Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest tekkenshu7
As posted many times, SKtools may be one of the reasons. Try to uninstall it.

yup sorry, I forgot to mention that I already uninstalled SK Tools also, but it still occurs. Well, I think I'll just have to do repeated soft resets then as a solution

Guest tacchan23
I am using TouchFlo3D. Unable to tab the wireless connection>On at the UI. However, when to Phone setting >start wireless connection>tab on. But I m unable to scan for any wireless access point. I don't have SKtools installed. My battery level is 4 bars. Guess not battery save mode problem. Any idea what is the causes? Thanks :D :( ;)

you had the same problems before installing TouchFlo?

Guest tacchan23

Guest Dj_suca
the same folder as your ringtones is not working for you?

hello my friend, the tones (mp3 or wav) to sms ring must be on windows, on other way the call ones must be on My documentos My rings

Guest CrazyDr
hi guys,

are there people here experiencing their WiFi disappearing from their Wireless Manager list time to time?

I happen to experience this where I just used it a while ago and when I try to re-activate Wifi, the Wifi is no longer in Wireless Manager.

Is this by any chance caused by some apps or something else?

I have SPB Shell 3.5.1, Resco explorer, SK Tools, Coreplayer, Nitrogen installed.

Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance :D

before asking search !

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizo...appears-solved/

it works!

Guest tacchan23
hello my friend, the tones (mp3 or wav) to sms ring must be on windows, on other way the call ones must be on My documentos My rings

I have all my tones in My Storage root and they work too.

Enabling NetCompactFramework 3.5

• Open any registry editor, go to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework
    change 2.0.7045.00 from 1 to 0
    then change 3.5.7283.00 from 0 to 1
    wait 30 secs then soft reset

please help but in my NetCompactFramework 3.5 registry i cant find those valeus- 2.0.7045 and 3.5.7283.

Guest Dj_suca
I have all my tones in My Storage root and they work too.

maybe.. to me, i can see the tone there on the options but if i select and finish

the ring is the default one...

Guest TheGoDxxxx
- eBook readers

AllReader Plus: really the best eBook reader by far! So many option and features. Only downside is it doesn’t support PDF files so you’ll need also another reader if you don’t want to convert your pdf files first to txt.

Thanks for the tip, seems really like it has the best interface and features so far. But what do u use to convert pdf-files?

Guest tacchan23
Thanks for the tip, seems really like it has the best interface and features so far. But what do u use to convert pdf-files?

I tried a couple of apps but the result was always bad (at least for pdf with many pictures).

So for pdf I would just use Adobe reader... (as I don't have anyway any ebook in pdf format, just some manuals with many pics)

Guest spinwizard
does anyone know what directory to put sounds for text message received?

If you put your tones in the /windows folder, it will appear in the selection list.

That's ware they are in the i920, should be the same in yours.

Guest SoJuPanda
the same folder as your ringtones is not working for you?

my ringtones dont show up in that catagory in which i can pick from. can only pick my ringtones for ringtone but not sound.

Guest Randy Boy
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions

- What I have to setup so that I don't have to unlock the screen twice if I install S2U2?

- How to disable the Wm 6.5 lock screen?

You have to disable the wm 6.5 lock screen: Samsung settings - Display and light - Lock screen

- I can't find the file xxxxx in the specified folder, what can I do?

Maybe you are looking for a hidden or system file. So you need to use a more powerfull file explorer program such as Resco file esplorer or Total commander (and enable to show hidden and system files). (Maybe the defoult file explorers have some option like this but I never used them so I'm not sure.)

- How to auto-rotate screen?

To enable autorate in any application of your choice, you can check http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...orotation-v1-1/

If you want to disable the auto rotate function available for some applications: just go to \windows\startup\ and delete the autorotation.lnk and soft reset

If you want to be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

- How to do a Hard Reset?

1. Turn OFF the phone;

2. Press VolumeUp and Lock buttons (do not release);

3. Press Call/Green and then HangUp/Red (do not release all buttons);

4. Phone should Vibrate and turn on;

5. Count to 3 and release all buttons;

You will have a choice to FORMAT or CANCEL the operation.

- Is SRS WOW HD available for Omnia II?

Yes, you can find the CAB/info here

- Why my Garmin XT can't get a fix quickly?

You can try the config (Baud Rate : 9600 or 38400) posted above, it works well for me

- How to change from Samsung Qwerty to Keypad?

Tap and hold on the XT9 button, you will see the option

- Can I disable the "Send & Ignore" feature whenever there's an incoming call?

The feature was removed with WM 6.5 rom, so I suggest to upgrade.

Or you can use some LockScreen programs such as S2U2 with Caller ID enabled

- Do you suggest to upgrade to WM6.5? Is ROM Flashing safe?

Yes, I suggest flashing to WM6.5 ROM.

It should be 100% safe if you just flash PDA and CSC parts. In case of errors during flashing, you can do it again with no problems. It happened 2 times to me to get stuck while flashing (once couse the ROM zip file was corrupted, once becouse I plugged my phone trough a USB hub) but everything was fine and I could flash again.

Read the guide above.

- How to enable Clock/Battery on taskbar?

WinMo Settings - System - Clock & Alarms - More (3rd tab)

- How to set clock in 12/24hr format?

This option is hidden behind the "time style" name (no word about 12/24 h).

