xperia slide keyboard problem

Guest akiwan

any of u facing the same problem?the keyboard didn't work well and sometimes repeat the same character twice although i just press it once and sometime space bar doesn't response and M button L button seems dead u need to press it many time B4 the character appear?is it normal?@ do i need to send it for warranty..I just worried if the Sony Ericsson's worker laugh at me if i bring my phone to them..

what ur opinion?

Maybe there is something wrong with your phone's keyboard cable. If your phone is still in waranty, you'd better go to the service provider and the technicians there will be helpful.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I had, or have, the same problem. And exact the same keys. Spacebar, M and L are rubbish. But it appears that it took slightly off when time passed. Also I noticed that those problems began everytime I was chatting on Live Messenger.

When I didn't opened Live Messenger it appears to react normal for a while..

My problem now is that the 'FN' button is acting like a (**censored**)..

It either doesn't respond, and IF it responds, it goes to the tagged FN mode in an instand.. Skipping the normal for-one-button-use-only-FN mode..

Do you have this problem also? Or did you already did an software reset and got an approved keyboard?

I want to solve my problem too..

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

[uPDATE]

I brought my X1 to a reparation center (I work at a such a center, but I fix Samsung phones :) . The SE department is just down the hallway). and they fixed the issue by replacing the sheet with the actual buttons under the keyboard. They also replaced the back of exeterior with the known cracks (as a production error) on the back of the phone.

These two replacements are all within the warranty. So I guess you should just bring it to a service point.

As for me, cause I'm a co-worker over there. They also replaced the rest of the exterior. They gave me a new front side and a new display also! :(

So in fact I've got a brand new phone except for the mainboard and the battery cover! ;)

I hope yours will get fixed properly!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest masatoo

Hi,

Ive had the same problem too! non- responsive space bar and cracking cases... i took it to get it fixed and the keyboard has been fixed under warrantly but sony reckons the cracks are due to my use? which i was pretty annoyed about since ive never droped it.. :)

anyways just take it before your warranty expires!!