[Project Ended] Lioryte Base DC22/DF14 28240 mortscript 4.3β Free:~170MB 16MB PagePool

Guest lioryte

Guest lioryte
Lioryte, what seems to be your place of choice to find Android roms? Where do you think that you may be cooking? :)

Just around, no place yet. Unfortunately, cooking will be a while- I have a LOT to learn, but I'm a quick lern and got some cool amigos who are very knowledgeable . However, after root one can delete everything one desires... Root is a very simple process so far. I hate to say it but what a difference, the ease of use is amazing- without taking anything away from the i910. Still getting used to the system everything is different It beats the ol' Omnia in SO many aspects, but I can't tell if it's WM/ Android or just the fact that this phone has much more power and better hardware. I won't know ever since the next WM phone I'll get will be a WP7 (if ever). I am, however, really impressed with android at the moment.

Guest peperonikiller
Just around, no place yet. Unfortunately, cooking will be a while- I have a LOT to learn, but I'm a quick lern and got some cool amigos who are very knowledgeable . However, after root one can delete everything one desires... Root is a very simple process so far. I hate to say it but what a difference, the ease of use is amazing- without taking anything away from the i910. Still getting used to the system everything is different It beats the ol' Omnia in SO many aspects, but I can't tell if it's WM/ Android or just the fact that this phone has much more power and better hardware. I won't know ever since the next WM phone I'll get will be a WP7 (if ever). I am, however, really impressed with android at the moment.

I've had my Evo for a few weeks now, have it rooted and running a custom rom/ custom kernel. With the custom kernel I've been able to get quite a bit more battery life out of it. And I just got my replacement screen in for my Omnia which is now up and running again lol. There is a steep learning curve with Android cooking.. and it's definitely a lot harder than WinMo. Good luck sir

Guest geekboy2005
Well, I'll wait and see :D

DINC is rooted, it is fffffast. Now I have to learn how to cook, and do it well, all ROMs have minor issues :D

Next steps:

1. Uploading my kitchen + tutorial

2. Doing a naked, non phone multi-media only ROM (For my kids to play with :P). Maybe sometimes by the end of this month...

Later, g2g play with the DINC

Ahh things will be interesting to have you on board with the Incredible, cant wait to see what way you go with it have been rooted and custom rom flashing loved they omnia roms you did

Guest lioryte
I've had my Evo for a few weeks now, have it rooted and running a custom rom/ custom kernel. With the custom kernel I've been able to get quite a bit more battery life out of it. And I just got my replacement screen in for my Omnia which is now up and running again lol. There is a steep learning curve with Android cooking.. and it's definitely a lot harder than WinMo. Good luck sir

Thanks. Did you use Adryn's kernel? I didn't update the kernel yet, but once rooted you could uninstall everything so...

Once ppl will have some time I'll b able to get more info on how to, but yes, It'll be a while Dinc will be a testing platform...

Ahh things will be interesting to have you on board with the Incredible, cant wait to see what way you go with it have been rooted and custom rom flashing loved they omnia roms you did

Thanks, can't wait to see what I'll do as well...

Guest ibrubeer
Hi All,

Is MMS working on the latest ROM? I seem to recall reading that it wasn't. If not can anyone tell me what the best working ROM is that has MMS? I may not be flashing this phone much (ever?0 again so I want to leave it with a solid ROM.

Thanks. tom

Well..."best" is very much a relative and personal term. I don't get that many MMS messages, but didn't like that I couldn't get ANY. I DID really like the SMS/MMS format in the newer roms though. It was colored and much easier to read than the older format. Too bad it wouldn't receive MMS. I looked back at all of the roms that I had personally flashed, and went back to the last one that I had used that was stable and I liked, and it was 23551. It seems to work without problems on top of DF14, even though it is a CF03 rom. It's not perfect, but it works. I'm just biding time until the paid apps that I depend on port over to android. Then I'll make the jump to an android phone. Hope they hurry!

Lioryte. Thanks for the Roms. Your efforts made my Omnia a better device.

I've jumped ship and picked up a Droid to get started on (like it!). Flashed the Omnia to the Working Stock ROM and have a buyer lined up. Hope to see your work elsewhere! Tom

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! got a hold of some old amigos as well :)

yo lioryte good to see you're still at it! i'm still using your rom build 28205.5 on CF03... ancient but rock solid... imho. well it's that time for me... looking at DInc, X or Fascinate... can't decide yet, i'll wait for froyo maybe end of month hopefully. also looking at android / droid forums... found adrynalyne at xda for fascinate. hope you'll start cooking some droid stuff soon. THANKS for all your hard work!

Guest lioryte
Hey lioryte, any update on the MMS issue? Running 28240 and it's working like a champ aside from the MMS problem.

Hey,

Sorry, but this project is done (see title) so no updates. I will release my kitchen and will end up making a non-phone multimedia ROM.

Hey,

Sorry, but this project is done (see title) so no updates. I will release my kitchen and will end up making a non-phone multimedia ROM.

Looking forward for your multimedia Rom, when time and schedule permits.

Thanks Lyorite.

Edited by iandy1

• 4 months later...
Hey,

just came by to visit... still have my omnia with your ver. 28205.3.3 on CF03. other than screen calibration still running great! THANKS again lioryte!