Update available

Guest ErnstJanF

yeah, just saw that as well and while I've been waiting patiently until now, this pisses me off. They don't even give an explanation which I think is in order when you delay the update for 2 months!

Guest Ajacied410_NL

Im sick of samsung mobile at this moment.

At this point my device is back to the factory because of a oil spot in the middle of the screen :(

Also i waited for buying my device after the 1st of november because of the free memorycard...but in my pack there was no memory card and samsung won't give it to me because it was a old pack i got...and there you get the free upgrade in the pack (but everybody gets this :D ?)...now i have to go back to my dealer (Rabomobiel) and ask them why i got a old package...samsung...thanks for nothing!!..because they won't give you a new package because they want to get rit of the old packages first!!!

And now there delaying the upgrade every time...it better be worth the wait..because im just at the point of selling my device and going back to the HTC devices...witch have better (custom) rom support...and faster rom support also!!!!

I had wm6.5 at my Touch Cruis 5 monts ago..it was custom..but it was there already...why is samsung that slow with this device..and the omnia 2 already has it...the device is almost the same...only a keyboard wil delay the rom update???...there is something not right if you ask me.

Guest JeroenFransen
Im sick of samsung mobile at this moment.

At this point my device is back to the factory because of a oil spot in the middle of the screen :(

Also i waited for buying my device after the 1st of november because of the free memorycard...but in my pack there was no memory card and samsung won't give it to me because it was a old pack i got...and there you get the free upgrade in the pack (but everybody gets this :D ?)...now i have to go back to my dealer (Rabomobiel) and ask them why i got a old package...samsung...thanks for nothing!!..because they won't give you a new package because they want to get rit of the old packages first!!!

And now there delaying the upgrade every time...it better be worth the wait..because im just at the point of selling my device and going back to the HTC devices...witch have better (custom) rom support...and faster rom support also!!!!

I had wm6.5 at my Touch Cruis 5 monts ago..it was custom..but it was there already...why is samsung that slow with this device..and the omnia 2 already has it...the device is almost the same...only a keyboard wil delay the rom update???...there is something not right if you ask me.

I agree with most of what you´re writing there. However, as I´m an incorrigible optimist I´m still hoping that we can build a better experience with this phone with the help of the user community. Specifically I´m trying to convince Secany to release more (and more complete) ROMs for our phone. This, plus the experience building up in the sister I8000 community, should be the starting point for custom ROMs for the Omnia Pro Qwerty B7610. So please all you Omnia Pro owners let Secany know that we´re there!

I agree with most of what you´re writing there. However, as I´m an incorrigible optimist I´m still hoping that we can build a better experience with this phone with the help of the user community. Specifically I´m trying to convince Secany to release more (and more complete) ROMs for our phone. This, plus the experience building up in the sister I8000 community, should be the starting point for custom ROMs for the Omnia Pro Qwerty B7610. So please all you Omnia Pro owners let Secany know that we´re there!

Well, there is one thing that really pisses me off. Samsung Windows Mobile SDK. Why the hell it does not support B7610 when it does support B7620 (OmniaPro Armanni)? It also supports I8000, B7310 or whatever it is and the others. I've found some posts in their forum on samsung innovator webpage about users asking them why, and they answered, it is hard to make support for phone that is not yet released. Of course, it was more than a month ago, but in that time I was already having B7610 in my hands (bought in CZ O2). How is that possible. I do not get how they released this phone. I am starting to be a little worried that this phone will never be as supported as I8000 or not at all... from samsung's side. And wtf is that with B7620, jesus, it was made from B7610. I hate samsung really.

I am again starting to like HTC after my pain usage with their Qualcomm-based device, but at least rom support from HTC (not to mention the community) was much much better than this. Also... GPS fix in a few seconds. I hate samsung, really.

Edit: I tried to post my opinion and question to discussion board on innovator.samsungmobile.com, but hour after registering and activating account I am still not able to log in ( We were unable to retrieve your information. Please try again. ) :D

Edited by bcmiko

Guest JeroenFransen

A number of people in the Netherlands seem to have updated their phone today successfully. Me not, but that may be due to the fact I´m running Secany´s WM6.5. I´m still interested in running the official one so the phone part and CSC are at least also updated.

