[WM6.5 Omnia 2] Customising the WM6.5 lockscreen and other default screens

Guest emperorben

Guest Omega Ra
No sir, WinMo 6.5.0 - Stock VZW load. The i920 does not have a WinMo 6.1 flavor as it was released with 6.5. The i8000 GSM variant does however have a 6.1 version but I did not refer to that model.

The button for the lock is hardwired to do the samsung lockscreen unless you use something like vjbrisk to change it. For the WM lockscreen you can only use it through the startmenu lock option and that is only accessible through a registry edit. Even then the camera button doesn't get locked, so with the WM lock up you can still turn on the camera.

Guest compnird
The button for the lock is hardwired to do the samsung lockscreen unless you use something like vjbrisk to change it. For the WM lockscreen you can only use it through the startmenu lock option and that is only accessible through a registry edit. Even then the camera button doesn't get locked, so with the WM lock up you can still turn on the camera.

Thanks Omega Ra... Hopefully someone will find a workaround soon... Touch to Unlock is stupid, Slide to Unlock doesn't accidentally happen in your pocket.

Guest Omega Ra
Thanks Omega Ra... Hopefully someone will find a workaround soon... Touch to Unlock is stupid, Slide to Unlock doesn't accidentally happen in your pocket.

my thoughts exactly. Snow02 tried to tweak the stock lock screen and make the touch into a slide, but ran into some issues as he hadn't messed with flash and action script in a long time. If someone out there knows actionscript and Flash well, then maybe they could take a crack at altering the Sammy lockscreen to turn the touch into a slide and make us happy :) because other than the fact that it isn't a slide, I like the sammy lockscreen as it has controls for touchplayer built in.

Guest KiziSoft
what is it that is wrong? the pic looks fine to me....

I can not put the clock in the top of the skreen I mean directly under taskbar line.Now the possition is Top=0 and Left=0. It works like the screen start at this position and something hide the top region :)

Maybe you can see this picture to become more clear:

post-638611-1264037348_thumb.jpg

here is my .cpr file:

LS_LockScene_480x800.rar

Edited by KiziSoft

Guest Teflanzy

hi there

i tried several files but it does not show as the picture

only the arrangement is correct but the background and the slide picture is the same as the original

can someone help me with that?

thank you

=======================================================================

nevermind guys

i found out that it is the same as the today background :)

so i only need to change the background of the phone :)

Edited by Teflanzy

my thoughts exactly. Snow02 tried to tweak the stock lock screen and make the touch into a slide, but ran into some issues as he hadn't messed with flash and action script in a long time. If someone out there knows actionscript and Flash well, then maybe they could take a crack at altering the Sammy lockscreen to turn the touch into a slide and make us happy :) because other than the fact that it isn't a slide, I like the sammy lockscreen as it has controls for touchplayer built in.

Yeah, the issue is just getting a compilable .fla from the lockscreen.swf. Flash decompiler doesn't give a perfect .fla, and I couldn't fix it. If I could get a good .fla I can make the necessary edits. Actually changing the action of the button to a slide isn't that big of an issue.

What you can do though is download AE Button Plus and alter the function of a button (I used double tap volume down) to device lock and it will bring up the stock WM slider lockscreen. Just turn off lock device in the samsung menu and the lock button will then function to just turn the screen on/off. It's an ok workaround for now.

Edited by Snow02

Problem solved :)

That white glitch below lock button was actually a wording of "slide", just pull up a bit the lock button and wording solved the issue :)

Attached here with my LS_LockScene_480x800.cpr for those that needed, probably for user using WM 6.5.X

LS_LockScene_480x800_WM65X.zip

4282821940_e71f5e5405_o.png

I have the problem that the appointments remain in lockscreen, even after they have been ended.

If there is another appointment that follows, it will be displayed, but if no appointment follows, then the last one is displaying until next soft reset.

Guest Omega Ra
Yeah, the issue is just getting a compilable .fla from the lockscreen.swf. Flash decompiler doesn't give a perfect .fla, and I couldn't fix it. If I could get a good .fla I can make the necessary edits. Actually changing the action of the button to a slide isn't that big of an issue.

What you can do though is download AE Button Plus and alter the function of a button (I used double tap volume down) to device lock and it will bring up the stock WM slider lockscreen. Just turn off lock device in the samsung menu and the lock button will then function to just turn the screen on/off. It's an ok workaround for now.

I wish I knew anything about that stuff. because this would be a cool thing

Guest cristidotro

Hi there.

Nice work. Can anyone tell me how to adjust the position of appointments? I've got a wallpaper with something written on it and the appointments are on top of it.

