[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest SilverPony2001

People are saying that Rob Storms 28011 ROM has perfect email scrolling, yet he states that he has FTouch included in his ROM. I haven't tried Storms ROM, so I can't comment, but doesn't that go against what people are saying about FTouch messing up the email scrolling?

Thanks lioryte for your reply.

I followed step by step your explanation. My device is Omnia i900. Can I go further with the flashing procedure on i900?

I didn't figure out what it would mean CF03 but according with your checking it hasn't. My Omnia i900 is taken from Singapore. As far as I know the i910 is only delivered thru Verizon (VZ).

Thanks in advance

Like NilsE Said, this is a ROM for i910, you'll flash it to your i900 and you'll end up bricking it. Go to the i900 post to flash any ROM from there.

hhmm u suggested me using skyfire to read korean and it seems to work... but still can't type korean

i have a lot of files in korean in my omnia

so i would preffer a rom that can work in korean...

is there such thing ?? thanks for your previous reply

To make a ROM in korean I'll have to build it with korean lang files+English Lang. It's a timely procedure. That's all.

Now it's up to our Chef- I guess Lio COULD cook a dialer in instead of the WM default one OR cook FTouch and leave the dialer in...

Imho the poor email scrolling with ftouch is mildly annoying, but the dialing difficulty without it is almost impossible to live with. So I vote to keep ftouch in.

Lioryte, did bgill or bw do something different with the way they cooked in ftouch? I don't recall any problems with email scrolling in their roms with ftouch included.

-Ben

Imho the poor email scrolling with ftouch is mildly annoying, but the dialing difficulty without it is almost impossible to live with.

That is why I just flashed back to the FTouch version.

Imho the poor email scrolling with ftouch is mildly annoying, but the dialing difficulty without it is almost impossible to live with. So I vote to keep ftouch in.

Lioryte, did bgill or bw do something different with the way they cooked in ftouch? I don't recall any problems with email scrolling in their roms with ftouch included.

-Ben

Don't think so, I'll ask BW. Just different builds I guess. I don't really pay much attention to email scrolling since I use the scrollbar and DPad to navigate. I'll try to see what it is though now that I'm aware of such a problem it's annoying.

Edited by prhsni

Guest lioryte

After going back and forth between the ROM's I'll stick with the FTouch version. I don't know what is being done with other ROMs as to why the email scrolling is better but I'll take it over lockups any time.

After going back and forth between the ROM's I'll stick with the FTouch version. I don't know what is being done with other ROMs as to why the email scrolling is better but I'll take it over lockups any time.

I agree. I did switch back to the FTouch version and it is much more snappy. Also, the bad scrolling is only in my personal e-mail and my Outlook e-mail for OK.

Guest lioryte
I agree. I did switch back to the FTouch version and it is much more snappy. Also, the bad scrolling is only in my personal e-mail and my Outlook e-mail for OK.

Yes I only wish I'd find a way to rid of the Samsung one... Was trying other engines from other devices but nothing. This is annoying since FTouch takes up 2.5MB and it's a "band aid" not a real solution

Guest rubadub234
Yes I only wish I'd find a way to rid of the Samsung one... Was trying other engines from other devices but nothing. This is annoying since FTouch takes up 2.5MB and it's a "band aid" not a real solution

Lioryte

Sorry to create such a sh*tstorm. ;) I was swamped and didnt have a chance to check the thread earlier. It really is the strangest thing. Scrolling is great everywhere but in an opened email from my hotmail account(didnt try my gmail account). if i flash back and find the last build that worked well would that help? Let me know what i can do. It is your rom and if you dont want to pursue it, i understand, your time is your own.

Guest lioryte
Lioryte

Sorry to create such a sh*tstorm. ;) I was swamped and didnt have a chance to check the thread earlier. It really is the strangest thing. Scrolling is great everywhere but in an opened email from my hotmail account(didnt try my gmail account). if i flash back and find the last build that worked well would that help? Let me know what i can do. It is your rom and if you dont want to pursue it, i understand, your time is your own.

Don't be sorry thanks for bringing it to my attention I don't use the screen to scroll in emails so I was unaware of this and I would like to have my ROM 100% functional.

With that being said I don't do any changes to the scroll engine so it wouldn't matter which ROM was more functional. I'll try to fix it but if it's too time consuming It will stay as is. I have to say it's kind of a strange behavior.

Guest rubadub234
Don't be sorry thanks for bringing it to my attention I don't use the screen to scroll in emails so I was unaware of this and I would like to have my ROM 100% functional.

