Bricked your Omnia 2?

Guest GeneNZ

I am one of those the are in this situation! When i was trying to flash the rom , i saw a message in octans 2.10 saying "Bootloader failed!Disconect!" After that , my phone's screen started to turn off until it turned off for ever! The start (on/off) button of the phone did not responed. So, my phone is now totally dead!I believe that i am the fisrt in this situation worldwide!!!

Bootloader is very dangerous in this phone!

I think that my phone must go to Samsung service center except anyone has some idea..

Same thing happened to me. Did you get your phone fixed? Was it a local phone and you went through Samsung? Just curious because my phone is an inport from Singapore and I live in Australia. I have local warranty but it isn't a manuafacturers warranty. Any ideas of cost?

Edit: I am yet to find out whether the company I ordered the phone through will allow a local warranty fix for an eboot problem during a flash but I called Samsung Australia and they say it will cost about AU$70 to fix and is done over the counter if they have the parts in stock. So that is the worst case scenario.

Edited by Pete B

Just thought I'd add that I flashed 3 times before this and updated the eboot last time with everything going fine. All updates were using the same laptop with no changes in setup so this can happen unexpectedly even if you are flashing correctly and in a stable environment.

So I took my phone down to Sydney Cellular (Australian phone repair place) to get it fixed as a warranty claim under the direction of the company I imported it through. All was OK until Sydney Cellular said they couldn't do the repair right now because they don't have the software and wouldn't commit to a time when they could. I then got an email explaining this to me from the company I bought it through but they say it was a power failure and will not be covered under warranty. But Sydney Cellular say nothing about a power failure and only say they can't do it right now and failed during a firmware update.

So where to from now? I called another company who originally said they could do it for $50 but I called back to clarify and they say because its an import they can't fix it? What the????? Anyone here that's got a bricked i8000 from the eboot failure and got it repaired? Surely someone can report back on whether there is a fix. I find it hard to believe that this error can make the phone unrepairable. Fair enough if it was a hardware failure.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest seff20

Hi Guys!

Still new here.

Well, I've got a problem with my Samsung Omnia II.

When I tried "UPDATING" it, with New PC Studio (NPS),

It was ALMOST done, it was at about 98% downloading update, when My phone suddenly powered down.

Then I tried to power it back on, it was Ok at first glance. But when I tried to navigate thru my files,

The touch just wont respond where I'm touching it. I tap the phonebook button (the one in the bottom right), but it clicks at the phone button (the one at the bottom left)

I just can't use it anymore!

then when I try to use emergency restore the phone thru NPS,

Emergency Restore can't or won't detect the GT-I8000.

I still haven't tried to update the phone though.

I wanna make sure that I repair it first.

I did backup my files btw.

I have to work later tonight, So I desperately need my phone.

I hope you can help me..

All help will be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Guest DunKnow
Hi Guys!

Still new here.

Well, I've got a problem with my Samsung Omnia II.

When I tried "UPDATING" it, with New PC Studio (NPS),

It was ALMOST done, it was at about 98% downloading update, when My phone suddenly powered down.

Then I tried to power it back on, it was Ok at first glance. But when I tried to navigate thru my files,

The touch just wont respond where I'm touching it. I tap the phonebook button (the one in the bottom right), but it clicks at the phone button (the one at the bottom left)

I just can't use it anymore!

then when I try to use emergency restore the phone thru NPS,

Emergency Restore can't or won't detect the GT-I8000.

I still haven't tried to update the phone though.

I wanna make sure that I repair it first.

I did backup my files btw.

I have to work later tonight, So I desperately need my phone.

I hope you can help me..

All help will be very very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

I am assuming you have Windows Mobile 6.5 in your phone already.

Do a hard reset first through the phone or through hardware combination and see if everything works again.

It seems like you are updating from Samsung, you could go look for your latest rom version in this forum and try again by flashing through Sorg's modified Octans program. Hope this helps :)

Edited by DunKnow

So has anyone got their i8000 fixed from a fully bricked situation? Anyone in Australia had there i8000 fixed? If so where did you send it?

It appears here in Australia that Samsung will not fix an imported phone even if its not under a warranty claim.

The company that the import company uses for repairs doesn't have the software to unbrick the i8000 yet. And Samsung Australia won't even touch it (not sure about the legality of them refusing). So my only option I know of is wait until the company gets the software or find another place that can fix it and pay them but I have yet to have any luck.

