Guide to flash on Windows 7

Guest sorg

I, too, have found that it doesn't work. The only way to flash the phone is by using XP, which is really irritating. That's why I'm using the JA5 ROMS and that's it, not flashing again, as I can't be arsed to keep reinstalling Windows every other week.

Guest johvo

My first post and I´d like to thank you sorg and all the others for there fine work. For me as a newbie in win 6.5 the "Guide to flash on Windows 7" woks 100%.

Thank you again

johvo

Edited by johvo

Guest mdkpnj

I've followed all the instructions here, loaded the CDMA driver. When I try to update the MITS driver (you have to click it quickly or else the MITS device goes away), Win 7 (pro) says the driver is up-to-date. When I try to flash, I have the same problem as other, Octans does not detect the phone, the phones goes into charging mode.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Guest johvo
I've followed all the instructions here, loaded the CDMA driver. When I try to update the MITS driver (you have to click it quickly or else the MITS device goes away), Win 7 (pro) says the driver is up-to-date. When I try to flash, I have the same problem as other, Octans does not detect the phone, the phones goes into charging mode.

What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Got the same Problem first. Perhaps you didn´t start Octans in XP mode (Service Pack 3)?

Greetings

Johvo

Guest mdkpnj
Got the same Problem first. Perhaps you didn´t start Octans in XP mode (Service Pack 3)?

Greetings

Johvo

Octans is in XP Service Pack 3 mode. The problem seems to be the MITS driver. Windows has version 6. I gather the one we want is older, Windows & will not install it, it says the driver is up-to-date. Is there a way to force it to install the version I want?

Guest Nablet

The problem isn't the driver, the problem is Octans. This very well might be the last Samsung phone I buy, they really don't care about the state of their drivers and software.

Their HD's are good, their screens aren't too bad and some of their other electronics are decent but if they could care less about their phones I'm sure they would.

Guest mdkpnj
Weird...

When you change the MITs (with turned off phone), you should have in driver details, version 4.xxxxx (XP version).

Do you confirm this?

Can someome tell me how to install 4.x of the MITS driver. Win 7 Pro auto installs 6.x. When I try to update driver and point to the 4.x files, Win 7 says I already have the latest version of the driver. How do you get it to install the 4.x version?

Please help.....

Guest mdkpnj
Can someome tell me how to install 4.x of the MITS driver. Win 7 Pro auto installs 6.x. When I try to update driver and point to the 4.x files, Win 7 says I already have the latest version of the driver. How do you get it to install the 4.x version?

Please help.....

With the phone off, and then connectedd, the MITS driver appears for a few seconds. If I am quick I can catch to updatet he driver, with the above result.

With the phone not connected there is no MITS driver in Device Manager.

I am stumped. My Vista machine gves the same behavior. I no longer have an XP machine.

Please help....

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tacchan23

I recently moved to Win7 and I flashed today for the first time.

I had some problem installing the drivers provided by Sorg as Win7 will not "upgrade" to an older driver than the one already installed.

So, this is what I did to fix the problem:

0- Unplug ur phone

1- Uninstall the 6.x drivers (which are auto installed by Win7)

2- Disconnect the internet (Important, otherwise when u plug ur phone Win7 will auto update the drivers again-.-)

3- Plug ur phone and update manually to Sorg drivers

4- Flash your phone:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tsolias

i am using windows 7 home premium (original version)

i manually installed the older driver, in the device manager it says it's 4.0.4232.0 version

i am running octans 2.14, after setting compatibility mode to win XP SP3 but i get the message that it's not a valid win 32 application.

can someone help please?

(am i supposed to run octans with phone switched on or off? not that it matters at this point as it seems to be a compatibility issue)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Pobblebonk
Since i'm planning to move to Windows 7, i've tried OCTANS on one of my notebooks (Sony Vaio P90HS) with Win7.

It didn't take long time to figure out working method.

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

I've tried it by myself and it's 100% working.

If it's not working for you then you did something wrong. Check my guide again more precisely and correct your mistakes.

For x64 perverts, there is X64 driver attached. Guide is exactly the same, but i didn't test it because i hate to deal with MS signature checks. Only real perverters love Windows x64 and its signature hell :)

X64 driver is not signed, so have a nice sex with WinX64. I know you like it ;)

Did everything you said and now my phone is stuck on language setup screen.

It says do not turn off It takes about 10 minutes, but it never changes. Restarted phone and it has the same screen. I am with Telstra in Australia.

• 3 months later...
I recently moved to Win7 and I flashed today for the first time.

I had some problem installing the drivers provided by Sorg as Win7 will not "upgrade" to an older driver than the one already installed.

So, this is what I did to fix the problem:

0- Unplug ur phone

1- Uninstall the 6.x drivers (which are auto installed by Win7)

2- Disconnect the internet (Important, otherwise when u plug ur phone Win7 will auto update the drivers again-.-)

3- Plug ur phone and update manually to Sorg drivers

4- Flash your phone:)

After I did the above, I just followed the steps in post 1 and how to for flashing with octans, and all went well in W7. The difficult part for me was getting around w7 having installed a more recent version of the driver. Turning off internet on the PC was the solution. Thanks all. (btw, rom jg5 ditches the cube at least I couldn't find it, as in prevoius IJ9).

• 3 months later...
Guest SKJoy2001

The entire operation went 100% successful with Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64, you need to F8 at PC system boot up to disable the driver signing check for Windows.

