Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Guest Lif35ux

Hi guys, I'm new here. Just got my Omnia 2 this week. I installed the VITO SMS and followed the instruction on the first page of changing the registry. But I'm having some issue.

When I press on Text on my Start Menu, it shows this error message. "The file 'My' cannot be opened. Either it is not a signed with a trusted certificate, or one of its components cannot be found."

Anyone can help me with this?

Thank You very much.

Edit: I have successful solve this issue.. Thanks.

Edited by Lif35ux

Guest enrico988

Hey guys, i'm new to this PDA..

I have just a question on Octans: should i check "Keep eboot CGF" if I don't update the eboot section?

Thanks in advance. Cya :)

Guest tacchan23
Hey guys, i'm new to this PDA..

I have just a question on Octans: should i check "Keep eboot CGF" if I don't update the eboot section?

Thanks in advance. Cya :)

don't check it

Guest zyclonenuz

Landscape Screen

• To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

Hello everyone sorry for the newbie question... I just got my phone a few days ago and I dunno whats up but my auto rotation or landscape keyboard on SMS ain't showing up. Anyway I want to try this one but the problem is I don't know where I can find the "winmo setting page"

I don't think this is the Start> Settings>General Settings>Button coz I can't find the "Rotate Screen" command. anyone help out ? by the way I already edited the registry and I'm using WinMo 6.1.

Edited by zyclonenuz

Guest Tylwith
Hello everyone sorry for the newbie question... I just got my phone a few days ago and I dunno whats up but my auto rotation or landscape keyboard on SMS ain't showing up. Anyway I want to try this one but the problem is I don't know where I can find the "winmo setting page"

I don't think this is the Start> Settings>General Settings>Button coz I can't find the "Rotate Screen" command. anyone help out ? by the way I already edited the registry and I'm using WinMo 6.1.

you must disable touchwuiz ui first

then start menu settings.

Guest zyclonenuz
you must disable touchwuiz ui first

then start menu settings.

Where is the one for WM 6.1 ?

All they have here is the one for 6.5:

SettingMenu.cab Add 6.1 menusettings for people who want to enable/disable touchwizUI on wm6.5 (Uninstall the cab after use)

Guest Tylwith
Where is the one for WM 6.1 ?

All they have here is the one for 6.5:

you don't need it on 6.1

go to settings /general settings /touchwiz ui and disabled it

then when you click on start the standar windows menu should appear.from it you can access the windows settings

Guest zyclonenuz
you don't need it on 6.1

go to settings /general settings /touchwiz ui and disabled it

then when you click on start the standar windows menu should appear.from it you can access the windows settings

Whoa ! cool ! thanks man.. Finally got my qwerty landscape keyboard and I finally found Windows Mobile Contacts also.. Thanks man I really appreciate it. You are a life saver !

By the way do you happen to know what this update does ?? Is this the update for Windows Mobile 6.5 or the one they call Flash ROM ? what is Flash Rom anyway? Its on the Samsung New PC Studio software.

SamsungNewPCStudio.jpg

Edited by zyclonenuz

Guest Tylwith
Whoa ! cool ! thanks man.. Finally got my qwerty landscape keyboard and I finally found Windows Mobile Contacts also.. Thanks man I really appreciate it. You are a life saver !

don't remember exactly on 6.1 but in your program list (start menu program) you should have a program called contact(the windows one) and one called phonebook( the samsung one)

the update will update your phone to windows 6.5 (the update will format your phone so backup your phone first) now some people prefer 6.1 some prefer 6.5

my advice if yoyr hppy with 6.1 don't update.

Edited by Tylwith

Guest zyclonenuz
don't remember exactly on 6.1 but in your program list (start menu program) you should have a program called contact(the windows one) and one called phonebook( the samsung one)

the update will update your phone to windows 6.5 (the update will format your phone so backup your phone first) now some people prefer 6.1 some prefer 6.5

my advice if yoyr hppy with 6.1 don't update.

Yeah I won't update it I'm quite happy with 6.1 I was just asking so I'll know. As for the contacts yeah I got it already. ;)

Thanks again man. Now I can go to bed tonight and not worry anything. I was googling the entire day I even forgot to walk my dogs because I was trying to figure out the winmo setting page thing :) thanks again for the BIG help.

B)

Guest zyclonenuz

Hello Tylwith do happen to know by any chance how to remove or hide the "Compose Bar" on the landscape SMS Keyboard ?? err not sure if I got the term right anyway here is the picture.

Here's what I'm talking about..

landscapekeyboard02.jpg

I saw some Samsung I8000 image on this site http://pocketnow.com/review/samsung-omnia-ii-i8000

here is the image. On landscape keyboard he don't have the "compose bar" thingy.

landscapekeyboard01.jpg

Guest Randy Boy

By the way do you happen to know what this update does ?? Is this the update for Windows Mobile 6.5 or the one they call Flash ROM ? what is Flash Rom anyway? Its on the Samsung New PC Studio software.

SamsungNewPCStudio.jpg

This procedure does WM 6.1 to WM 6.5 your device is updateable to 6.5 every phone omnia 2 with 6.1 can update his/her phone..

This procedure does WM 6.1 to WM 6.5 your device is updateable to 6.5 every phone omnia 2 with 6.1 can update his/her phone..

Anyone know how to downgrade from WM 6.5 to WM 6.1 ?

Thanks

Guest Sky Walk

Thank you so much for your work. I have benefited a lot after trying quite a number of tips.

However the tip to increase the input area for the sms thread function does not work. I have set the value =70 (instead of the original 35) but after reset it still shows only 1 line?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Sky

Guest tacchan23
Thank you so much for your work. I have benefited a lot after trying quite a number of tips.

However the tip to increase the input area for the sms thread function does not work. I have set the value =70 (instead of the original 35) but after reset it still shows only 1 line?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Sky

You disabled the Samsung SMS right?

Last time I tried it, it worked fine.

Guest alvinkh

Landscape Screen

* To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

hmm tacchan bro, how to enable winmo setting? i currently unable to find that menu

EDIT: hmm after install the settingmenu.cab how much must uninstall huh?

Edited by alvinkh

Guest tacchan23
Landscape Screen

* To be able to manually rotate the screen in any application: go to registry hk_local machine – system – gdi – rotation; in key HideOrientationUi change 1 to 0. Then open Settings – Personal – Buttons and assign to any button the command “Rotate Screen” (you can see this option after you change the registry and only in winmo setting page) (working well for me, I prefer to be able to choose when I want to view something in landscape mode than relaying on how I rotate my phone…)

hmm tacchan bro, how to enable winmo setting? i currently unable to find that menu

Show Windows Setting in Start Menu

• Open any registry editor, go to path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Shell\StartInfo\ amd change Value 'HideSettings' to '0' (credits to rodrigofd)
  • Also you can enable it using SKtools

Guest dzynio

Howdy! Maybe i will found some help here. I've got wm6.5.3 custom rom where are deleted SS APPS like sms, clock, calendar, phonebook etc...i used to like it and i want to have this apps instead MS default applications. I was changing all the values in the registry, but it works only for SS calendar and clock, when i want to play music it's opening me wmp instead touch player, that same for photos, default MS photo viewer instead SS photoalbum. Can some1 help me with this?