• 2 weeks later...
So has anyone got their i8000 fixed from a fully bricked situation? Anyone in Australia had there i8000 fixed? If so where did you send it?

It appears here in Australia that Samsung will not fix an imported phone even if its not under a warranty claim.

The company that the import company uses for repairs doesn't have the software to unbrick the i8000 yet. And Samsung Australia won't even touch it (not sure about the legality of them refusing). So my only option I know of is wait until the company gets the software or find another place that can fix it and pay them but I have yet to have any luck.

I bricked my phone when flashing the eboot from secany's latest rom a few days ago, but luckily it's an Aussie model and was covered by warranty no problems. Fonebiz in Brisbane did the repairs, but they had to wait a few days to get the Rom from Samsung. They might be able to do it for you and have a few locations around aus.

I just got it back from them and asked the guy if the software he reflashed it with was 6.5 and he said no, it wasn't available yet. I turn it on and it is 6.5!

So in the end I got my software update, however in a very convoluted way.

It seems the official Aus 6.5 is out there, they just don't give it to you unless you break your phone;)

Guest creations
So I took my phone down to Sydney Cellular (Australian phone repair place) to get it fixed as a warranty claim under the direction of the company I imported it through. All was OK until Sydney Cellular said they couldn't do the repair right now because they don't have the software and wouldn't commit to a time when they could. I then got an email explaining this to me from the company I bought it through but they say it was a power failure and will not be covered under warranty. But Sydney Cellular say nothing about a power failure and only say they can't do it right now and failed during a firmware update.

So where to from now? I called another company who originally said they could do it for $50 but I called back to clarify and they say because its an import they can't fix it? What the????? Anyone here that's got a bricked i8000 from the eboot failure and got it repaired? Surely someone can report back on whether there is a fix. I find it hard to believe that this error can make the phone unrepairable. Fair enough if it was a hardware failure.

Hello Mate...

'

I am sure you are very much disappointed with all those hassles you gone through...

Just would like to give you an answer in small sentence...when we try to flash device with official software updater (OTA) over the air...in that process if device fails to complete the process you have 100% rights to get support from samsung electronics .

Other way..this problem came to most of the consumers when i900 (omnia) came in retail market ...but yes there is ofcourse a solution call J-TAG coz the e-BOOT can be fixed only by this program till now...but it is depends on area and country related SERVICE AUTHORITIES... you need to speak country service head for this reason ...

I am being a samsung ex employee so i know this is not a customers fault at all.

i am sure you can get the proper support by samsung i8000 for related problem.

all the best

• 5 months later...
Guest szanka

hello, i've bricked my omnia 2 when my w7 x64 crashed during flashing. The phone couldn't be turned on, there was a sign of /!\ as other users said. WHen the phone was off and i've pluged in the usb, there was battery charging monit on the screen.

I couldn't do anything under 7, tried to flash dozens od times.

Under xp sp3, it was done in the first attempt, though!

So if you have /!\ after turning on, and can charge - try to flash under xp sp3 :lol:

• 10 months later...
Guest tomfoolary
Right, I believe I've bricked my phone using the New PC Studio software from Samsung to update to the latest version of the Omnia 2.

During the installations some errors occured with the software, so the update cancelled, leaving my phone in "Download Mode". Basically I see no way of getting out of this mode, so I have removed the battery and placed it back in.

Now I'm experiencing trouble with the Emergency Recovery feature, whenever I try to restore my phone, since I did make a back-up, the "update" stops at 41% of a total of 75%, just giving me the error that there's a different application running. However this application seems to be ActiveSync since it pops up right at that instant, it gives me the options of "Switch to..." and "Retry" however none of these work and it send me to the screen where it says: "If the phone is not functioning properly, go to Restore mode." Which seems to rather be a paradox, since I am in "Restore/Recovery mode".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this just happened to me..the emergency firmware recovery built into samsung kies keeps freezing up the computer halfway through the recovery download mode process

• 1 month later...
Guest Steu851

Hello I briked my omnia 2 replacing the broken display.

Before disassembling with broken display it worked, I can dump my data using active sync.

Now it freeze before loading windows.

If I plug the battery charger I see on the display the white battery, but it locks, and it diplay the battery icon even unplugging the charger

If I turn on it make a vibration and shows Samsung Omnia II Logo, but it hangs and I can only remove the battery to turn it off.

I try to connect to a pc but no program recognize the phone, I try active sync, samsung kies, Octans, Octans lite.

