Ultralite 23088/23506, MegAmnia 21872 and Kitchen(28008/23511/23091/21874).

Guest WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

Hello everybody, sorry for kind of just disappearing. I had a lot going on in life, and something at that point had to take a the back burner spot.

I will be providing limited support. This is provided as is. If someone would like to use the kitchen and adapt it more, or create a tut for it, then that would be great. Kitchen and rom will be updated as new SYS's come out. I will be releasing 'packages' for the kitchen that will add new SYS's.

Well, in my small amount of free time, I managed to put together a new kitchen based on platform rebuilder, and I have a new UltraLite rom out (Total Storage is at 174 right now, probably more when I figure a few more things out).

Removed -

All samsung apps

Opera

Java

Bluetooth Watch compatibility

Office

One Note

IPVsec/Enterprise relations functions

Games

Extra Themes

Transcriber

VoIP

Welcome Screen

Various non-functioning programs

Programs that no longer work with WM6.5

Owner Information and input are hidden not removed (Info on how to get them back)

Added -

HTC Keyboard

XDA_UC - user customization, use the link to find out what it is

12mb pagepool

Additional file system cache

HTX Taskmanager

Titanium Apps - Weather, System, Settings, Launcher, Notifications

Another reminder: Limited support, if everything works, Great! If some things don't, then I may try to fix it if it seems like a big problem.

Also, any post about cabbing ezinput will be ignored. It has been covered many time in the thread.

23088 - Here

23506 - Here - Fixed

21872 - MegAmnia (2.0.1919 - weather) build (No titanium, only M2D, notifacation remved): Updated...

21857 - Created using LZX Compressions: Here

More later maybe. Kitchen in post 2

post-472759-1252985269_thumb.jpg

post-472759-1252985277_thumb.jpg

post-472759-1252985283_thumb.jpg

post-472759-1252985290_thumb.jpg

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

The new Kitchen I created uses Platform Rebuilder as a base. There are some Pro's and cons to this. It gives read-outs about slot0 usage, reduces the modules size by removing uldr information, allows the use for XIP creation. It does seem a little more fragile than the old BuildOS method though.

At the bottom of the post is the Base kitchen, and each of the SYS packages (already recmodded for more slot0 free space. Extract the file with path to the base kitchen. You will need your own OEM (just place it in the OEM folder), and you can also use EXT pages now (place them in EXT/Applications/).

Again, this is a release for you guys to figure out what it can do, and how it works. I have included support for LZX compression. The 23047 package is my current SYS. Future SYS's will be released in their full package with everything included.

Just a reminder: Limited support, I will answer where I see fit, and will be updating this post as needed. Play with the kitchen, learn how it works, and what it can do.

My kitchen supports multiple SYS/XIP's, in the format of SYS/Version and ROM/XIP/Version. Now you can use 1 set of OEM's with many different sets of SYS/XIP's.

View BuildLog.txt for the PRB (platformrebuilder) build info. Here you can see if slot0 is empty of modules (xda for more info), and if you had any overwriting files.

New version of the base kitchen. 1.02. Leave WozXipFix in the oemdirectory.

Base Kitchen - v1.02 - Does not include a SYS/MSXIP, it does include OEMXip

WMD Com:

28002 SYS/XIP

28004 SYS/XIP

28005 SYS/XIP

28008 SYS/XIP - Newest Dev Branch

Com 3:

23049 SYS/XIP

23052 SYS/XIP

23053 SYS/XIP

23060 SYS/XIP

23064 SYS/XIP

23069 SYS/XIP

23071 SYS/XIP

23075 SYS/XIP

23081 SYS/XIP

23085 SYS/XIP

23088 SYS/XIP

23091 SYS/XIP - Latest Com3

Com 5:

23504 SYS/XIP - I forgot to patch shell32.exe, please use this shell32.exe

23506 SYS/XIP

23509 SYS/XIP

23511 SYS/XIP - Latest Com5

Com 4:

23409 SYS/XIP - Older, but just incase anyone wanted it

23412 SYS/XIP - Older, but has the start of some M$ Program UI Changes (contacts being the biggest

23414 SYS/XIP - I forgot to include Phone and Phone Redist, please use from another current sys (23412 or 2305X)

23420 SYS/XIP - Older, but just in case anyone wanted to play around with it

Com 2:

21857 SYS/XIP

21869 SYS/XIP

21872 SYS/XIP

21874 SYS/XIP - Latest shipped 'WM 6.5'. Has GUI similar to WM6.1

OEMXIP for i900 - Replace this folder 'Omnia' with the one in /rom

For those who want it - Stock Verizon OEM

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999
Welcome Back!

