Hammer's custom WM6.1/WM6.5 ROMs - V13 build 21054/21884/21887/21889/23620/28205 (19-Jan-2010)

Guest Mr.Hammer

Guest Mr.Hammer

Welcome to my ROM section. Please test and leave your comments and suggestions.

The idea is to make ROMs that are as simple as possible keeping all the WM6.5 applications and only adding the original Samsung applications that I find essential.

If you miss some of the original Samsung applications they can be downloaded from Sectors threads here (i900) and here (OmniaLITE).

I've added the WM6.1 build 21054 as it was was supprisingly easy to cook and a thought some of you might like it... it's seems to be working but it's very lightly tested, but please let me know what you think...

• If you need Windows Live get it directly from Microsoft here.

• For Microsoft My Phone visit this link.

• For a lightweight Bluetooth Icon Notifier get the www.CareAce.net BtIconNotifier v0.4

• For EzInput 1.5 XT9 keyboard install this cab for the keyboard itself and this for english language. Get additional language files here. Please note that EzInput and the original Samsung keyboard cannot coexist!

• For a nice free QWERTY keyboard install FingerKeyboard.

• For haptic feedback i recommend TouchResponse (configure your Omnia in Settings->System->TouchResponse with Device=11 to make it work).

• If you prefer to use the Large Volume control get it here, and if you like it to be OmniaLITE customized install the cab from here afterwards.

V13 - based on DXID1, build 21054/21884/21887/21889/23620/28014, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

I finally decided to investigate how to remove the large Volume Control and use the default WM volume control. I've removed it by using accsensor.dll and accsensor_app.exe from DXHK1 ROM. The Large Volume can be installed by using a cab file from here.

By request I've also replaced the camera application with the one from the russian PUIE2 ROM as I think it's better looking as it has a black skin.

".avi" files have also been associated with WMP so clicking an ".avi" file in File Explorer will now launch WMP.

+ WM6.1/WM6.5.x with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop - Extra themes, My Phone and Windows Live has been removed.

* In build 21054/21884/21887/21889 .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

• SipListener.exe removed so there will be no haptic feedback if Samsung Keyboards are installed. I recommend using TouchResponse instead.

• Finger Mouse does not work

• Themes, DivX and Large Display icons still left in Settings but does nothing.

• If data connectivity is not working goto Settings->Connections->Operator Settings, select a random provider, press OK, reenter Operator Settings and select the correct provider.

Download WM6.5 builds (mediafire): V13_21884 (WM6.5 - 158MB free storage/66MB free program) / V13_21887 (WM6.5 - 159MB/66MB) / V13_21889 (WM6.5 153MB/65MB) / V13_23620 (WM6.5.3 - 158MB/65MB) / V13_28205 (WM6.5.3.3 -151MB/64MB)

post-580707-1262796352_thumb.png post-580707-1262796360_thumb.png post-580707-1262796368_thumb.png

Download WM6.1 builds (mediafire): V13_21054 (WM6.1 - 161MB free storage/70MB free program)

post-580707-1263893869_thumb.png post-580707-1263893874_thumb.png post-580707-1263893865_thumb.png

Edited by Mr.Hammer

Guest Mr.Hammer

V12 - based on DXID1, build 21884/28014, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

A small bugfix regarding "Sim Toolkit"/SimTkUI. I hope it's working now but I can't verify this as my SIM card does not have the needed content as far as I know. At least the application starts now and gives me the message "Service not available". Please test this functionality and give me feedback.

+ WM6.5.x with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop - Extra themes, My Phone and Windows Live has been removed.

+ OmniaLITE Volume Control

* In build 21884 .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

• SipListener.exe removed so there will be no haptic feedback if Samsung Keyboards are installed. I recommend using TouchResponse instead.

• If data connectivity is not working goto Settings->Connections->Operator Settings, select a random provider, press OK, reenter Operator Settings and select the correct provider.

Download (mediafire): V12_21884 (WM6.5 - 159MB free storage/66MB free program) / V12_28205 (WM6.5.3.3 -151MB/64MB)

V11 - based on DXID1, build 21874/21884/23091/23092/23511/28014, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

OmniaLite dialer and FM Radio have been removed. Only customization left is the large volume control.

A small bugfix as the resize image functionality when preparing an MMS was broken in V10.

Compared to my previous builds the V11 builds have only been lightly tested due too limited time.

+ WM6.5.x with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop - Extra themes, My Phone and Windows Live has been removed.

