14/Jan 1.5.2 - Installing the custom recovery image on your device

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Wharf82

How do I do an 'adb reboot recovery' to get into recovery mode?

I installed Quick Boot from Market but when I run that it tells me that I don't have root access!

How do I do an 'adb reboot recovery' to get into recovery mode?

adb.exe is on the t-mobile (business card sized) CD that came with the phone...in the tools folder.

you'll also need to install the drivers from the CD when you plug your phone into your USB port.

Guest Richard_Arkless
A changelog would be nice! ;)

What's different with 1.5.2? Is it worth updating from 1.5.1?

it appears that he has added a option to move apps and some other stuff to the sd card, not 100% sure so your gonna have to check, its under the other option in the recovery menu

Guest Shuflie
it appears that he has added a option to move apps and some other stuff to the sd card, not 100% sure so your gonna have to check, its under the other option in the recovery menu

That was already in 1.5.1. Found a post on another site saying that the 1.5.2 update was to fix bugs in the ext backup and restore option. So if you don't use that then you are probably fine with 1.5.1.

That was already in 1.5.1. Found a post on another site saying that the 1.5.2 update was to fix bugs in the ext backup and restore option. So if you don't use that then you are probably fine with 1.5.1.

Here go http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=1

It's probably easiest for people to look there rather than have a dupe of it (maybe add the link to the first post Paul? )

Guest strike2k
RA-pulse-v1.5.2.png

We haven't yet found the key combination for starting recovery mode from power-off on the device, so you have to enter recovery by doing either 'adb reboot recovery' or by installing 'Quick Boot' from the market (which is also included in my superboot solution).

P

This may be old news but the key combo to get into recovery mode is Menu + Red Button.

Guest Shuflie
This may be old news but the key combo to get into recovery mode is Menu + Red Button.

Which fastboot version are you on, I'm on the pre-December update fastboot and menu + red button most definitely is not a startup combination that works for me.

Guest strike2k
Which fastboot version are you on, I'm on the pre-December update fastboot and menu + red button most definitely is not a startup combination that works for me.

USB Fastboot: 0.5

I just got the device today and rooted on the pre-December. I done a nandroid backup then found the t-mobile uk December update and applied that and then tried to re-root and found my device bricked and adb shell wasn't working for me.

Eventually got ticked off with the boot loop and decided to just start trying all sorts of combos and shazzam the recovery appeared with Menu + Red buttons.

The android splash appears for like a second and it goes into the recovery and i have now just got the vanilla rom working.

PS good work on the roms guys I hope to see a cyanogen port soon ;)

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-sup...LOADS&tab=2

Link to the file for reference.

Edited by strike2k

Guest Shuflie
USB Fastboot: 0.5

I just got the device today and rooted on the pre-December. I done a nandroid backup then found the t-mobile uk December update and applied that and then tried to re-root and found my device bricked and adb shell wasn't working for me.

Eventually got ticked off with the boot loop and decided to just start trying all sorts of combos and shazzam the recovery appeared with Menu + Red buttons.

The android splash appears for like a second and it goes into the recovery and i have now just got the vanilla rom working.

PS good work on the roms guys I hope to see a cyanogen port soon ;)

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-sup...LOADS&tab=2

Link to the file for reference.

So you have the post December fastboot installed then, can anyone else who has installed the December Update confirm this? Paul, how about giving it a go on your updated Pulse?

So you have the post December fastboot installed then, can anyone else who has installed the December Update confirm this? Paul, how about giving it a go on your updated Pulse?

I haven't re-flashed but can confirm that menu+red and power on takes you straight into the recovery image, handy!

Guest Shuflie

Thanks guys, looks like a handy feature. Looking forward to custom kernels with ext3/4 support and compcache enabled so I can upgrade. Might even give it a go myself if I can work out how to do it ;)

Guest Shuflie
I haven't re-flashed but can confirm that menu+red and power on takes you straight into the recovery image, handy!

Hang on, you are still on the pre-December fastboot? Wonder why it doesn't work for me then? ;)