Omnia 2: Tweaks, Flash Guide, Suggested Programs, FAQ

Guest tacchan23

Hi all,

Anyone knows where to get the cab for Taking pictures with front camera for samsung omnia i8000?

I dont understand the whole thingy about editing the registry.

Can anyone create a cab for me?

Many thanks in advance :)

Look here: cabs-for-tips-updated.

And next time seach better B)

Guest mrlovepeace2009

I am using secany"s new ROM( PDA and .mst) JA5 winmo 6.5.0 build 21889

Start menu kinetic scroll is kind of frustrating .it get stuck .i have to scroll in 3 or 4 pages. I have installed 4 row apps grid .cab.still its not smoothly scrolling (non stop) like from top app to bottom apps.Can anybody help me please to get smooth nonstop kinetic scroll in start menu. plz suggest any tweaks or cab file .Thank you very much to all. specially secany, Dr KC and tacchan23

Edited by mrlovepeace2009

Guest tacchan23
start menu kinetic scroll is kind of frustrating .it get stuck .i have to scroll in 3 or 4 pages. I have installed 4 row apps grid .cab.still its not smoothly scrolling (non stop) like from top app to bottom apps.Can anybody help me please to get smooth nonstop kinetic scroll in start menu. plz suggest any tweaks or cab file .Thank you very much to all. specially secany, Dr KC and tacchan23

I am using secany"s new ROM( PDA and .mst) JA5 winmo 6.5.0 build 21889

I'm using the 5row cab from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589380

Maybe the 4row has smooth scrolling too.

Guest mrlovepeace2009
I'm using the 5row cab from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=589380

Maybe the 4row has smooth scrolling too.

Thanks dear tacchan23 for your prompt response .i tried 5 grid and 4 grid .cab but still i have to scroll start menu in 3 0r 4 stroke to reach bottom , not in single stroke as you get in SPB shell 3.5.2.

can anybody help. experts plz

Guest HotKgon
Front Camera

• Taking pictures with front camera (DOESN'T WORK WITH VERIZON i920: if you applied the tweak anyway and you camera isn't working anymore, all you have to do is change the HKCU/Software/Samsung/Camera "shooting mode" reg key to 0 after deleting the front camera reg tweak)

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/Camera

Create new Dword: SupportFrontCamera = 1

Start camera

Go to "Shooting mode" (second left icon from the top)

Select "Self"

and you have your front camera (640 x 480)

Just to inform that this also works in WM6.1.

;)

Guest mightymouse1045
5) ComicReader

Hi Tacchan - in your post you mention a comicreader but you don't list any apps for it further down. What comic reader do you use and can you recommend any others etc coz i am having a hard time finding any good ones out there. I am using a free one called pocket comic but I don't like it's interface. It dynamically zooms in or you can unselect that and use a D pad but it isn't intuitive and I'm always hitting the up or down page when trying to move around the page to read it etc

Also can you remember the alternative keyboard that you or Secany posted photos of in another of your posts that had the full keyboard but with a row for numbers 1 to 0 at the top - where can i grab that from?

One more thing could you please also recommend stable releases that you find work best from ALL the multitude of ROMS\CSC's\eBoots and Phone options that secany and others have posted. I find I am always having odd things happening with speed and memory usage and menu's not appearing sometimes and having to softboot the phone always to get things working normally again. If you had at the top listing what combination of csc, pda, eboot and phone options are the fastest and most stable that would be REALLLY helpful.

Anyways thanks in advance. ;)

Guest mightymouse1045
Thanks dear tacchan23 for your prompt response .i tried 5 grid and 4 grid .cab but still i have to scroll start menu in 3 0r 4 stroke to reach bottom , not in single stroke as you get in SPB shell 3.5.2.

can anybody help. experts plz

Why don't you sort your start menu into folders and then use the app recommended at the start of the JWMD Icon Changer which allows you to sort the start menu so it's in alphabetical order and move things around and it also lets you change the bootup animations and other things ;)

What you end up with is an ordered start menu that fits on one page in both the 4 and 5 start menu grid - going into the folders like system, settings, games, apps, media players, phone, utilities etc is really easy and you then see all your icons in front without having to continually search and hunt for your programs. Of course however or whatever order or names you want to give to the folders is up to you.

Guest meabigbaldguy
hi everyone,

I am quite new on this site, but I think is very useful. ;)

Somebody can offer me a good voip program what I can use on my i8000 handset? Or is it possible to use that kind of program on it?

I need a Satnav application on my phone, which is the best one and how can I get or download it?

many thanks

berem

Skype is a good VOIP, and obviously one of the most well known. For satnav, I'm assuming you also mean GPS, I use Copilot Live. It's downloadable, cheaper than most, works very good, and straightaway it works well with O2.

Guest mightymouse1045

Hi Tacchan - in your post you mention a comicreader but you don't list any apps for it further down.

* I found comic reader mobi 1.6.1 and that is a bit more usable - i believe 2.0.2 is out and even better however there is no demo of it to try before you buy so I don't like it.

Also can you remember the alternative keyboard that you or Secany posted photos of in another of your posts that had the full keyboard but with a row for numbers 1 to 0 at the top - where can i grab that from?

One more thing could you please also recommend stable releases that you find work best from ALL the multitude of ROMS\CSC's\eBoots and Phone options that secany and others have posted. I find I am always having odd things happening with speed and memory usage and menu's not appearing sometimes and having to softboot the phone always to get things working normally again. If you had at the top listing what combination of csc, pda, eboot and phone options are the fastest and most stable that would be REALLLY helpful.

Anyways thanks in advance.

Guest tacchan23
Hi Tacchan - in your post you mention a comicreader but you don't list any apps for it further down.

