FPU Enabler

Guest nexusek

I have problem, when i put it in my device and open it, nothing happens and then icon does not respond... i hope you understand me , please HELP !

Guest bluhound
I have problem, when i put it in my device and open it, nothing happens and then icon does not respond... i hope you understand me , please HELP !

Are you using JD1 firmware? It does not matter if it is a stock or custom ROM. If yes, then it does not work. Not sure why.

Because of that, I have reverted back to JC2.

Guest phnikola

Hi all - can anybody confirm that FPU enable could speed-up some specific software - for example encryption ones.

For example I use several on-the-fly-encryption programes (FreeOTFE and Aiko SecuBox). Many thanks in advance!

Guest Mrcot

I'm using fpu with s3clock in enrico sense rom and it really make a great job to make sense interface very smooth.

Now that enrico is going to release a JD1/3 new sense rom i'm really worry about FPU failure

Can some guru develop a fix for FPU in JD series rom??

Guest Breit

I'm interested to see if FPU-Enabler does anything to improve the score in Browsermark. I'm not sure if Javascript uses floating point calculation at all, but if it does, we can upgrade the score a bit from the crappy and embarrassing 4k-ish on the O2. I can't test it though 'cause I'm on JD1 actually...

Guest dwallersv
I'm interested to see if FPU-Enabler does anything to improve the score in Browsermark. I'm not sure if Javascript uses floating point calculation at all, but if it does, we can upgrade the score a bit from the crappy and embarrassing 4k-ish on the O2. I can't test it though 'cause I'm on JD1 actually...

Cool site.

Ran it on Opera 10:

w/o FPUEnabler: 3881

w/ FPUEnabler: 3913

w/ overclock @960Mhz: 4819

Guest Breit
Cool site.

Ran it on Opera 10:

w/o FPUEnabler: 3881

w/ FPUEnabler: 3913

w/ overclock @960Mhz: 4819

On JD1 and Opera 10 Final with power cable connected, WIFI on and power settings on 'high' its 4118 (w/o FPU Enabler)... this is a real crappy score! According to the site, an iPhone 3GS scores at 26897 and a quick test with a Nokia N900 shows something mid-8k (btw: my desktop PC is ~800k with Opera 10.51, just for comparison). Seems like the Arm-11 core is a bit outdated these days... :huh:

Guest bluhound
What exactly happens on JD1 ? Nothing at all, FPU enabler does not even start ?

Yup. When I tap on it (repeatedly too!), nothing pops up. When I checked Task Manager, no traces of FPUEnabler.exe at all.

Tried it even with error reporting on.

Guest NuShrike

So working on this on my TMOUS HD2, I'm stuck on loading the driver where it pops a dialog when trying to enable the device in TaskManager saying:

"Device Load Error

The operation completed successfully."

I'm at loss because this driver in the same ABI form loaded up on the Acer M900 (which I no longer have) fine, so I can only guess that I need to sign it? Probably need to talk to ChainFire about this.

Meantime, I'm still investigating, but the FPU comes enabled in the stock TMOUS HD2 rom. I'm not sure if the kernel is context switching the registers, but with the Snapdragon being so fast, I haven't gotten multiple-threads to tangle each other yet with the old tests. More on this later.

Funny enough, I got permanently banned off howard forums by live_strong whom claims I made a racial slur by comparing the recent immigration bill in Arizona (USA) to be a facist as making Jews wear their stars of the time. Did I make a racial slur with those exact words? Moderator response thread.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest NuShrike
On JD1 and Opera 10 Final with power cable connected, WIFI on and power settings on 'high' its 4118 (w/o FPU Enabler)... this is a real crappy score! According to the site, an iPhone 3GS scores at 26897 and a quick test with a Nokia N900 shows something mid-8k (btw: my desktop PC is ~800k with Opera 10.51, just for comparison). Seems like the Arm-11 core is a bit outdated these days... :huh:
Hm. interesting link.

