Showing Status Bar in Browser

Guest JadeMonkee

Guest JadeMonkee

Hi there,

I was looking for a way to show the status bar in the browser, so that I can see the time and network reception.

I did a Google search, and found this page

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3871

The page says that it is an issue only present in the HTC Hero roms, not the normal Android builds.

Does anyone know of a way to have the status bar shown in the browser?

I'm running the MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.3 Core

Thank you for all your help, and beyond that, thanks for the custom build!

Guest arkhonic
Hi there,

I was looking for a way to show the status bar in the browser, so that I can see the time and network reception.

I did a Google search, and found this page

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=3871

The page says that it is an issue only present in the HTC Hero roms, not the normal Android builds.

Does anyone know of a way to have the status bar shown in the browser?

I'm running the MoDaCo Custom ROM 2.3 Core

Thank you for all your help, and beyond that, thanks for the custom build!

That link refers to the "phone status bar" not sure if that is what you or the originator of the linked post are after (black bar at the top of the UI = phone status bar). As far as I know there isn't a web browser status bar as such for android browsers although I could be wrong.

Guest JadeMonkee
That link refers to the "phone status bar" not sure if that is what you or the originator of the linked post are after (black bar at the top of the UI = phone status bar). As far as I know there isn't a web browser status bar as such for android browsers although I could be wrong.

Yes, that's the bar I mean, and, I believe, the poster on the Google Code page means the same thing, too.

He says that it shows on other android phones, though. Is this not true?

Guest arkhonic
Yes, that's the bar I mean, and, I believe, the poster on the Google Code page means the same thing, too.

He says that it shows on other android phones, though. Is this not true?

No idea, I only have a Hero. It is most likely to do with the "Rosie" interface that HTC has used though. Have you tried other browsers ie Opera Mini and the like?

No Source code = no fix though for the standard browser unless someone wants to pull apart the config files.

Guest JadeMonkee

Disappointing. Thanks all for your information.

I guess we could hound @htc on their twitter account, or maybe send them emails asking for a change?

Otherwise, yes, it's time for a browser switch...