HOWTO: Create a GoldCard - Bypassing the RUU/SPL CID check to Root/Downgrade

Guest Jesterz

Guest masterpfa
yes it has been confirmed by several people.

This does indeed work, Like a fool I had already Rooted my phone and installed Paul's Custom ROM, but being a new phone I wanted, for warranty purposes, retain the original ROM, more Fool Me, you all know what happened next.

I found it a little tricky at first but got there in the end, excellent instructions. I must admit the term "adb" thew me but have a look at this site below for more detailed instructions on how to apply the adb

http://modmygphone.com/wiki/index.php/Setting_up_ADB

Then follow

" For all you people stuck on t-mob/other carrier, that can't root/downgrade....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572683

This post has been edited by Jesterz: Yesterday, 20:52"

I personally tried this on a spare SD Micro I had from my old WM phone..(oops sorry for the foul language!!)

Just about to ROOT, partition SD Card, Flash & re-apply Paul's Custom ROM,

Sorry I doubted you Paul, I'll remain faithful from now on.

Thanks to all the links here guys & girls, great forum

:)

This was a great help mate, now running modaco custom rom, was funny, I was kicking myself because I had installed the new tmob rom and couldn't root, and couldn't find a solution - next day I checked again and you had posted this - great work.

Guest Remington Steale

It works perfectly, my T-Mob Hero (its not a G2 T-Mobile, its a bloody Hero) is now back on Modaco.

One word of advice though, make sure you stick to the same sd card all the way through the process, the CID part is for the SD card and if you switch between cards (as I stupidly was) it wont work.

• 2 months later...