Archive: II9, IIB, IID, IJ9 | IG6, IH3

Guest sorg

Have you the correct kitchen tools? I can extract a bit of the rom with the IMGFS tools but I think the most is encrypted.

Please advice.

There are no encrypted parts in ROM.

It has two XPRS partitions fro ULDR and XIP parts, IMGFS for main OS part and TFAT32 for LANGPACKS parts.

1. You said language files are in the nb0 not CSC. Can we flash only nb0 file (without CSC) and what language will the ROM be?

Yes. You may flash only nb0/MST file. Language will switch to latest used or to English. Since i i didn't use any other than English languages, i'm not sure will it preserve last choise or will switch to English. Anyway, it's 100% safe to flash only nb0/MST part.

2. You said in previous thread that we can remove the TFAT32 part from the nb0. Do you mean just simply delete the ROM part after OS? Why can that nb0 be used to flash if there is no language files in?

I think, you misunderstood me. I've said that cookers can make nb0 without LANGPACK (TFAT32) part. It means cooked ROM already has some integrated language (single language ROM, like Samsung's Chinese WM6.5). If you will cut off TFAT32 part from samsung's original ROM then it won't boot (It won't brick. Just need to re-flash again)

Which CSC did you use from IJ1?

name of CSC is in the file name :)

how to recognise a CSC without any operator tweaks?

I've just disassembled CSC files and found one with less garbage included. Of course it has some country ID. But you can change it later by method i've described above.

Edited by sorg

This is my theory which needs to be proved by practice (i have no time for this):

if you flash MST format:

- flasher will copy it into hidden partition on 8GB storage into mli format.

- with first reboot, ULDR will get cubic37.mli and make IMGFS with selected language and will flash it into 512mb main ROM.

- all subsequent language changes will use this cubic37.mli to make new ROM with selected language.

if you flash nb0 format:

- flasher will copy it into main 512mb ROM.

- with first reboot ULDR will take nb0 from main ROM and will make IMGFS with selected language and then flash it back to main ROM. LANGPACKS will be erased.

- since cubic37.mli remains from latest MST, any attempt to change language will revert ROM back to version from cubic37.mli

I repeat, it's just theory. May be it's wrong.

Need to try to flash MST ROM, then NB0 ROM, change language to any other and check ROM version.

Guest private69

Hi,

After flashing with the I8000NXXII9 everything is ok except one small annoying issue:

After unlocking the phone, I have the "today windows default 6.5 screen" but the highlighted item is the image one. While it should be the time & clock. It happends all the time.

Anyone knows have to fix this issue ?

Regards,

Private

Guest gertitombo
There are no encrypted parts in ROM.

It has two XPRS partitions fro ULDR and XIP parts, IMGFS for main OS part and TFAT32 for LANGPACKS parts.

@Sorg,

Can you give details how you have extracted the rom from the nb0 file? and how to put it back to nb0?

Luckilly is not encrypted. I get only about 10 files out of the nb0 file and that's not enough.

When I can extract the rom and take most of Samsung tools out, then we should have a good rom. I was a member of the Scoter Rom team and we had many excellent roms for Mio A701.

Please advice so we can develop an excellent rom for everone.

Thanks.

GT

Please advice so we can develop an excellent rom for everone.

You can not disassemble even simple and known formats, but already sure that you will make excellent ROM?

hmm... sounds promising...

cubic37.mli doesn't include backup of phone part. So, i have no II9 version of phone.

But you can use IJ1 version of phone from ROM uploaded by secany. That's also official Samsung version.

If your phone part works ok, then i don't recommend to touch it. If new phone ROM will have block against downgrading and newer version will work worse than older, then you won't able to roll back.

So, think twice before updating phone part.

sorg,

I really need your advise urgently. I flashed my omnia2 with secany rom which went fine, w6.5 is working but the phone function is not. I get the connection sign with exclamation sign and no signal. I flashed back to 6.1 but still the same. I can flash to any rom and still not have the phone part working. Do you have any suggestions?

my phone is from singapore, do you know which rom is the original singapore rom so I can flash back to it?

Guest monyozt
sorg,

I really need your advise urgently. I flashed my omnia2 with secany rom which went fine, w6.5 is working but the phone function is not. I get the connection sign with exclamation sign and no signal. I flashed back to 6.1 but still the same. I can flash to any rom and still not have the phone part working. Do you have any suggestions?

my phone is from singapore, do you know which rom is the original singapore rom so I can flash back to it?

wew.. how can? which phone part u're using when flashing?