BTW @Sorg: Not that the x64 people love it, when you have more than 4GB RAM, you don't have a choice but to move to x64 system.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest abdelrahim

Finally done after more than 10 trials and errors :( although I did more than 100 times flashing with my previous vista 32bit but found it very difficult with w7 64bit due to stupid driver signatures...Thanks Tacchan 23, Sorg and Rapid 81 for the youtube video here

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...-win7-32-64bit/

Edited by abdelrahim

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bobfrantic

Ok, I am sorry to bring this up yet again, Octans 2.11 mini, 2.11, and 2.14 all of a sudden, after many flashes, has decided to not see my phone. I have been through every thread and tutorial, watched Rapid's video on how to flash with Win7 and followed every step to the letter, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and software, and yes I remembered to press F8 and turn off the driver recognition at start up, and have in stalled ReadyDriverPlus from Rapid's thread also. And yes all Octans are running in compatibility mode for XP SP3. Yet after performing all these things,

I keep getting this:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&e174f40&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

When I try the other drivers I get the yellow ! on my phone in device manager when using Octans and trying to detect.

I have seen it asked many times on the forum how to correct this, and all suggestions have been tried by me, to no avail. I have been through the threads by tacchan23 Sorg, and Rapid81, all of which are excellent information btw, which is why I have posted this in both threads. I have finally run out of idea's and have no earthly reason for this to have happened. I flashed my phone last week with an official Samsung 6.1 rom. My version is:

PDA: I8000XXIG7

CSC: I8000EBIK2

Phone: I8000DXIG7

I hope that if anyone else has had this problem, and were able to correct it, they will post what they did, or PM with detailed steps to correct this. It is most frustrating especially after being able to flash my phone a billion times (minor exageration lol). Help!!!!

Guest fortify
Did you try : CSC decoding ?

Thanks for this guide, works perfectly. Even with Octan 2.11.

I have just to install Drivers V5 each time I need to Flash (no need to reboot ?), Se7en give me back the V6 overtime !

Well I did everything.

- installed cdma driver

-latest samsung MIT usb update

-unplugged phone.

-changed OCTANS Mini compatibility to windows xp (service pack 3)

-loaded the csc and mst files

-hit detect

-plugged in phone (which is off)

**issue **the start key doesn`t highlight.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Guest Ill Named
Ok, I am sorry to bring this up yet again, Octans 2.11 mini, 2.11, and 2.14 all of a sudden, after many flashes, has decided to not see my phone. I have been through every thread and tutorial, watched Rapid's video on how to flash with Win7 and followed every step to the letter, uninstalled and reinstalled all drivers and software, and yes I remembered to press F8 and turn off the driver recognition at start up, and have in stalled ReadyDriverPlus from Rapid's thread also. And yes all Octans are running in compatibility mode for XP SP3. Yet after performing all these things,

I keep getting this:

[setup] Windows XP

[setup] Download Ram Size :41777920 bytes,(39 MB)

OnDeviceChange \\?\USB#VID_04E8&PID_6619#5&e174f40&0&1#{25dbce51-6c8f-4a72-8a6d-b54c2b4fc835}

When I try the other drivers I get the yellow ! on my phone in device manager when using Octans and trying to detect.

I have seen it asked many times on the forum how to correct this, and all suggestions have been tried by me, to no avail. I have been through the threads by tacchan23 Sorg, and Rapid81, all of which are excellent information btw, which is why I have posted this in both threads. I have finally run out of idea's and have no earthly reason for this to have happened. I flashed my phone last week with an official Samsung 6.1 rom. My version is:

PDA: I8000XXIG7

CSC: I8000EBIK2

Phone: I8000DXIG7

I hope that if anyone else has had this problem, and were able to correct it, they will post what they did, or PM with detailed steps to correct this. It is most frustrating especially after being able to flash my phone a billion times (minor exageration lol). Help!!!!

I'm right there with you. Exact same thing here. I think that it has something to do with an update that windows just released. Hopefully there is a new octans version soon to combat this. Let me know if you find a solution.

Ill

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheThingx

I hope sorg reads this (if not i'll pm :D )

I'm using win 7 32-bit, phone is off, connected and installed "wceusbsh.inf" (the zip folder contains another driver) using "have disk", disconnected phone.

After following these steps i launched octans mini (ty for the mod sorg) then i connect phone, but it's not being detected by octans because the driver is malfunctioning (yellow exclamation mark in device manager) which can be solved by disabling the driver then enabling it in device manager while octans is waiting for the device.

Why is this happening plz?? i have to disable and enable the MIT drivers each time i connect my phone to flash it.

thanks for help.

• 5 months later...
Guest nooryus

Can you please elaborate Step 4? Sorry, I am just a beginner.

Since i'm planning to move to Windows 7, i've tried OCTANS on one of my notebooks (Sony Vaio P90HS) with Win7.

It didn't take long time to figure out working method.

You have to follow guide precisely, otherwise it may not work!

1) download Windows XP x32 driver attached in this post.

2) Turn off your Omnia II

3) connect Omnia II to computer.

4) Go to device management console and update Samsung MITs driver with one you downloaded in (1). Make sure you didn't get error while updating driver.

5) Disconnect Omnia II from computer.

6) Grab any version of OCTANS (newer - better) and using right click menu open properties of OCTANS executable and set compatibility mode to Windows XP Service Pack 3

7) Start OCTANS and follow usual guide to flash your Omnia II.

I've tried it by myself and it's 100% working.

If it's not working for you then you did something wrong. Check my guide again more precisely and correct your mistakes.

For x64 perverts, there is X64 driver attached. Guide is exactly the same, but i didn't test it because i hate to deal with MS signature checks. Only real perverters love Windows x64 and its signature hell :)

X64 driver is not signed, so have a nice sex with WinX64. I know you like it :(