tg01 rom development

Guest hamido123

Guest hamido123

i was aking me if there are any developers who are tryin' to coock a rom......

tg01 is out since two month and there are still no coocked roms avaible

in my opinion the tg01 is the most powerfull wm phone ever and it would be better with custom roms!!!

Edited by hamido123

• 5 weeks later...
Guest hamido123

now the official roms were released!!! that means we have the software to flash a tg01....are there any developers who try to make coocked roms for the tg01 and flash them.....is this possible??

or do we have to live with the official releases

now the official roms were released!!! that means we have the software to flash a tg01....are there any developers who try to make coocked roms for the tg01 and flash them.....is this possible??

or do we have to live with the official releases

Well, i've never developed a ROM for a WM Device but I can say that the flashing utility seems like an EXE that flashes the .tsw file inside prg folder into the mobile. Seems that we should only work into make one custom rom into this tsw file will be enought. I've been testing how to unzip the tsw file to see whats inside.

Guest hamido123

you aare right but the only problem is to get to know how to creat such a .tsw file

and maybe there are some security hacks in that tsw file.....

is there someone who can interpret what the exe file is doing with the tsw file??

maybe then we could understand the processes

Guest rooney101

IF YOU TRY TO BLOW REALLY HARD WITH YOUR MOUTH INTO THE MICROPHONE OF THE TG01 - JUST UNDER THE HOME BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THERE IS A LITTLE RECTANGULAR HOLE.

THIS SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS LISTED

BLOW CONSISTENTLY AND REPEATEDLY BETWEEN 5-10 TIMES TO CLEAN IT OUT PROPERLY.

NO MORE ISSUES

IF YOU TRY TO BLOW REALLY HARD WITH YOUR MOUTH INTO THE MICROPHONE OF THE TG01 - JUST UNDER THE HOME BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THERE IS A LITTLE RECTANGULAR HOLE.

THIS SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS LISTED

BLOW CONSISTENTLY AND REPEATEDLY BETWEEN 5-10 TIMES TO CLEAN IT OUT PROPERLY.

NO MORE ISSUES

why the hell have you posted random crap in 5 different threads?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest The Real Mc Coy

The only thing we know for sure is that the rom is crypted with strong algorythm and, even if it should be possible to uncrypt it, no one for now as succeeded...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest schtruck

I succeed one thing... i took the Italian ROM which is WM 6.5.1.... then i copied pasted one big block , i found they start at same position in french one and Italian one, it was about 150Mbytes, then i flashed my TG01 with it, it started with French Boot rom, and then printed Italian message in the first screen which wait you to TAP the screen.... but after TG01 lock, i think i haven't copied enought data, because there's 2 or 3 others blocks in rom i haven't copied... Yes my TG01 is bricked now.... but what this mean, this simply mean that the check is just in the first bytes.... and then it's possible to flash another ROM by knowing blocks position....

I did that in about 5 minutes, taking a bit more time will surely make everything possible....

Edited by schtruck

hd2 is out!

can we flash the hard spl of it for coocked roms??

i´m asking beacause it has mostly the same hardware

Even if you could, why would you? The HD2 doesn't have the same hardware, exactly; the motion sensor won't work and the HD2 has no USB host so all of that functionality is missing (drivers, registry entries, etc.). I have both and they are actually quite different in many ways although they have one chipset in common. (I suspect the touch screen drivers are completely different as well).

Guest The Real Mc Coy
(I suspect the touch screen drivers are completely different as well).

You are most probably right as it is multitouch where TG01's is not.

Edited by The Real Mc Coy

• 1 month later...
Guest brogdan

bricked tg01.

i flashed my phone with these files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...856#post5166856

it said sd download completed succesfuly, the device restarted, i saw the toshiba logo, then the orange logo and that's it. stuck on Orange screen.

i tried master reset with phone off, volume up and camera button and power pressed. i reset it and still the orange logo.

please help me!

Guest leeston2379
bricked tg01.

i flashed my phone with these files. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...856#post5166856

it said sd download completed succesfuly, the device restarted, i saw the toshiba logo, then the orange logo and that's it. stuck on Orange screen.

i tried master reset with phone off, volume up and camera button and power pressed. i reset it and still the orange logo.

please help me!

I am no expert but i believe that is the end of your TG01. The update software runs from windows, so unless windows will boot there is no way of reflashing the device.

I hope your still covered by warranty, as that my be the only route to a working TG01.

One question though, why would you use the files from XDA? There is an official update available from Toshiba. However i have used both and both worked, looks like just bad luck. Sorry i can't be more help, or give you better news.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Hackedd
bricked tg01.

please help me!

As a final solution check This maybe its working.

"1. Format SD card (FAT32)

2. Copy SDDL+.exe(not sure if it's needed)

3. Copy whole PRG folder with desired .tsw update (i think best will be the one dedicated to your language version

4. under sim card slot you'll find black plastic sticker (little bit hard to remove)

5. after removal of plastic sticker there are 3 pins

6. put battery back turn phone on

7. shorten 1 and 3 pin with cable and push reset button (screenshot= http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9964/img0023lp.jpg

8. white screen should come up and bootloader will load rom from your SD

9. Voila! Your TG01 is alive"

Let me know if it is worked.

• 1 month later...
Guest serialkillazzs

3. Copy whole PRG folder with desired .tsw update (i think best will be the one dedicated to your language version

4. under sim card slot you'll find black plastic sticker (little bit hard to remove)

7. shorten 1 and 3 pin with cable and push reset button (screenshot= http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/9964/img0023lp.jpg

pictures of method would be nice, ie shortening pins

• 2 weeks later...
Guest amana2k03

When it is in the bootloader, can't we just flash to a different rom, say from the Diamond 2 or something? or am i just dreaming? lol

Guest *LeiTo*
When it is in the bootloader, can't we just flash to a different rom, say from the Diamond 2 or something? or am i just dreaming? lol

you are just dreaming lol :)