Guest monyozt

bugs i found so far

1. Xtra data can't be downloaded by Wifi

2. after thick "enable extra data" when you pres done/exit then go back to Xtra data, you'll get "disable extra data" even already enable before

Hi,

After flashing with the I8000NXXII9 everything is ok except one small annoying issue:

After unlocking the phone, I have the "today windows default 6.5 screen" but the highlighted item is the image one. While it should be the time & clock. It happends all the time.

Regards,

Private

same with me....

Guest monyozt

bugs i found so far

2. after thick "enable extra data" when you pres done/exit then go back to Xtra data, you'll get "disable extra data" even already enable before

Hi,

Regards,

Private

same with me....

bugs i found so far

same with me....

i've saw somewhere that xtra server is absent in registry. so device doesn't know where to download xtra.

Edited by sorg

sorg,

may be your phone part is locked to some operator and had special firmware. After phone upldating it could lock completely.

I suggest you to flash to any known singapore version of ROM nd go to service center for investigation this problem.

i've already told many time - beware of updating phone (and eboot) firmware!

What are you expecting from new firmware? 4G or may be 5G support? If it works then don't touch it!

Guest Khuanchai
Yes. You may flash only nb0/MST file. Language will switch to latest used or to English. Since i i didn't use any other than English languages, i'm not sure will it preserve last choise or will switch to English. Anyway, it's 100% safe to flash only nb0/MST part.

Thanks, sorg. That makes sense.

I think, you misunderstood me. I've said that cookers can make nb0 without LANGPACK (TFAT32) part. It means cooked ROM already has some integrated language (single language ROM, like Samsung's Chinese WM6.5). If you will cut off TFAT32 part from samsung's original ROM then it won't boot (It won't brick. Just need to re-flash again)

Oh, that's clear to me. So if we have a good kitchen, we have to put all the lang_0409 folders into SYS and OEM. Then we can make a ROM without LANGPACK. Hope we can get such kitchen from you soon. :)

Have you explored the LANGPACK yet? What is its structure? If I understand correctly from your information, it should contains files for several languages (0409, etc.) and the CSC will select one language files from here to assemble to the ROM.

may be your phone part is locked to some operator and had special firmware. After phone upldating it could lock completely.

I suggest you to flash to any known singapore version of ROM nd go to service center for investigation this problem.

What are you expecting from new firmware? 4G or may be 5G support? If it works then don't touch it!

Now I know that I don't have to update eboot & phone, but I need help bringing back the phone. We don't have service centers where I live, so either I fix it or ...

Can any body tell me of an official singapor rom that I can upload?

Guest tacchan23
Now I know that I don't have to update eboot & phone, but I need help bringing back the phone. We don't have service centers where I live, so either I fix it or ...

Not sure if you can find this ROM... but my phone from Singapore come with a Phone: I8000XXIG6

Guest Shadowy

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I don't now seem to be able to access winmo settings so that I can assign a button to rotation. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance.

Guest monyozt

all phones come from singapore is unlock bro. thats as far as i know(omnia 2, iphone 3G, iphone 3GS etc)

bro the latest rom from singapore service centers is H3, maybe u can try that

Guest wish master

Hi Sorg,

I'm having problem after flash your rom - failed of turn off screen backlight even choose for 10sec in battey mode and 1min in external mode. As a result battery drained very fast. :) Already uncheck time out in today item.

Any advice from anyone is highly appreciated.

Edited by wish master

Guest Shadowy

Thank you but I don't think that answers my question. I have changed the registry entry and now want to map a button. In 6.1 with touchwiz disabled, Start allows access to winmo settings. In 6.5 the new start menu is displayed with no access to winmo settings so I can't assign the button.

Guest tacchan23
Thank you but I don't think that answers my question. I have changed the registry entry and now want to map a button. In 6.1 with touchwiz disabled, Start allows access to winmo settings. In 6.5 the new start menu is displayed with no access to winmo settings so I can't assign the button.

Of course I meant to read this part, not about the rotate screen^^

Show Windows Setting in Start Menu

• Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ amd change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (credits to rodrigofd)
  • Also you can enable it using SKtools