* I found comic reader mobi 1.6.1 and that is a bit more usable - i believe 2.0.2 is out and even better however there is no demo of it to try before you buy so I don't like it.

Anyways thanks in advance.

yes, comic reader mobi 1.6.1 is the best free reader I think. I didn't try the new version for pay.

about keyboards... the only one I tried are TouchPal and FingerKeyboard, not sue which you mean.

about ROM parts I'm not flashing much lately... anyway what I do is:

- I flash just PDA part usually

- then every a couple of months, when Secany release a new ROM which looks like a major update, I flash all 4 parts

Guest Odysseas07

after searching I found something

when you press * # 0228 # your exits the Monitor GSM

Twice if you go back (if you press the "Back" twice on the left softkey)

you goes out to the display tab of your test GSM has 9 options and 8 are for the sound

Pressing the tab 8 leaves you with 5 options where

1, the handset

2 headset

3 speaker

4 BT Headset

5 Rebuild All

I want to change the values for Headset

when I press the 2

and post because I want to change the sound to listen in over the headphones I press the 2 as the RX Value

and then the 1 that is the Headset Rx Codec

Here is the problem now,

I do not know what to put values from 2 up to 7 (Rx Volume 0-5) to change the volume to audible

Does anyone know what values to put to increase the intensity headphones

Guest barki82

I found something useful, maybe you all know about it. If you want to force Xtra to update everytime you connect to a Wifi access point, just open some registry editor, go to HKLM/Software/Samsung/RIL/GPS/XTRA/AutoDownloadWifi and change the value from 0 to 1.

Guest Krathor

Hi

It's my first post in this forum so greetings to you all.

I have question about the font size, specialy in e-mail app. It's of the same size as it was in Samsung app. Is there anything to do about it? I have set font size in a Settings to the smallest but it's still quite big. Is there any advice you could give me?

Guest barki82
I do by instructions for rotation and work good.

But it rotate d screen to the right. I want to rotate the screen to the left.

How can i do that.. thanks.

To set the orientation of landscape mode go to registry HKLM/System/GDI/Rotation and change the key "LandscapeMode" to:

4 - left hand landscape

1 - right hand landscape

Where can I get a cab to networkWizard automatic settings?

Contribua para uma melhor tradução

Obrigado por contribuir com a sua sugestão de tradução para o Google Tradutor.

Contribua para uma melhor tradução:

Where can I get a cab to networkWizard automatic settings?

Idiomas disponíveis para tradução:

Afrikaans

Albanês

Alemão

Árabe

Bielorusso

Búlgaro

Catalão

Checo

Chinês Coreano

Crioulo haitiano

Croata

Dinamarquês

Eslovaco

Esloveno

Espanhol

Estónio

Filipino Finlandês

Francês

Galego

Galês

Grego

Hebraico

Hindu

Holandês

Húngaro Iídiche

Indonésio

Inglês

Irlandês

Islandês

Italiano

Japonês

Letão

Lituano Macedónio

Malaio

Maltês

Norueguês

Persa

Polaco

Português

Romeno

Russo Sérvio

Suaíli

Sueco

Tailandês

Turco

Ucraniano

Vietnamita

Guest Capt.KKK

The Unwanted Folder trick doesn't work, my PhotoAlbum kept digging for pictures other than the default \My Storage\DCIM folder.

Also when I cleared all photo.1 files, and reset, once I launch PhotoAlbum again, the thumbnails appeared almost instantly instead of counting for each as the first time.

Edited by Capt.KKK

Guest tacchan23
The Unwanted Folder trick doesn't work, my PhotoAlbum kept digging for pictures other than the default \My Storage\DCIM folder.

Also when I cleared all photo.1 files, and reset, once I launch PhotoAlbum again, the thumbnails appeared almost instantly instead of counting for each as the first time.

You have to delete some more files related to PhotoAlbum.

I'm not sure what exactly, becouse I always apply the reg tweaks as soon as I hard reset or flash new ROM so those files aren't even created for me.

Hi All,

I'm a B7610 user and I'm still searching for some tweaks, maybe you all could help me:

link: Topic WM6.5 B7610

Still searching:

- How to: Phone dialer ? : set default view to call history instead of call history and contacts.

- How to: Phone dialer ? : enable the skin from samsung 6.1; when someone calls, you could reject & send sms.

- How to: Messaging : get rid of the giant - and + icon in messages / email folder selection .

- How to: Messaging : have horizontal lines between 2 sms conversations like in: this image

- How to: Messaging : remove the 'older' - 'newer' titles in a conversation and just list all messages.

- How to: Messaging : fix green delivery icon, it is blocky, not even anti-alias.

- How to: Start Menu : easily reorder the items.

- How to: FIX slow response time of the unlock button, on wm6.1 it worked great.

i dont know if this has been addressed already but with regards to fixing the slow response time of the unlock button a weird thing happened to me.i installed pocketshield for my old omnia and discovered that it messed up the lockscreen maybe coz it wasnt the right resolution for my b7610 so i uninstalled it.a really good side effect occured though.now my unlock button responds really fast unlike before i installed/uninstalled pocketshield which took a few seconds for the unlock screen to appear.now its normal :-)

to change the topic,is there anyway i could keep my wifi on automatically even after a softreset?

Guest ataranji

i have asus wireless network card on my computer

how can i connect to my computer from my omnia II with wifi??? i want to copy my data to my omnia from my pc via wifi

and also how can i use my pc internet on my phone

thank you

Guest ataranji

thank you

its exactly what i wanted

but i have another question- - - - -> how can i use my computers internet on my omnia via wifi????