Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Hi,

This is my 1st post, I got the I8000 with WM6.5 and like to check on how could I increase the volumes on

1) under the normal phone situation

2) while on speaker phone

Even with the 5th volume setting, I find it at times difficult to hear the conversation with my caller.

I understand there is a fix to this and tried going into *#0002*28346# but I had the steps for (possibly) a WM 6.1 settings and not sure how to go about changing the volumes on a WM 6.5 setting.

Can anyone advise me? Thanks.

Guest alen147

Cause the "guide to flashing rom" topic is closed i'll make a off topic question.

I want to flash my phone for the first time, but I want to save garmin xt, not to install it again, but to keep it installed on my phone. Will SPB backup save it on my phone after a flash or do I have to install it again?

Guest Pl@cebo

Hi...

I have Omnia 2 (win mobile 6.5 + SPB Shel3.5)....

When someone calls me, I dont see callers name, just number (its like Samsung is over ruling the contact manager of the SPB shell)...when I call out, from SPB shell contact list, everything is just fine.

And, also...when I press Call button, it opens Samsungs call log and not SPB shell`s.

What can I do!?

Thank you....

Guest Iluhan

HI ! I can not understand with ear-phones, I connect them to device, then I choose-ear-phones, but at call the sound is audible not in ear-phones, only on the device. Tried to choose a set mode, instead of ear-phones-all too most. What for a hogwash? In options - anything could not find...

Help me please !

Guest deadwarrior

Just wanna verify something, if i wanna upgrade my I8000 running on WinMo 6.1 to WinMo 6.5, I just need to flash the PDA and CSC part?What about the Phone and Eboot part? Any help would be appreciated guys!Thanks!

Guest johnchua55

from WinMo 6.1 to 6.5 it's probably best to flash all four parts, otherwise avoid flashing eBoot if possible. As long as your eboot is intact ..... you'll be able to keep flashing other parts even if you make mistakes. the eboot takes only less than 10 secs to flash i think but it's the only part you wouldn't want to get screwed with.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thegunners
this is not intermiten, and happen only with JD1, at least in my Omnia.

let me make a clear the scenario, while in RINGER/normal profile (system and ring phone in level 5)

1. tap the volume icon in taskbar

post-168873-1271057320_thumb.png

2. tap the system volume icon once to get vibrate profile

post-168873-1271057332_thumb.png

3. tap again the same icon twice to go back to ringer profile, system volume back to level 5

post-168873-1271057348_thumb.png

4. check the ring volume, in my phone, the volume is ZERO (where it should be level 5)

post-168873-1271057356_thumb.png

i think i found workaround solution for this bug :

1. Use Samsung Widget for homescreen

2. Choose Profile widget

3. Tap Volume off

4. Tap Volume on

the bug i have mention in above post is gone !

Guest xbongx

anyone knows how to make the recipient more than 20? i try to find in registry but i cant find it... i need to send messages more than 20 but the maximum recipient to add was jst 20.. i have 1 group contact wich consist of more than 50 contacts, when i add the group it only fill the 20 recipients.. anyone know how to make the recipient unlimited?

Guest nokiak

hi, i just bought my i8000 2weeks ago, so i got question about cab file. i download the resco explorer with a rar file,so how can get the cab files from it and how to install in my omnia2, can anyone guide me step by step, thanks alot

Edited by nokiak

Guest vainqueur
@tachhan23

care to share your specific regedits for excluding unwanted folders in photo album? i just flashed my rom. tia

either you can go here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\TecAce\PhotoAlbum\ExcludeFolders]

or you can create a .reg file and put all those folders you want to exclude and import the reg file with a registry explorer.

Example:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\TecAce\PhotoAlbum\ExcludeFolders]

"XXX"="\\My Storage\\Program Files"

"XXX"="\\Storage Card\\FacebookCache"

XXX - depends on what existing configuration you already have in your registry. ie: 001/002/003... and so on... make sure there are no duplicate

Edited by vainqueur

Guest jonggie112
either you can go here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\Software\TecAce\PhotoAlbum\ExcludeFolders]

or you can create a .reg file and put all those folders you want to exclude and import the reg file with a registry explorer.

Example:

"XXX"="\\My Storage\\Program Files"

"XXX"="\\Storage Card\\FacebookCache"

XXX - depends on what existing configuration you already have in your registry. ie: 001/002/003... and so on... make sure there are no duplicate

alright. thank you. :huh:

Guest picus

Also how to increase the number of SMS recipient to be shown when I type some letters in the TO: field? Currently it automatically shows only 3 contacts to choose from.