If you test, you'll find:

1. 24 h option as "H:mm:ss"

2. 12 h option as "h:mm:ss"

3. Supposed you prefer a leading 0 for the hour "hh:mm:ss"

- How to dissemble your Omnia2?

You can find a step by step guide HERE

- Where is the Soft Rest button?

PAY ATTENTION! The diagram in the Manual points to a location for soft reset and instruct the user to use a toothpick to press that small slot. But the phone does not reset if you do that. Because that is the antenna slot and the phone can get damaged if someone follow the instruction in the manual..( Page 24 ).

The Reset button is the small golden hole between the SIM card and the MicroSD card.

Personally, when my phone is frozen/not responding, I just take off the battery... it's easier^^

- Can I use a Backup program to restore all my data after a ROM Flash?

You can use a Backup program to restore ONLY your data (Contacts, PIM, files, music, video, etc)

You can not use it to restore the installed programs becouse it will mess the registry. To make it quicker reinstalling everything after a Flash, I suggest you have a look at SASHIMI here (you need to register to download it).

- How to remove sounds from WidgetPlus? (original post here)

You need to get Total Commander : http://www.samsung-omnia.org/pre-installed...ach;attach=5224

Download this sound: http://www.samsung-omnia.org/pre-installed...ach;attach=5225

Then rename to "06_widget_icon_click" and copy to your PDA

Then open Total Commander, go to Windows Folder, File->Find files and find for "06_widget_icon_click"

I recommend make a backup of the file!

Just replace now this file with the other that you have download!!

Hi.. i am having a problems on how to set manually the rotation after doing this --> If you want to be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. suddenly appears the error " Access is denied " ? is there a solution.. thanx for replying this one.

Guest tacchan23
Hi.. i am having a problems on how to set manually the rotation after doing this --> If you want to be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. suddenly appears the error " Access is denied " ? is there a solution.. thanx for replying this one.

Does it happen for any registry key or just for the rotation one?

Other than suggesting you to try some other reigstry editor I don't know sorry.

Guest jukefox

Hi,

does anyone know of a working program to switch the audio from rear to front earpiece speaker? I already tried apps like AudioRoute, PPC-AudioSwitch, PPC Audio Router; but all of them do not work.

I definitely need this function to replace my conventional phone by the SIP-enabled Omnia II. Unfortunately all SIP-Softphones I have tried so far use the rear speaker for incoming voice expect Fring. Sadly also Fring has its defects: The outgoing sound-volume from Omnias microphone is much too low.

Hope someone can help.

Guest Randy Boy
Does it happen for any registry key or just for the rotation one?

Other than suggesting you to try some other reigstry editor I don't know sorry.

Yes sir. it happens on rotation one.. :D please help me. coz everytime i lanscape my phone for texting it doesnt work. so i like to have manual rotation to configured..

My phone version:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000FAMIJ3

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

is there a ROM issue? do u think?

Edited by Randy Boy

Guest tacchan23
Yes sir. it happens on rotation one.. :D please help me. coz everytime i lanscape my phone for texting it doesnt work. so i like to have manual rotation to configured..

My phone version:

PDA: I8000NXXIJ9

CSC: I8000FAMIJ3

PHONE: I8000DXIJ1

is there a ROM issue? do u think?

So you can change any other registry? Only the rotation one gives you the access denied error message?

Anyway other than try to use another registry editor or try to flash a new ROM I really can't help you.

Guest Tylwith

Just to tell you for people who don't know.

if you haven't setup the x button to close application, you can close applications by using a long press on the x button.

so one touch for minimising, one long touch for closing.

Guest Randy Boy
So you can change any other registry? Only the rotation one gives you the access denied error message?

Anyway other than try to use another registry editor or try to flash a new ROM I really can't help you.

the sent notification tweaks. is ok for me but the rotations gives me an error "Access is denid" can you suggest me anything aside from the registry editor that im using right now, im using the Ceregedit. yours? can i have it? :D

Edited by Randy Boy

Guest alarants

I followed exctly what is sayd before:

Using 3rd party programs as the default SMS

Go to: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Shell/Rai/:MSINBOX

Change key 1 (default : Tmail.exe) with your software

---Example to use VITO SMS-Chat, change to: "\Program Files\VITO\SMS-Chat\SMSChat.exe"
</SPAN>

I even used same Vito SMSChat but no effect at all. Can't understant how there can be no effect? Omnia i900. :D

Guest babyjosef17
Just to tell you for people who don't know.

if you haven't setup the x button to close application, you can close applications by using a long press on the x button.

so one touch for minimising, one long touch for closing.

Amazing. Thanks for this! Now I can switch off the X button setting then it will be up to me whether to minimize or to close completely any program.

Guest salvat0r

Thanks man.

I did a factory reset to default for the connections. I m able to scan for wireless connection. But somehow, it sometimes still facing the same problem. It's weird , unexplainable. I will do power reset and sometimes it works.

But still on TF3D unable to tab to enable the wireless connection.Guess, I should go to the TF3D thread and ask the expert for some advise.

:D

Guest selcuk666

hi

how can disable windows 6.5 default caller screen ( it opens when the phone is locked) so that I can use ıconsoft caller screen instead

thank you

Guest tacchan23
hi

how can disable windows 6.5 default caller screen ( it opens when the phone is locked) so that I can use ıconsoft caller screen instead

thank you

don't know sorry... myself I disable the wm6.5 lock screen and use S2U2 as lock screen (caller id disabled) and Spam alert as caller id.