21/Jan 1.5 - Superboot - rooting without a Custom ROM - NOT FOR ANDROID 2.1

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest SaladOA

Going on holiday soon, need some tethering.

Before I take the plunge, however, I'd like to know if it's possible to unroot my phone.

Also is it possible to remove carrier apps from the phone? I've never even used Roadsync, web'n'walk, Block Breaker 2 or servo search.

Nevermind, I went ahead and did it. SSSSOOOOOO worth any tradeoffs.

Edited by SaladOA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Tomas.S

I need help please!

I flashed the boot image, but my phone is U8220-6 (non-pulse branded) so, now it is frozen in the Huawei splashscreen.

I'm looking for the original boot.img, but I've searched a lot and there is nothing. I have a helathy U8220-6 (because I bought 2 of them). I've tried to extract the boot image using adb, but I couldn't because the phone is no rooted.

Does anyone have any idea? I don't want to have a brick just because I wanted to root it.

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...

bootloader mouds - emergency failure after superboot 1.1

hello,

update2:

- problem is cleaned...

i have boot recovery-mod (no flash) - only boot work

here is the correct command:

fastboot-windows.exe boot recovery-clockwork-2.5.0.4-pulse.img

thanks for the forum-help-topics....

update:

now, after several times -> bootloader modus works... :-)

now the phone boots and stock after android logo -> only black - nothing happens... (normal boot)

how i can flash a rom in fastboot-modus ?

thanks

----------------------------------

i need your help.

i have bought t-mobile pulse with 2.1 os in ebay (think uk version)

now i have used your superboot in bootlaoder modus (think v1.1)

i have read to late that is not use for v2.1

i have used the version listed here:

http://trumphurst.blogspot.com/2009/12/roo...bile-pulse.html

http://content.modaco.net/dropzone/1.1-pulse-superboot.zip -> this file

i have used the dll from the recoery 1.5.2 for start it...

now i have a big problem the bootlaoder modus can be started -> no blue screen

and the pulse is in a endless loop from t-moble logo - android -logo -> restart

plese help me how i can emergency boot ???

thanks

Edited by everal

• 2 months later...
Guest macc988

hello friends

I am of Venezuela and by this moment the ROM official is 2.1,

now my question is if exists a superboot 2,1 to be able to be super-user?

Edited by macc988

Guest AntonioPT
hello friends

A superboot for 2.1 doesn't exist. Follow the "Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide" to install FLB-MOD 1.7, you will get a custom rom with more speed and with root access (superuser).

• 2 weeks later...

I have very wrongfully tried to install superboot on my T-Mobile Pulse which I thought was running 1.5, but instead it was running android 2.1 I didn't know that my friend from whom I bought the phone had already moved it to the T-Mobile HU 2.1. Is there a way for me to bring back the phone, it now only shows the fastboot blue screen at the beginning. What should I do to install another ROM or go back at the T-Mobile HU android 2.1 update? I would be very grateful if you could help me

• 3 weeks later...
Guest AntonioPT
I have very wrongfully tried to install superboot on my T-Mobile Pulse which I thought was running 1.5, but instead it was running android 2.1 I didn't know that my friend from whom I bought the phone had already moved it to the T-Mobile HU 2.1. Is there a way for me to bring back the phone, it now only shows the fastboot blue screen at the beginning. What should I do to install another ROM or go back at the T-Mobile HU android 2.1 update? I would be very grateful if you could help me

Check the Ultimate Pulse Owner's Guide, it's a sticky. See "Returning to official 2.1 update".

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest chiguireitor
hello friends

(Replying in our native language :-)

Hola macc988, no instales el ROM del pulse, son teléfonos diferentes... pierdes 3G, GPS, Buzón de voz, etc....

Yo estoy tratando de rootear la 2.1 oficial para luego instalar la gingerbread de ser posible (ya lo rootee, pero luego de reiniciar se vuelve a bloquear).

EDIT: z4root funciona perfecto en el u8220-6 / z4root works like a charm on the u8220-6

Edited by chiguireitor

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jimmie32

For those who have killed their U8220-6 by using this without reading the notice (or not knowing you're on a U8220-6, like what I did with a friend's phone), your options are simple. If you have a nandroid backup, you're safe, reload it and you're safe to go. If you don't, I wasn't able to find a stock ROM for U8220-6 that works, so I had to install a custom ROM instead.

Paul and BigBearMDC's 2.1 ROM for Pulse works great after installing (took me five tries tho, because I was doing something stupid) and it will make your phone boot correctly again.

If you want to hop to 2.2 in the same process (like what I did instead after I found out 2.1 worked, and you get vanilla style), you can go ahead and install CM61-Pulse 0.4 and it'll work great also. Either way, if you haven't backed up via nandroid (you should, but you were not rooted, so you couldn't. right?) your only option is going for a custom ROM. I haven't found a stock one, as I said, but there might be one buried in the deep sections of the internet... but I haven't found it.

Either ROMs give you root (but I haven't tried with 2.1. There's an option, but running 'su' freezes the phone up), so you fix your phone, get root, and upgrade your software in the process. Triple win!

I'm new to this thing, but I thought I could be helpful to some and give some instructions for the new people like me who screwed up. But though, screwing up your phone wouldn't happen if you read the instructions properly. :P

If there are any problems with what I've explained above, everyone please feel free to correct me.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Guest nasir031

This is not necessary if you plan to use a custom ROM, it's only necessary if you want to root your stock ROM!

For my Pulse rooting solution I thought i'd do something a bit different - introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

How to use Superboot - Windows, Linux and OSX

- Download the Superboot zip file from below and extract to a directory

- Put your device in bootloader mode - turn if off, then tap the powerbutton while holding the 'Volume Down' and 'End (Red)' keys

- WINDOWS - double click 'install-superboot-windows.bat'

- MAC - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-mac.sh' followed by './install-superboot-mac.sh'

- LINUX - Open a terminal window to the directory containing the files, and type 'chmod +x install-superboot-linux.sh' followed by './install-superboot-linux.sh'

Download

Check if you have the 'December Update' - turn the device off, then turn if on with 'volume down' and 'end call' held. If the build date is Nov 26 2009 or newer, you have the December update applied.

Version for devices WITH the 'December Update' - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...mb0k87f9c51eqg9

Version for devices WITHOUT the 'December Update' - http://loadbalancing.modaco.com/download.p...65pv39jj2oz6b6e

That's it, job done! Enjoy! :(

P

Hi PaulOBrien, I'm getting the root access on my Huawei-U8220 by following the procedure that you listed here.

1). I ONed my phone in recovery mode

2). Attach it to the computer

3). then i run the "install-superboot-windows"(I'm on Windows-7)

4). The message "writing XXXXXX bytes okay"

that's is exactly what I meant/want to, but when I ON the phone again it's just showing the android splash screen, not proceeding any ware even i left it remain ON whole night............. but it was still there on splash at the morning like bad slug....

please help me this phone was gifted me by my friend and i don't want to waste my gift

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest mosesalvin

Pls I need help,I upgraded the 2.1 in my pulse.I want to install d custom recover image,but my pc will not connect to my pulse by installing the driver through usb,what is missing pls,I need help?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...