[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest event121

can't get rid of lioryte base logo with logo down cab.

?

EDIT: Nevermind. Changed theme. Had an ID-10-T error and didn't realize it was just the background.

Edited by event121

Internet isn't working on my phone after flashing to 28014. Flashed from 28008 and loaded a back-up onto the newer build. Think it's the ROM or the back-up?

I would be willing to bet it is the backup but just to be sure flash it again and see if the internet works before applying the backup.

Remember with each new version lots of things change like system files and if you overlay them you end up with a conflict of old and new stuff.

Guest lioryte
Internet isn't working on my phone after flashing to 28014. Flashed from 28008 and loaded a back-up onto the newer build. Think it's the ROM or the back-up?

I would be willing to bet it is the backup but just to be sure flash it again and see if the internet works before applying the backup.

Remember with each new version lots of things change like system files and if you overlay them you end up with a conflict of old and new stuff.

Right on.

So I'll post it again:

Why it's NOT a great idea to do a full system restore after flashing to a new ROM

Restoring programs are automated. When you backup the program just copies the entire root,scripts,exe,xml,reg. settings along with the apps. So it's a structured procedure. However, when you flash to a new ROM there will be changes to the CORE of WM. Some will be minor and some major. So if a change was made to the REG (there is always a change to the shell.reg with every update) when one is running a restore program it will overwrite the new ROM registry with the old one, causing issues. 28008 looks like 28014 but they have between them hundreds of changes- hence issues with applications not working.

So how do I backup? I don't feel like sitting down and applying all my settings manually?

Use Sashimi. Unlike the backup/restore applications it has a learning curve. Not that hard though. if all you need to do is install your .cab files than you can learn how to in about 10 min and have Sashimi auto install. It will install your favorite settings by installing your Fav. Reg. It will install whatever you decide for it to install and so very little danger of overwriting anything important.

Look it up it's well worth it and is free ;)

Guest sbpetro

28014 battery life is much improved over previous version I was using (28011). Everything seems to be running smoothly and very fast with this version. Great work again!

Guest lioryte

I have been playing with MS voice and tell me. (MS Voice v 1.6.28008). When I leave them out of the ROM and installing them as .cab files I have mixed results. When both are cooked in tell me works great I have been using it to text people all day. I will look into it a little more but if I keep getting mixed results when in .cab and better results when cooked in I will cook Voice and tell me in leaving the Base ROM with less free memory. If anyone has a different experience than please share.

@ sbpetro&NilsE thanks for the feedback

Guest SilverPony2001
I have been playing with MS voice and tell me. (MS Voice v 1.6.28008). When I leave them out of the ROM and installing them as .cab files I have mixed results. When both are cooked in tell me works great I have been using it to text people all day. I will look into it a little more but if I keep getting mixed results when in .cab and better results when cooked in I will cook Voice and tell me in leaving the Base ROM with less free memory. If anyone has a different experience than please share.

Can you just cook in voice, and let us choose to install tell me? I known when I was using Adryn 3.0 ROM, he had voice cooked in, and I was able to just install TellMe from a CAB and it worked great.

Guest SilverPony2001
I believe that a base/lite ROM should have only what is "un.cab-able".

So if cooking in Voice Command lets the TellMe CAB work fine, wouldn't this be the method you have been following?

Guest jaycarl

I'm all for cooking in Voice and tellme.

I cannot get tellme to work no matter what I do.

From what I have read, its an awesome app for no hands texting which is very important when driving.

Im sure Tellme is a MUST HAVE program so please cook it in so we can finally get it working.

Thanks Lioryte for your hard work.

I voted against cooking it in since I like the fact that the Lioryte ROM's are so clean.

Plus I would rather not have anything cooked in that is not stable.

If I wanted everything I use cooked in I would ask for it or use another ROM.

I currently CAB in with Sashimi - SmartLock, MemMaid, Opera, Showcase, Spb Screenshot, My Taskbar, My Theme, My Lockscreen, TotalCommander,, G-Alarm, Advanced Configuration, and Spb MS. Of those, if I wanted anything cooked in it would be Advanced Configuration and Showcase but this is not a request.

Guest Gruber47
I voted against cooking it in since I like the fact that the Lioryte ROM's are so clean.

I currently CAB in with Sashimi - SmartLock, MemMaid, Opera, Showcase, Spb Screenshot, My Taskbar, My Theme, My Lockscreen, TotalCommander,, G-Alarm, Advanced Configuration, and Spb MS. Of those, if I wanted anything cooked in it would be Advanced Configuration and Showcase but this is not a request.

I would have to toss my hat into the ring in favor of both being cooked in but if not possible, at least, voice command. I use VC to get spoken information/notification to my bluetooth regarding paticular activity happening. I am not yet familiar with or using TellMe but if there are things I can do handsfree, I am pretty sure I am going to want to use it. I like bells, whistles. feedback and flashy light thingies. Great ROM, Liotryte. Also, I recently installed a Resco app called Contact manager and the finger friendly information it puts on the Today screen is surprising. i should have been using it all along. Love it and it fits so well with Lioryte's Today screen. Lio, maybe you might consider cooking it in given the information it provides in one line, above and beyond just Contacts. Use Resco Updater to check it out. Great writeup. Only thing I see is 2 buttons for Contacts on the bottom task bar. Any one know how to modify what shows on the bottom task bar? Or can you? Thanks.