I've gotten:

158099 Firefox 3.6.3

535610 Chrome 5.0.375.17

414590 Opera 10.51

11616 Opera 10 in my HD2 (No FPU Enabling running yet, plugged into power)

Flash is pretty cpu-sucking.

Guest bluhound
So working on this on my TMOUS HD2, I'm stuck on loading the driver where it pops a dialog when trying to enable the device in TaskManager saying:

"Device Load Error

The operation completed successfully."

I'm at loss because this driver in the same ABI form loaded up on the Acer M900 (which I no longer have) fine, so I can only guess that I need to sign it? Probably need to talk to ChainFire about this.

Meantime, I'm still investigating, but the FPU comes enabled in the stock TMOUS HD2 rom. I'm not sure if the kernel is context switching the registers, but with the Snapdragon being so fast, I haven't gotten multiple-threads to tangle each other yet with the old tests. More on this later.

Funny enough, I got permanently banned off howard forums by live_strong whom claims I made a racial slur by comparing the recent immigration bill in Arizona (USA) to be a facist as making Jews wear their stars of the time. Did I make a racial slur with those exact words?

I tried signing it with Rapid81's 2010 SDK cert. Did not work either.

Doesn't seem so.

Guest NuShrike
I tried signing it with Rapid81's 2010 SDK cert. Did not work either.
Thanks for the response. Actually, the driver isn't publicly released yet so you're just signing the .exe, not the actual dll.

At least progress is being made on this project again after the fubar with Clove.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest bluhound
Thanks for the response. Actually, the driver isn't publicly released yet so you're just signing the .exe, not the actual dll.

At least progress is being made on this project again after the fubar with Clove.

Actually, there are 2 files which I have signed FPUEnabler.exe and FPUEnabler.dll but I think what you meant is the newer driver version which is still under development is it?

Anyway, I have found out that FPUEnabler no longer works with WM builds after 23551 (including other branches after 23551's build date). I accidentally found this out when I was trying out with several WM builds with JC2. Could Microsoft have done something with it?

Guest NuShrike
Actually, there are 2 files which I have signed FPUEnabler.exe and FPUEnabler.dll but I think what you meant is the newer driver version which is still under development is it?

Anyway, I have found out that FPUEnabler no longer works with WM builds after 23551 (including other branches after 23551's build date). I accidentally found this out when I was trying out with several WM builds with JC2. Could Microsoft have done something with it?

1. Yes.

2. MS may have tightened up security which may be related to CF's hacking of Marketplace security. I'm not having issues related this yet except I can't start up the driver (nor any dummy one) and get error codes back that explains what's wrong, so far ...

Guest KSPAMS

I use I8000NXXJD7 stock ROM. When I enable the FPUEnabler, I can't open the Samsung phonebook. It won't open for some reason... What I mean is: when I open the jInbox, create new SMS, tap the recipients field, tap the search icon, tap phonebook. then it just show the wait icon and gone, doing nothing. It happens also with I8000ITVJC2 rom...

But, when I restart, then didn't enable the FPUEnabler, the Samsung phonebook is OK...

Anyone know why?

Guest NuShrike
2. MS may have tightened up security which may be related to CF's hacking of Marketplace security. I'm not having issues related this yet except I can't start up the driver (nor any dummy one) and get error codes back that explains what's wrong, so far ...
Okay, so I didn't read ActivateDeviceEx() closely enough and the registry was not set quite right. Well, not stuck on this anymore.

Guest KSPAMS
Still works on my 23563 build. Samsung phonebook works fine as well.

I just HR my PDA, and install the FPUEnabler... The problem still persist...

But, when I open the Samsung PhBook via shortcut, it's OK. But the Samsung SMS program can't open it... >,<

Guest dwallersv
Okay, so I didn't read ActivateDeviceEx() closely enough and the registry was not set quite right. Well, not stuck on this anymore.

Traslation: New version we should download?

Guest NuShrike
Traslation: New version we should download?
Once I get it onto the Marketplace ...

Meantime, seems to work okay on the HD2 except for a kmode patching problem, but not much speed diff in GLBenchmark esp in FPU benchmark.