With that being said I don't do any changes to the scroll engine so it wouldn't matter which ROM was more functional. I'll try to fix it but if it's too time consuming It will stay as is. I have to say it's kind of a strange behavior.

it really is strange that its so localized. I think it was 28005 or 8 when it all started.

it really is strange that its so localized. I think it was 28005 or 8 when it all started.

I didn't try your 280005 ROM, but it does occur in 08 with both my Outlook at Comcast emails. After reading a bunch of posts I flashed to a 23511 ROM (Storm's) and that has smooth scrolling throughout and no lockups after over 12 hours. Don't know if that helps.

Thanks for pursuing the issue.

Guest jaycarl

Tried to install SRS WOW HD 1.5.1.0.

Once I install it and soft reset then try to run the program it says "There is no WOW HD driver control. The control panel will now exit".

I have installed this 3 different times using other roms and all 3 installations were successful.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Guest popsinger
Tried to install SRS WOW HD 1.5.1.0.

Once I install it and soft reset then try to run the program it says "There is no WOW HD driver control. The control panel will now exit".

I have installed this 3 different times using other roms and all 3 installations were successful.

Does anyone have any ideas?

i don't know which procedure you used to install but the one found in the forums here always gave me that same error (the one that used "AIO_Security_Off.cab") but the one i'm using now, has worked on every rom i flashed to. i have attached the files. anyway, here is my procedure: install "AllowCertificateInstall.cab", then "SdkCerts.cab", then run "SecurityOff.cpf" and then install SRS WOW HD 1.5.1.0, then soft reset. works everytime for me, hope it does the same for you.

1_AllowCertificateInstall.cab

2_SdkCerts.cab

3_SecurityOff.rar

Guest jaycarl
i don't know which procedure you used to install but the one found in the forums here always gave me that same error (the one that used "AIO_Security_Off.cab") but the one i'm using now, has worked on every rom i flashed to. i have attached the files. anyway, here is my procedure: install "AllowCertificateInstall.cab", then "SdkCerts.cab", then run "SecurityOff.cpf" and then install SRS WOW HD 1.5.1.0, then soft reset. works everytime for me, hope it does the same for you.

2_SdkCerts.cab

3_SecurityOff.rar

Thanks for the that but for some reason SecurityOff would not run. I was using 7-zip to run it but it was not installing or running.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks for the that but for some reason SecurityOff would not run. I was using 7-zip to run it but it was not installing or running.

Try just clicking on the cab file with File Explorer to run it.

Guest The Eleven

Great to see so much action in the kitchens again. Thanks cooks.

I've been reading the comments on email scrolling and agree there is a problem that appears localized to emails only. One thing I noticed is if you swipe down and then up in a quick continuous motion it seems to scroll correctly. If you take your finger off and then try and scroll again, it goes back to being fairly unresponsive. Do the up and down thing again and it works again. It's almost like scrolling is turned off until you turn it on with a quick up/down or down/up motion. Maybe I'm just crazy. Need coffee.

Edited by The Eleven

Guest jaycarl
Try just clicking on the cab file with File Explorer to run it.

Tried that first. Said something to the effect there was no program to open.

Really would like to get SRS WOW HD working.

Tried that first. Said something to the effect there was no program to open.

Really would like to get SRS WOW HD working.

Just a thought ;)

I always install WOW file to "device".

I'm SURE your doing that ???

;) ;)

Edited by kdkinc

2_SdkCerts.cab

3_SecurityOff.rar

where does one get SRS WOW HD? cab?

thanks

Guest popsinger

the first two files are cabs, once you click each one of them (in order), they will automatically install to device memory and the third one "SecurityOff.rar" will have to be extracted first to ""SecurityOff.cpf" and then to run it (from file explorer), just click it then it will run for a second. it does not install. you will notice the "File Explorer" on the top right disappear and reappear. once it reappears, it's done running. you will also receive something on your sms inbox to inform you that "device settings changed" which is also one way to find out that the file executed. i always install to SRS WOW to my storage although i don't think it matters whether it installs to device or my storage. after installation and soft reset, SRS WOW appears under start/settings/system and that's where i configure it.

Edited by popsinger

Guest zanshin825

Anyone know if there's a way to change a titanium panel title? For instance, some of the titles are uppercase and some are lowercase, and I'd like to change Fave People to Contacts. Stuff like that. Any tips?

Thanks.