* In build 21874/21884 .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

* In build 23511/28014 Welcome Center / Getting Started has been removed (as it was not working)

Download (mediafire): V11_21884 (Development branch: COM2 - 159MB free storage/66MB free program) / V11_23092 (COM3-159MB/64MB) / V11_28014 (WMD-159MB/66MB)

... older builds ...

Download (mediafire): V11_21874 (COM2-159MB/66MB) / V11_23091 (COM3-159MB/64MB) / V11_23511 (COM5-159MB/64MB)

My 28005 and 28008 builds have several serious problems like "sleep-o-death" (phone needs to be soft reset to come alive after screen has turned off) so they have been removed.

V10 - based on DXID1, build 21874/21877/23509, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

DRM (LockStream) has been removed and a few small unneeded files removed for a bit more available memory (i forgot to write down the exact memeory usage but its better than V9). Also a bit of registry cleanup for an even cleaner ROM. The 21877 build seems to have at least one very annoying bug as honeycomb is not updating with new icons before restarting the device so I recommend 21874 as my best WM6.5 build right now.

+ WM6.5(.1) with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop - Extra themes, My Phone and Windows Live has been removed.

+ OmniaLITE Dialer (and Call Log) - there is a small gfx glitch when receiving a call when the phone is unlocked in the WM6.5.1 builds.

+ OmniaLITE FM Radio

* In build 21874/21877 .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

* In build 23509 Welcome Center / Getting Started has been removed (it was not working and I did not want to spend time on fixing it)

* In build 23509 the Bluetooth files have been replaced with the files from 23088 to make Bluetooth work (as this was an easy way of fixing the problem)

Download (mediafire): i900_Hammer_V10_21874 or i900_Hammer_V10_21877 (WM6.5) / i900_Hammer_V10_23509 (WM6.5.1)

V9 - based on DXID1, build 21874/23088/23506, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

As V8 with the two bugfixes and "Large Display" removed as it did not seem to work anyway.

The 23506 is a kind of a hybrid build as I've used the Bluetooth files from 23088 to make a ROM with usable Bluetooth.

+ WM6.5(.1) with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop - Extra themes, My Phone and Windows Live has been removed.

+ OmniaLITE Dialer (and Call Log) - there is a small gfx glitch when receiving a call when the phone is unlocked in the WM6.5.1 builds.

+ OmniaLITE FM Radio

* In build 21874 .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

* In build 23506 Welcome Center / Getting Started has been removed (it was not working and I did not want to spend time on fixing it)

* In build 23506 the Bluetooth files have been replaced with the files from 23088 to make Bluetooth work (as this was an easy way of fixing the problem)

Download (mediafire): i900_Hammer_V9_21874 ("old school" WM6.5) / i900_Hammer_V9_23088 or i900_Hammer_V9_23506 (finger friendly "new style" WM6.5.1)

V8 - based on DXID1, build 21874/23088/23506, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

By request I've removed Windows Live from my ROM's. At the same time I decided that My Phone should also be removed as its also available in a newer build directly from Microsoft. Nothing else have change since V7 so no need to upgrade if you are happy to be stuck with an old build of Windows Live and My Phone.

+ In the WM6.5 build (21874) .NET 2.0 has been replaced with .NET 3.5

+ OmniaLITE FM Radio

• Themes and DivX icons still left in Settings but does nothing.

Known bugs (all builds):

• "Can't add a recipient to a new SMS from Menu > Add Recipients > Contacts" - can be fixed by downloading this and unzip the contents to \Windows on the Omnia

• Opening email attachments directly from mail application does not work - can be fixed by creating the folder \Program Files\Connections on the Omnia.

Known bugs (23506):

• Bluetooth does not work correctly.

• "Getting Started" is broken.

Download (mediafire): i900_Hammer_V8_21874 / i900_Hammer_V8_23088 / i900_Hammer_V8_23506

V7 - based on DXID1, build 21874, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

+ WM6.5 “old school” UI with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop. All themes except the standard theme have been removed.

+ .NET CF 3.5 (from build 23088)

Everything else is the same as build 23088 below, except that there is no graphical glitch when receiving a call.

Download (mediafire): i900_21874_Hammer_v7

V7 - based on DXID1, build 23088, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

TV Out viewer is gone. OmniaLITE Dialer, FM Radio and Volume Control added. The Dialer phonebook has been redirected to the default WM6.5 phonebook to keep the ROM as clean as possible. The Dialer options has also been redirected to the default WM6.5 phone dialer options. Some unneeded files removed and some registry cleanup. When receiving a call when the phone is not locked there is a small graphical glitch because of OmniaLITE Dialer incompatibility with this build. Nothing important, but you will notice it.

