried this, and will I see a significant improvement?

Like I said, I have gotten used to using my fingernail for the most part, but I hate when I give my phone to someone else to use (wife for example), and she can't seem to click right.

I use my finger for pretty much everything now. Wasn't able to before.

I know some have posted comments about changing their digitizer but I don't read many bad things about the i910 digitizer. If yu end up changing it you will have to let me know if it works better for you.

Guest blazingwolf
Hello, I'm having an odd problem where the keyboard will not work randomly and I'll have to soft reset to get it back. The keyboard will pop up and it seems like I can press it, but no characters appear when I hit letters or whatever and the device acts like I haven't typed anything. I'm not sure what's going on I was using the BW 1.4 rom and never had this issue. I installed touch response, is there maybe some weird setting I have missed? Any advice would help.

P.S. Thanks for all your work BW!

Hmm. Stock Samsung keyboard? Added any 3rd party stuff?

Guest shinta4e

i take it you didnt like my theme bw thats ok though im workin on a new one i have a request/suggestion :) can you add the htc menu/notification setup i know that fancarl has been working on it and i even saw a cab in the sector section of roms i think it would be a great addition to this series of roms as the default selection color happens to be blue i think it would definately help with more finger friendly upgrades

BW,

Appreciate all your hard work and been diggin your Night 1.4 MS ROM. Personally I've been hoping for a new MS ROM but that doesn't appear to be on agenda at this time. In leiu of that I'm trying to hold out for your 1.1 "blue" release.