Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest TheDrizzle
Is that from the random post I posted a few days ago?

If you're referring to the HTC album, it's the one that was cooked in. I didn't install anything from CAB for that. I'm trying to get the version number from it, but I'm having difficulty finding it. It has a different icon then the one in the original MegAmnia build.

Guest dmcnado
I haven't been able to activate the samsung dialer in wozzer's recent roms. I think he took it out. I ended up cooking my own rom w/ the sammy dialer & keyboard left in. I go back and forth. Sometimes I use wozzer's (or some other cook's) & sometimes I flash something new of my own. Kinda fun now that I'm more adept at cooking.

Is there a way to .cab it or something? Kinda prefer the larger buttons...

I've tried to install the sammy dialer & keyboard via cabs on Wozzer's roms and have been unsuccessful. For some unknown reason they don't show up for me even w/ reg edits. Unfortunately, the only way I've been able to have the sammy dialer & keyboard was to leave it cooked in.

Guest WoZZeR999

I'm working on a v2 of the kitchen, and it's somewhat visual. For now it just allows choosing SYS version, Compression method, Lang, Pagepool size and device (this should work with both i910 and i900, I'll have to work on how to sort drivers).

Guest eclsnowman

Is video mode working along with EZInput on 23081. I know it looks like Waremike's Base version has it working. I was just wondering how you guys got XT9 and Video mode working together now.

Guest snrsuave
Video mode was a problem on my end, not xt9. camera button gets borked by xt9 from ezinput. Disable xt9 and camera works

Are you talking about video recording not working and getting the message "Camera application terminates due to the absence of camera module"? Every ROM I have tried recently, even an older one (Storm's 21869 rom) gets this same error. How do you disable xt9?

Guest eclsnowman
Are you talking about video recording not working and getting the message "Camera application terminates due to the absence of camera module"? Every ROM I have tried recently, even an older one (Storm's 21869 rom) gets this same error. How do you disable xt9?

That is the very reason I had to start cooking my own recently. I can understand the appeal of EZInput, but I am not sure why everyone has gone to it in thier roms since it breaks video recording. I hate XT9 anyway. Finger keyboard has slightly bigger keys and has always been the fastest typing keyboard available.

Guest ilikenwf

Well, I like this better than lots. You've pretty much removed everything but stuff that isn't cab-able.

Question: are marketplace, msn money, and msn weather really necessary? Could you remove those? Furthermore, could you replace the shutdown animation and sound with the samsung ones?

I'd use your kitchen and learn to do it all myself, but I can't find a decent tutorial that uses your kitchen to start with.

Edited by ilikenwf

Guest WoZZeR999

Ezinput does not break video recording... It only re-maps the buttons needed for the camera functions. D-Pad still works fine. I'm not sure if people are aware, but you can actually install a seperate keyboard, and use that, and it should fix the camera buttons. Again, none of this has anything to do with video recording. That works fine, I was just missing a needed DLL.

For those with camera module errors, try a hard format (settings, system, hard reset), not a 'hold send and end at boot' reset. I'm not sure where your problems are coming from, I have not seen that error on my device before.

Guest WoZZeR999
Well, I like this better than lots. You've pretty much removed everything but stuff that isn't cab-able.

Question: are marketplace, msn money, and msn weather really necessary? Could you remove those? Furthermore, could you replace the shutdown animation and sound with the samsung ones?

I'd use your kitchen and learn to do it all myself, but I can't find a decent tutorial that uses your kitchen to start with.

I could remove anything I want, but I left the widget engine in this one because I wanted to see if anything had changed. I also keep marketplace in because it's actually useful. You can remove the link to those in the start menu if you want. You can also replace the animations if you would like too.

There is no tutorial built for my kitchen, but the principles of cooking are the same no matter what kitchen you are using. I even provide the XIP and SYS to just be extracted (with file locations), so all you need to do is edit the OEM directory and create EXT's.

Since no one seems to be able to use google, here are things to get you started

Use this for OEMApps: http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...ook-custom-rom/

EXT's are extremly simple to setup, I'll include a EXT sample in my V2 of the kitchen.

Also, on my SYS releases, you can and should delete stuff you don't need from the SYS folder. I include everything given in the release so that you can pick and choose what you want to use.

Guest link286xt

Hey WoZZeR999

First off love the Ultralight Rom, its been the only one i've been using,

Camera capture button: it went from the dual stage button at the top to the black one in the middle of the "Send" and "End call" buttons, any links or how to's to change this?

Speed dials: for some reason when i go to edit the voice mail number to add my password, i takes me to the phone config/services screen.

Thanks again for what you do, its for sure made the Omnia a better gadget. =)

Guest TheDrizzle
Hey WoZZeR999

First off love the Ultralight Rom, its been the only one i've been using,

Camera capture button: it went from the dual stage button at the top to the black one in the middle of the "Send" and "End call" buttons, any links or how to's to change this?

Speed dials: for some reason when i go to edit the voice mail number to add my password, i takes me to the phone config/services screen.

Thanks again for what you do, its for sure made the Omnia a better gadget. =)

The HTC keyboard used in these ROMs conflicts with the Samsung camera. Try installing another keyboard from a cab (Samsung, TouchPal, FingerKeyboard) and I think as long as it is your active SIP the camera will work fine. There is also a reg hack (search this thread) to disable the xt9 on the HTC keyboard that may fix the camera buttons too, but I haven't gotten it working.

For cooking, is the Opera 9.5 that is in the current CF03 OEM folder the best one to use? (if you want to keep using v9.5) Or should we delete that one and replace it with a newer version?

And of course, the next question is: If a newer version, which one, and does anyone have (or know where) an OEM of this?

Thx.

/Chimp

Guest eclsnowman

I am sorry if I came across as rude. I didn't mean to knock anyones hard work. God knows I am having a heck of a time trying to cook. I have made lots of non-booters and I suck at making OEMS.

I just thought EZInput was causing me problems on previous roms. So if I install finger keyboard and use DefaultIM to make it the input method before I go into the camera it should not be able to crash the camera module?

Guest tampaboy1984

Hey Wozzer I am having same issue as SoulSniper, when I press Start it launches the Notifications App, also the X button while in notifications doesn't really work it just downsizes Notifications and when you click on something Notifications comes back up

Guest WoZZeR999

I know about the notification issue.

As for the "cannot find camera modules", I have no idea about that error. The only one I know about is the camera button not taking the picture/zoom not working.

Guest dmcnado
I am sorry if I came across as rude. I didn't mean to knock anyones hard work. God knows I am having a heck of a time trying to cook. I have made lots of non-booters and I suck at making OEMS.

I just thought EZInput was causing me problems on previous roms. So if I install finger keyboard and use DefaultIM to make it the input method before I go into the camera it should not be able to crash the camera module?

If you disable XT9 the camera should work on these roms (w/ EZInput). Alternatively, I have the fingerkeyboard OEM if you want it.