Edited by Gruber47

Guest br91655

Cook 'em in. I've had the exact experience that you've had.

Guest lioryte
post-525063-1260864795_thumb.jpg post-525063-1260864801_thumb.jpg

screenshots - from xda site

lioryte, i installed this on model t before and i don't see weather - is weather part of CHeroClock?

thanks

Yes weather is. Did it worked out for you? Lemmie know plz

Guest lioryte
Can you just cook in voice, and let us choose to install tell me? I known when I was using Adryn 3.0 ROM, he had voice cooked in, and I was able to just install TellMe from a CAB and it worked great.

I am leaning towards that solution. I really DON'T want to cook anything in...But look to the next reply by SilverPony2001

So if cooking in Voice Command lets the TellMe CAB work fine, wouldn't this be the method you have been following?

Yes. Although another method is to keep the ROM clean, but than again, if it ain't ".cabable" I'll cook it in.

I'm all for cooking in Voice and tellme.

I cannot get tellme to work no matter what I do.

From what I have read, its an awesome app for no hands texting which is very important when driving.

Im sure Tellme is a MUST HAVE program so please cook it in so we can finally get it working.

Thanks Lioryte for your hard work.

Yes it is fun to speak and "text" while driving. It's working very good so far so if I can't figure out a way to make it work just as well in a /cab form...I'll cook it in

It's very stable NilsE...Just not working as good when cooked in. Trust me I really, really don't like the idea of cooking both in...I like having a clean ROM ;)

I would have to toss my hat into the ring in favor of both being cooked in but if not possible, at least, voice command. I use VC to get spoken information/notification to my bluetooth regarding paticular activity happening. I am not yet familiar with or using TellMe but if there are things I can do handsfree, I am pretty sure I am going to want to use it. I like bells, whistles. feedback and flashy light thingies. Great ROM, Liotryte. Also, I recently installed a Resco app called Contact manager and the finger friendly information it puts on the Today screen is surprising. i should have been using it all along. Love it and it fits so well with Lioryte's Today screen. Lio, maybe you might consider cooking it in given the information it provides in one line, above and beyond just Contacts. Use Resco Updater to check it out. Great writeup. Only thing I see is 2 buttons for Contacts on the bottom task bar. Any one know how to modify what shows on the bottom task bar? Or can you? Thanks.

Sorry I'm not familiar with Resco. But thank you

Guest lioryte

OK Folks

I wanna say thanx to all who voiced their opinion and thanx for those who took the time to do the poll.

I am going on vacation and will be back Sunday. If all goes as planned I'll be a little too intoxicated to even remember my password so I don't see any updates happening until Sunday/Monday.

As for the cooking of Voice+Tellme. '

I would like to do an experiment. The MS Voice version that I cooked in is the one that comes with the build, 1.6.28008. It's way better than the older ones for mainly 2 reasons: 1- It's finger friendly 2- If you have BT on, all you need to do (After a SR) is to press the BT earpiece to enable it, a feature that isn't working in earlier MS Voice versions. I also don't have the .cab file to post.

Could someone be so kind as to post a working MS Voice 1.6.2008 .cab file so that people can test how TellMe works with the newer version and post their findings?( Edit: Install both to device memory. TellMe is in post#2) I'll try it out on Monday and than see if I need to cook it in or not. After using TellMe in the last few days I do think it's a very good application to those who drive a lot.

Later, have a great W/E

Edited by lioryte

Guest jaycarl

I noticed Storm has tellme cooked in his rom but I REALLY want to stay with your rom since its so stable and I'm already use to it.

What ever you can do to get tellme working for us on your rom cooked in or not I'm all for it.

I do drive alot so until this is worked out on your rom I guess I will give Storms rom a try since I'm really eager to finally get it working and see for myself if its worth the hype.

Guest jlc0005
2- If you have BT on, all you need to do (After a SR) is to press the BT earpiece to enable it, a feature that isn't working in earlier MS Voice versions. I also don't have the .cab file to post.

I have been using MSVC1.6.20771.CAB from your 2nd post for many weeks... and while the bluetooth earpiece long push doesn't activate MSVC all the time on the first long press... it usually works fine on the third long press.

Edit: However, if a newer version works better, I'm all for it. ;)

Edited by jlc0005

Guest mcgratey

I just flashed to 28014 and tried installing another keyboard. When I go to settings/personal/input to choose my new keyboard, it's listed there, but will not save my changes. It keeps reverting back to XT9 Keyboard. Is there something else I have to do? A registry edit somewhere? Any help appreciated

I just flashed to 28014 and tried installing another keyboard. When I go to settings/personal/input to choose my new keyboard, it's listed there, but will not save my changes. It keeps reverting back to XT9 Keyboard. Is there something else I have to do? A registry edit somewhere? Any help appreciated

Go to the today screen and click on the win logo then scroll down to IMSelector and select it there. That is designed to set it as default.

Guest mcgratey
Go to the today screen and click on the win logo then scroll down to IMSelector and select it there. That is designed to set it as default.

That did it thanks. I feel dumb now. Should have thought of that.

Guest mcgratey

Is there any way on the home screen to show my next appointment no matter how far away it is? Looks like it will only show the appointment if it's within 24 hours of the current time. I use S2U2 and I can tell that to look ahead x number of days for appointments, it'd be nice if I could get the home screen to match. Suggestions?