Thanks, Might be short lived as I'm looking into getting a TP2, but my brother would be getting my phone. I would probably end up updating the kitchen while he has the phone. I might do the rom too, but I couldn't really test it.

Guest Rob Storm

Holy @#!% WoZZeR! Great to see you back!!!!!

EDIT: Downloaded the Flashromprb.bin file but UMDL says "Select a correct PDA file"

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest WoZZeR999
Holy @#!% WoZZeR! Great to see you back!!!!!

EDIT: Downloaded the Flashromprb.bin file but UMDL says "Select a correct PDA file"

You didn't try to extract it or anything did you? It's the straight .bin file. I just re-downloaded it to check and it worked fine for me. When is it giving this error?

Guest eclsnowman

This is exciting news. I would love to see a new rom from you... I joined the scene after you had already left so I have never tried your roms, but I know some people on the forums still use them so they can obviously still stand the test of time. Looking forward to your roms if you have time to turn them out.

Guest WoZZeR999

hehe, thanks.

I'm going to user customization roms, instead of making lots of different roms. M2D can be installed with a CAB from Stzupy's site. I may even see if Chome/Titanium can be cabbed and include nothing at all. You do need a storage card for XDA_UC to work, but any size would work. Just create a XDA_UC folder on the card, and put your cabs/reg tweaks in there, and you can just use my rom as a base.

Edit: how do those 'not's slip in there...

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest WoZZeR999

Yeah, that was the old BuildOS kitchen that I adapted from the i900 kitchen. This is a new kitchen built on a newer rom building tool. Rumor is, Bepe will actually be coming out with a completely new kitchen and an updated builder that is supposed to work with 'non-htc' phones better. This is the best we have until then.

I decided not to adapt ervius kitchen because it seemed to over complicate itself in areas that should be simple. I will probably be updating this kitchen, as it's a nice base for any device.

good work bro...

just when i taking a break, u know i gonna have to play in here :)

if i knew more, i would of done something like this, but i dont know much really on that level.

Thanks WoZZeR

This is exciting news. I would love to see a new rom from you... I joined the scene after you had already left so I have never tried your roms, but I know some people on the forums still use them so they can obviously still stand the test of time. Looking forward to your roms if you have time to turn them out.

+1

really looking forward to your work.

Guest WoZZeR999

It really wasn't that hard. After a few hours of digging, it was a few simple things as to why I couldn't get PRB to work. The problem was, is the the few things were related in a non-direct way. I think overall PRB is a MUCH better kitchen, if not for just the XIP porting alone. You no longer have to port each XIP, just use the MSXIPKernel.

Any SYS you use, you'll want to run Attrib reset to make sure everything is -h-r-s-a (file speak for not hidden, not read only, not archive and not a system file).

Guest waremike32

Anyone know how to set up this kitchen? I've placed my OEM/SYS/ROM folders correctly (I think). I get flashromprb.bin not found and it is not included in the dl's. Do I need to create this from a dump somewhere? I tried renaming the flash.bin from my old kitchen, but no luck. Also no luck (so far, still looking) finding a basic tut on platform rebuilder. Let's get cookin'!!!!!

Guest Mastergreeny

Hey Woozer

ROM is running good. I have one question for you.

It looks like you have removed the Owner page from the Personal Folder. Is there a way to set the owner name with a registry edit or something? Right now I can not register any purchased programs.

Thanks

Guest WoZZeR999
Hey Woozer

ROM is running good. I have one question for you.

It looks like you have removed the Owner page from the Personal Folder. Is there a way to set the owner name with a registry edit or something? Right now I can not register any purchased programs.

Thanks

Yeah, it's just a redirect in the registry in the HKLM/controlpanel I believe. If you search around and you can find it.

waremike:

Download the base kitchen

download the SYS version (23047 in this example)

extract both of those to the same path.

Put your OEMs in the OEM folder.

You should now have;

SYS/23047

ROm/XIP/Omnia

Rom/XIP/23047/MSXIPKernel

OEM/

The cannot find is just because it's trying to delete the old one and it's not found. I will be making refinements to the kitchen over the next week or so, I just wanted to get something out there. That was my problem, is that there really wasn't that much out there in terms of information, so this was all trial and error for me to get working roms.

BTW, there has been a link in the first post for my rom this whole time.

Guest waremike32

Thanks Wozzer, I'm sure we all appreciate you releasing it. I hope this now becomes a team effort in developing this (and perhaps down the line a visual) kitchen for our Omnias.