Does anyone remember how I can let the updater think I´m running 6.1 (without actually flashing back to 6.1...)?

A number of people in the Netherlands seem to have updated their phone today successfully. Me not, but that may be due to the fact I´m running Secany´s WM6.5. I´m still interested in running the official one so the phone part and CSC are at least also updated.

Does anyone remember how I can let the updater think I´m running 6.1 (without actually flashing back to 6.1...)?

I think you must Flash. Make backup and easy to get 6.1, then update.

I hope in a future eb0+MST+CSC files. Secany's ROM is pretty good too, but have some bug (first of all about directdraw colors in camera and videos).

So, if you will update, try to share the ROM to us :D

Why isn't it finding the update for me? Is it because I have Secany's Rom installed?

Anyone who upgraded with Secany's ROM installed?

I still have everything original and get "device not supported" so it can't be that.

as someone said on tweakers, maybe they took it down again, which would really be a friggin' joke.

Guest Daidalos117
No, i wrote that secany's seem a "preliminary" rom. So, this rom is good, but have some bugs

Ok,but this question was to all :D .I still deciding to wait for official upgrade or flash Secany´s ROM.Before B7610 i had HTC and i know the cooked rom have some bugs....therefore i asking. :(

Will someone else do ROM?

From HTC I was accustomed to many (10-20) of different ROM, but unfortunately for the Omnia is still only one, and Secany don´t have Omnia.. ;)

Edited by Daidalos117

I can confirm this, just updated my dutch B7610 to WM6.5. After I connected my phone to my pc, a window popped up in New PC Studio (1.4IK1) which was titled: upgrade found for your "GT-B7610 (0000-00....). Thereafter it automatically made a back-up of the phone and subsequently updated in approx 15-20 minutes.

Guest Crossfire89
I can confirm this, just updated my dutch B7610 to WM6.5. After I connected my phone to my pc, a window popped up in New PC Studio (1.4IK1) which was titled: upgrade found for your "GT-B7610 (0000-00....). Thereafter it automatically made a back-up of the phone and subsequently updated in approx 15-20 minutes.

Not working for me!

Guest Martinspire

Where do you find those files? I dont seem to be able to find the correct 6.1 rom files.

I think you must Flash. Make backup and easy to get 6.1, then update.

I hope in a future eb0+MST+CSC files. Secany's ROM is pretty good too, but have some bug (first of all about directdraw colors in camera and videos).

So, if you will update, try to share the ROM to us :D

damn, nothing works for me, can't even update NPS. it tells me that it needs to update but when I select to update, it closes NPS, shows the update window for a short moment and then starts the program again in the old version.

this thing is broken grrrrr.

obviously my device still isn't supported for the update :D

damn, nothing works for me, can't even update NPS. it tells me that it needs to update but when I select to update, it closes NPS, shows the update window for a short moment and then starts the program again in the old version.

this thing is broken grrrrr.

obviously my device still isn't supported for the update :D

The initial update op the NPS software failed multiple times for me as well. Therefore I downloaded the latest NPS (1.4 IK1) from here:

http://www.samsungmobile.nl/support/softwa...areNpsUpdate.do

I did not try an older NPS version so I cannot confirm if that is your update problem.

Guest JeroenFransen
The initial update op the NPS software failed multiple times for me as well. Therefore I downloaded the latest NPS (1.4 IK1) from here:

I did not try an older NPS version so I cannot confirm if that is your update problem.

Did you already have Secany´s ROM flashed to it before official upgrade?

BTW Can you confirm this is what it looks like afterwards?

pda: b7610nxxik2

csc: b7610nxenik2

phone: b7610xxik1

Thxs, I just downloaded that version on my work pc running XP (home is Windows 7) and I still get the device is not supported.

Can't even try the old version here on XP because it crashed as soon as I tried to start NPS :D

I wonder if they will fix this or if some people like me and others i read from just won't get the update :/

I've also spotted WM6.5 update this morning on that page. Waiting for the evening when I am going to try it.

But the fight is not over yet. I still want the Samsung WM SDK to support B7610 ASAP :D