Octans has the right configuration, I used it to update the rom before the diplay crash

Thank you

Guest 1freedude
hello, i've bricked my omnia 2 when my w7 x64 crashed during flashing. The phone couldn't be turned on, there was a sign of /!\ as other users said. WHen the phone was off and i've pluged in the usb, there was battery charging monit on the screen.

I couldn't do anything under 7, tried to flash dozens od times.

Under xp sp3, it was done in the first attempt, though!

So if you have /!\ after turning on, and can charge - try to flash under xp sp3 ;)

While i'm a little late to this party, that situation is easy to fix. We, the i9000 (<---three zeros) crowd, call that the "phone-!-pc" screen. I liken it to a computer booting without a OS.

A little back story on how I got to MoDaCo...

I am an avid Android flasher. We use a program called ODIN to flash Sammy android phones, but only in worst case scenario. I was at work and a technician noticed we had the same phone (I'm in the US, a T-mobile Vibrant). He hired me to tweak his phone. He loved it, then gave me a O2 to work some magic. I didn't know anything about flashing a Win Mo phone. I'd done some reg hacks on the original Moto Q, but was lost otherwise.

Here I am, Octan running, drivers driving, .nbo's PDA'n, modems chiming, and the phone freezes at 23 percent. I freak out. I start looking at what next? I pull the cable, reset Octan to try again. I didn't see the phone ! pc screen until the 40th time i tried it. I was looking in the classifieds to find a replacement for this guy, ready to buy. Then I saw the phone ! pc screen. It was actually a relief! That was one of very few times i have praised Samsung. This was familiar territory, my i9000 saw that once when i screwed up a voodoo rom.

So, the way to fix?

1. Separate all cables from phone and pc, nothing can be connected

2. Restart comp with drivers in place.

3. Get ROM ready

4. Start OCTAN

5. Load and detect OCTAN

6. With cable plugged into a POWERED hub ONLY, pull the battery

7. Plug cable into phone

8. Insert battery

1 of three things will happen

phone goes into DL mode after charging for a few seconds

phone only charges

phone ! pc shows up

all of these are good, the first, the best.

if it only charges, turn it on to get DL mode

If phone ! pc shows up, go back to 4

9. Breath easy

Remember, phone ! pc is a sign all is not lost!

Powered hub you say? yes, that is the only way i can complete a flash. I don't know the specifics, but i guess it has to do with current (amps).

1fd

• 1 year later...

While i'm a little late to this party, that situation is easy to fix. We, the i9000 (<---three zeros) crowd, call that the "phone-!-pc" screen. I liken it to a computer booting without a OS.

A little back story on how I got to MoDaCo...

I am an avid Android flasher. We use a program called ODIN to flash Sammy android phones, but only in worst case scenario. I was at work and a technician noticed we had the same phone (I'm in the US, a T-mobile Vibrant). He hired me to tweak his phone. He loved it, then gave me a O2 to work some magic. I didn't know anything about flashing a Win Mo phone. I'd done some reg hacks on the original Moto Q, but was lost otherwise.

Here I am, Octan running, drivers driving, .nbo's PDA'n, modems chiming, and the phone freezes at 23 percent. I freak out. I start looking at what next? I pull the cable, reset Octan to try again. I didn't see the phone ! pc screen until the 40th time i tried it. I was looking in the classifieds to find a replacement for this guy, ready to buy. Then I saw the phone ! pc screen. It was actually a relief! That was one of very few times i have praised Samsung. This was familiar territory, my i9000 saw that once when i screwed up a voodoo rom.

So, the way to fix?

1. Separate all cables from phone and pc, nothing can be connected

2. Restart comp with drivers in place.

3. Get ROM ready

4. Start OCTAN

5. Load and detect OCTAN

6. With cable plugged into a POWERED hub ONLY, pull the battery

7. Plug cable into phone

8. Insert battery

1 of three things will happen

phone goes into DL mode after charging for a few seconds

phone only charges

phone ! pc shows up

all of these are good, the first, the best.

if it only charges, turn it on to get DL mode

If phone ! pc shows up, go back to 4

9. Breath easy

Remember, phone ! pc is a sign all is not lost!

Powered hub you say? yes, that is the only way i can complete a flash. I don't know the specifics, but i guess it has to do with current (amps).

1fd

Thank you for your tips. I seriously thought my Omnia II already a goner when it failed to boot. By using your tips I've successfully revived my phone. Thank you a million..