I already change both the font of compose & read from 11 to 8

even the Screen text size already changed to the smallest under Settings

and used the "E-mail" program icon rather the "Messages" icon in the honeycomb menu

Its still showing 3 drop down recipients.

Is the tmail.exe is the "E-mail" program icon? Or where I can find tmail.exe?

Edited by picus

Guest picus
Also how to increase the number of SMS recipient to be shown when I type some letters in the TO: field? Currently it automatically shows only 3 contacts to choose from.

I already change both the font of compose & read from 11 to 8

even the Screen text size already changed to the smallest under Settings

and used the "E-mail" program icon rather the "Messages" icon in the honeycomb menu

Its still showing 3 drop down recipients.

Is the tmail.exe is the "E-mail" program icon? Or where I can find tmail.exe?

Found the solution

Use any Reg Editor

HKLM/System/inbox/RecipientAutoComplete/MaxSuggestions

changed the DWORD Data value to any number you like i.e. 15

Guest smiley5000

Hello fello Omniuas,

I have the i8000 since a month or so. I am in Spain and got it through the phone company: Orange.

I have found one problem which is very persistent which I cannot find a solution for. I would love to know if anybody else has this problem and if a solution has been found for it.

The problem is with the unlock key on the side of the phone. I think this key is great, it definitely gives the OmniaII one up on the iPhone. My problem is that sometimes I cannot unlock the phone with the key, and because this key locks everything the only thing to do is take the battery out and restart the phone. I know that the phone is still running, because if I have the radio on it is still on. I suspect that the cause of this problem is related to the "task and organiser" notification system. I use the organiser and task list a lot on the phone, so I often have reminders popping up. If I do not give attention to these reminders, ie dismiss them or reschedule them then sometimes they keep reminding me and then the phone locks up and the unlock key will not work.

Thank you for any help in advance.

P.S. love the forum.

Guest jan_o

i need some help.. i have an omnia i8000 and i installed advance configuration tool.. after a very few tweaking, the messaging feature of the phone did not anymore work.. i tried restoring the default settings of the app but still nothing is working.. is there any way of restoring the messaging feature without using hard reset? or if a hard reset is the only possible way, is it possible to backup all the installed apps and settings of the phone? halp pls... thanks..

Guest soldierfortu

Hi guys, has anybody tried to rotate the screen just apply the modify in registry key HideOrientationUi = 1? after that modify I can't find where to change the button to be able to manually rotate the screen. In my settings there is not that option to choose. Please help me... :P

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xkill3rprox

I need help, i've use the .cab files to disable the camera sounds, now i'm thinking , what should i do to reverse it?

Guest Omega Ra
I need help, i've use the .cab files to disable the camera sounds, now i'm thinking , what should i do to reverse it?

uninstall the cab and soft reset

Guest jukefox
Hi guys, has anybody tried to rotate the screen just apply the modify in registry key HideOrientationUi = 1? after that modify I can't find where to change the button to be able to manually rotate the screen. In my settings there is not that option to choose. Please help me... :rolleyes:

You can only find the new option within the Windows settings (not Samsung settings) which you can find under your Start menu program group after you enabled it in your registry by setting the value of parameter HideSettings under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo to 0.

Guest immobility44

DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

i used DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab and i didn't like it

so i was going to make it like default

so i used EnableThreadedSms.cab

but nothing happened , I'm stuck with the white screen messaging

and i don't even know how to change it back

this is how my messaging looks now

Screen02.png

plz help!!!!

Guest immobility44
DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab Disable Samsung Skinned Email and Sms application

EnableThreadedSms.cab It only works after using disableSkinSmSEmail.cab

i used DisableSkinSmsEmail.cab and i didn't like it

so i was going to make it like default

so i used EnableThreadedSms.cab

but nothing happened , I'm stuck with the white screen messaging

and i don't even know how to change it back

this is how my messaging looks now

plz help!!!!

nevermind,i just uninstalled the cab files

Guest michalhejl

Hi, Can I just check... If I have an IJ1 ROM, I backup the device content using SPB Backup, I flash JC1 ROM while preserving My Storage content, and if I restore the backup, can I expect all programs to keep working including all settings as before, including the phonebook, messages, profiles, etc. etc.? Or can I expect something to not work--what is it?

Thank you