It will be nice if in the near future someone will be able to integrate the weather (using Showaco's Titanium Weather), so this skin will look like TF3D's homescreen, so the Lockscreen will be more helpfull, and it will show almost everything you'll need.

Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

EDIT: Never mind... I've used CHome Visual Editor and made it (I believed it won't work, because I've seen some guys using Notepad). After a few soft-resets I've managed to get it right.

Just extract zips in the /Windows folder. Remember to backup your LS_.cpr file. Who knows, maybe won't work for you.

Later Edit: The version "locksceneXPERIA" has the notifications position fixed (when you had a lost call or a message, when you tapped on the slider, the other sliders weren't visible )

Also, there is a little bug. When you have some notifications, the slider turns to the WM default one. Looking for solution.

locksceneXPERIA.zip

post-641346-1264355133_thumb.jpg

Edited by cristidotro

I have tried a few of these lock screens and the only problem i'm facing is the clock. I like the clock in 12 hour format and it works, but right noe its 7:21 here and the phone shows 7:21 but i want it to show 07:21 coz it just makes it look weird. So how can i change that and i would love if it showed date like 23 Jan 2010 instead of 1/23/10. Those are the only problems i have faced up until now.

EDIT

should have read the thread more closely. Now if there is only a way to add a mini media player that just has play/pause skip and text scrolling to show which song it would be prefect, instead of the appointments area as i don't need it and they don't see like they are working anyways.

i cant get the app to work for changing the background to work says i need a newer .net framework using the latest JA1 ROM

Edited by jebise

Guest AndrewTan
I have tried a few of these lock screens and the only problem i'm facing is the clock. I like the clock in 12 hour format and it works, but right noe its 7:21 here and the phone shows 7:21 but i want it to show 07:21 coz it just makes it look weird. So how can i change that and i would love if it showed date like 23 Jan 2010 instead of 1/23/10. Those are the only problems i have faced up until now.

EDIT

should have read the thread more closely. Now if there is only a way to add a mini media player that just has play/pause skip and text scrolling to show which song it would be prefect, instead of the appointments area as i don't need it and they don't see like they are working anyways.

i cant get the app to work for changing the background to work says i need a newer .net framework using the latest JA1 ROM

Instruction for changing the date and clock display layout:

Date:

goto "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINES\nls\overrides\SSDte" and change the String Value to "d MMMM yyyy" (without quotes)

Clock:

Goto setting -> System -> Regional settings -> Time -> Time Style and select hh:mm:ss:tt.

haha it works great! gchris u're the best! :) awesome lockscreen !

hi i want to download but i don't have a rapidshare account. mind if you can upload to another server? appreciated it. thanks.

Hey guys,

i've made a new lockscreen.

post-611355-1264370173_thumb.png post-611355-1264370197_thumb.png post-611355-1264370212_thumb.png

Update! v0.2b

With s2u2 like text animation! :)

Download Here:

gchris_LockscreenV0.2b.cab

hi i want to download the lock screen but i dun have a rapidshare acct is it possible to upload to those free downloading website?

thanks. appreciated it.

cheers,

B)

Guest sys_error
For backlight issue, set your lockscreen with password, and when pressing the unlock button, the screen will not be so dimm, it will as bright as your original screen brightness.

With lockscreen password, press and hold the lock key won't unlock the screen. Password keying is needed to unlock.

4284793671_2d5f58bf22_o.png4289129517_ae814d55db_o.png

Hi AndrewTan...

How to set lock screen with password? Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

Hi AndrewTan...

How to set lock screen with password? Please enlighten me. Thanks in advance.

u have to go to settings>lock> and there! u choose PIN or strong alphanumeric or something like that and set your pass:)

Edited by dzynio

Guest orlandojumpoff

these don't seem to work for the htc touch pro2... is there a reason it only works for the omnia ii? i figured its a winmo6.5 lockscreen mod, so it should work on htc phones too... any explanation?

Guest gchris7
these don't seem to work for the htc touch pro2... is there a reason it only works for the omnia ii? i figured its a winmo6.5 lockscreen mod, so it should work on htc phones too... any explanation?

Yes, on htc devices, the lockscreens file names start with HTC_xxxx.xxx

Guest Omega Ra
Yes, on htc devices, the lockscreens file names start with HTC_xxxx.xxx

so basically all he has to do is edit the name of the .cpr and put an HTC_ in front of it?

Guest gchris7
so basically all he has to do is edit the name of the .cpr and put an HTC_ in front of it?

Yes, the cpr and every other file related to the lockscreen that is included in the mods (ex. htc_LS_LockSlider_Dwn.png etc.)