+ WM6.5.1 “new style” UI with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop. All themes except the standard theme have been removed.

+ OmniaLITE Dialer (and Call Log)

+ OmniaLITE FM Radio

Download (mediafire): i900_23088_Hammer_V7

V6 - based on DXID1, build 23081, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

My first WM6.5.1 build. Samsung themes removed as they don't seem to work correctly in the WM6.5.1 builds. A couple of unneeded files removed and some more registry cleanup. AutoDataConfig - the WM6.5.1 SIM card auto configuration tool has been removed. Apart from that it's a complete WM6.5.1 build with all MS apps.

+ WM6.5.1 “new style” UI with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop.

+ TV Out Viewer

+ FM Radio

Download (mediafire): i900_23081_Hammer_v6 - re-uploaded

V5 - based on DXID1, build 21872, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

ROM is updated with a newer OS build. Nothing else has been changed. I've noticed a small graphical glitch with the standard theme: The keyboard/SIP icon appears on the today screen when the screen is rotated. It seems like the glitch disappears if you use a custom theme like wmblack_shadowline_wqvga.cab (credits to DDDRKO for this amazing theme!)

Download (mediafire): i900_21872_Hammer_v5

V5 - based on DXID1, build 21869, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

A lot of cleanup behind the scenes, resulting in about 146MB free storage! I have tried to get rid of all unnecessary files without breaking any functionality compared to V4. I've also manually cleaned up the registry so there should not be so much unneeded stuff there. I've also made new file associations in the registry so files like .ogg and .3gp(p) can now be played in WMP directly from the file explorer. I've also removed some codecs, and only kept those that are needed for the video functionality in the camera. I've disabled GPS file logging, as this is said to improve GPS performance. Streaming Player and Themes have been removed (Themes icon still left in Settings).

+ WM6.5 “old school” UI with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop.

+ TV Out Viewer

+ FM Radio

Download (mediafire): i900_21869_Hammer_v5

V4 - based on DXID1, build 21869, no phone part, XPR compression, 8MB pagepool

Same as V3, but now now with working GPS! Sorry about that, I'm still learning :)

+ WM6.5 “old school” UI with all the basic applications like Office, Messenger and Remote Desktop.

+ Streaming Player

+ TV Out Viewer

+ FM Radio

Download (mediafire): i900_21869_Hammer_v4

Edited by Mr.Hammer

Guest Mr.Hammer
Great Rom :)

Is there a chance of getting a M2D Ver. 2 cooked in version?

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'll make an M2D version. A lot of great chefs have already done WM6.5 M2D ROMs for the Omnia.

Guest Mr.Hammer
Mr H,

Did you check if GPS is working cos I can't get mine to work. This is the only rom this has not worked.

Thanks

I've just checked, and you are absolutely right - the GPS does not work in my V3 ROM :) I'll investigate this issue soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Guest laserman123
I've just checked, and you are absolutely right - the GPS does not work in my V3 ROM :) I'll investigate this issue soon!

Thanks for the feedback!

Thanks, hope to see V4 all working soon.

Guest laserman123

Hi Mr H,

Glad to see V4 out so soon. Thank you.

Downloading now for testing.

Great work. It's good to see that this version of 6.5 is still alive!!

Nice to see another chef publishing his roms.

I will keep an eye over your next builds (especially if you release more advanced builds)

but your current seem to be as good as simple, nice work.

Guest sam1000

Great work done... :P

Really appreciated this side...keep it up.. :D

although havin some trouble with Bluetooth connectivity...unable to connect with my laptop...any possible solutions here..

everything esle so far is great...exploring it rite now...

Guest Mr.Hammer
Great work done... :P

Really appreciated this side...keep it up.. :D

although havin some trouble with Bluetooth connectivity...unable to connect with my laptop...any possible solutions here..

everything esle so far is great...exploring it rite now...

Did you mange to connect, and what ROM where you using?

I've just tested ActiveSync over Bluetooth with my newest ROM, V6 23081. And at least with this version it seems to be working as expected.

Hello Mr Hammer:

Downloaded your V6 but unable to extract- file corrupted.Can you pls upload again.

i think there are members like me who want ultralite/classic roms just like dddrko used to cook them --look forward to testing it. Thank you, dave.

Guest Mr.Hammer
Same thing for me :D

Yes for some reason the file was corrupted. I've uploaded the file again, and this time I also downloaded it to verify that it's working. Please try again.

Guest Priest234

Thanks Mr.Hammer for keeping the builds simple, I don't like M2D etc. I think M$ have a nice theme on there now.

Will try your builds soon thanks again!