Orientation Detection v1.0 & AutoRotation v1.1

Guest awarner (MVP)

Just download the "OrientationDetectionv1.0.3578.41931.rar" from the first post, extract it on your pc and you will have the .cab file.

Place this on your phone and run it from there, the application will then self install and be ready to run from the Programe menue.

I would suggest you do a soft reset after install as I encountered some Today screen glitches, a soft reset sorted this out.

Guest fifd2005

Hi

When I was trying to use orientationdetection, I noticed something funny.

I use newer version of opera extracted from a HTC device

When I tried to add opera I couldt do it. It was not on the list of running program or complete list

When I kept opera running, I saw google in the running programs list which is home page in opera.

I added. When I tested It was running. But when I connect another website It didnt run.

It looks like Orientation detection uses website title as program title

Another thing is Orientation detection doesnt use the programs installed on storage card

I perefer orientation detection because I only want certain applications can autorotate.

Thanks

Guest PeterPan0815

Hello thanks for this tool.

but i have a probem with Mobile Navigator7

when it go to landscape, the right side of the display are black.

Mobile Navigator dosnt zoom it to landscape.

what can i do ?

Guest nanding

please help,

Im using omnia 2 wm 6.1 and i installed orientation detectection but it doesnt work on landscape for text messaging....im using fingerkeyboard 2...

thanks in advance

Guest banistersmind
Superb program. Why didn't Samsung have this included in their ROM. Running fine on Secany's IJ6 ROM. Thoroughly recommended. :)

I'll add my props to this - great find!

Working fine after installing "Samsung Mobile SDK runtime library" except some application (SPB Shell 3.5, ...) and windows (Volume, Desktop,..)

Thanks

Update:

Although I removed SPB shell 3.5 from assigned programs list but today I was experiencing slowdown, almost in every single window that I opened and the lag was so annoying, therefore I uninstalled the app and everything is back to the normal and run as smooth as before installation and this between I've reclaimed 5mb extra FREE RAM.

Pity that it didn't work the way I was expecting.

Guest Jonathan D

This app simply rock.

I was pissed having to read PDF in landscape.

Its perfect because you just select the app you want to view in landscape.

Really great.

Congratulations!

Guest chan0458
Just download the "OrientationDetectionv1.0.3578.41931.rar" from the first post, extract it on your pc and you will have the .cab file.

Place this on your phone and run it from there, the application will then self install and be ready to run from the Programe menue.

I would suggest you do a soft reset after install as I encountered some Today screen glitches, a soft reset sorted this out.

I experienced the glitch you mentioned on the TOday screen but a soft reset didn't sort it out? any other solutions?

which one actually is better?

I've downloaded the newest OD and it doesn't seem works correctly on today screen, menu screen and inbox/messages

another thing is that it doesn't detect core player and other softwares....

Guest whiskeybro
which one actually is better?

I've downloaded the newest OD and it doesn't seem works correctly on today screen, menu screen and inbox/messages

another thing is that it doesn't detect core player and other softwares....

i think changescreen is the best

changescreen_inst.cab

Guest j_lobusta

hi! im new here... i just wanted to ask if the aoturote also works on the "main screen"- ui (were there is the presence of the side bar/ widget bar) and on the "ms mobile office", can i type on landscape with it??? :D :(

by the way can anyone give some snap shots or samples pics of those what i have said, of course in landscape......pretty please.....thanks!!!

Edited by j_lobusta

Hi,

I tried it, it worked perfectly on my omnia 2. For some reasons, I had to reinstall it. Now I have this message : RegisterSMiOrientationNotify Error...

I tried to reinstall , SDK Library 2.0, I tried also SDK Library 1.2... I deleted the preference file, cleaned the registery, reintall all the stuff with soft reset : I still have the error message. That's wired

Kenan

Guest dani_carrabba

is there any auto rotation program that do global rotate like in omnia 1? i can't rotate beejive since it change the title in the taskbar...

Guest Randy Boy
is there any auto rotation program that do global rotate like in omnia 1? i can't rotate beejive since it change the title in the taskbar...

it works perfectly on my phone.. cool app

Guest Omniapotent

KSTAN

Love the app. Just one small glitch. If I switch tasks away from IE, when I switch back it no longer rotates, have to kill it and restart it.

All the other apps I have tried so far work great. Now I can read my books in PDF.

Thanks again.

Is this app. work w/ Verizon Omnia II phone?

I installed the smi_wm_pro_sdk_redist_2_0_0.cab and OrientationDetectionv1.0.3578.41931.CAB on my Verizon Omnia II (Samsung SCH-i920) and did a soft reset. Works great with a couple of quirks.

1. Like Omniapotent reported, IE rotates fine until I switch to another program. When I come back to IE, it no longer rotates unless I close IE and restart it.
  2. When I added Main Menu to the list of windows to be rotated, it did rotate, but the screen did not adjust to the new dimensions. So in landscape mode, it showed 3 icons across taking up the left 2/3 of the screen. The right 1/3 of the screen was black. The bottom half of the screen was not visible. Also, when rotating it back to portrait, the screen turned off. Had to press the Lock button two times to get the screen back on. It was back in the portrait position. I took Main Menu off the list.
  3. Tested with the Messaging window and one of my email account windows and they both worked great.
  4. I did not put Opera on the list and it continued to rotate automatically as it always did.

So far, so good. Haven't loaded Mobile Shell 3.5 yet. Don't know what effect that will have.

I would love to see the problem with IE fixed, but I can live with it the way it is. This is a great program.

PS. I tried changescreen first and could not get it to work.

Please, update an application in first post. The last version is 1.0.3584.9343

This application always work fine in my Omnia Lite B7300

Edited by Arkaim

Guest ravelcop

hi,

i've installed it successfully but i just want it so that my Messaging wont switch to landscape automatically anymore. how should i configure it? i've already added Messaging in the list and uncheck everything but when i open Messaging, it would still switch to landscape automatically

Guest Bashymerlin

Hi

Thanks ever so much for this, its working well on my Omnia B7300.

Mobile Shell rotates but sadly it does not auto align the items on it.

Other than that, its great, thanks again...