Getting a new phone, WM or iPhone?

Guest Zythyr

I am getting a new phone. Until now, I was using BJ2, and I loved it. I was useful for everything i needed so far. Yes it lacked some features like Wifi, etc...

But now I need help deciding if I should get another WM phone or iPhone and should it be a touch screen or not?

Some of my major concerns is that it should have the following:

-Threaded SMS (my BJ2 was running WM 6.1 and it had threaded SMS)

-Be able to sync with outlook

-Be able to backup my SMS, and call history to my computer

Any suggestions on what phone i should get?

Guest tacchan23

If you compare with iPhone, I guess for WM you should look at Samsung Omnia2 or HTC HD2

I mean, if you maybe plan to buy the iPhone why you even considering a non touch screen for WM?

Edited by tacchan23

Guest apemonkeyman
I am getting a new phone. Until now, I was using BJ2, and I loved it. I was useful for everything i needed so far. Yes it lacked some features like Wifi, etc...

But now I need help deciding if I should get another WM phone or iPhone and should it be a touch screen or not?

Some of my major concerns is that it should have the following:

-Threaded SMS (my BJ2 was running WM 6.1 and it had threaded SMS)

-Be able to sync with outlook

-Be able to backup my SMS, and call history to my computer

Any suggestions on what phone i should get?

I don't think you've given anywhere near enough info to be able to cut down the selection of phones that will suit you. Any of the current crop of WM phones will happily meet your stated requirements.

I am running an XDA Orbit 2 with WM6.5 ROM but I am thinking of upgrading because I want to be able to do things faster & pose/play a bit with an HD2. If all you want are basic functions then a smartphone of any kind is rather OTT.

Do you want to play games? Music? Video? Run spreadsheets? What's your budget?

You can do all of this (& much more) on either the Standard or Pro WM platforms so that bit is down to you own preference. Budget is the overriding issue I think as the cost of WM devices varies dramatically based on how much grunt the hardware of the phone has got.

Do you want to buy outright or subsidize with a contract?

HD2 or OmniaII is overkill for what you state you need it to do... but will give many hours of unbridled joy & superiority over iPhone muppets. :D

I don't really do music and videos and stuff...

But my major question is,

When I had BJ2 running WM 6.1, it put all the txt msg in one list for that one person. For example, all my sms conversations with John Appleseed would show up as a conversion.

Will other WM phones do this also?

Guest apemonkeyman
I don't really do music and videos and stuff...

But my major question is,

When I had BJ2 running WM 6.1, it put all the txt msg in one list for that one person. For example, all my sms conversations with John Appleseed would show up as a conversion.

Will other WM phones do this also?

Yes, WM6.5 allows conversation threading too. :D I think all WM phones from 6.1 onwards will have this option - you may have to enable it tho.

On the WM6.5 ROM I am using, under "Settings / System" there is an option labelled "Text Messaging" that allows you to set this.

My Orbit2 gets loads of use for providing music in the car & on slow days at work. Using a WM6.5 ROM has brought it new life. :P A single device for everything.

Guest wakei456

i recommended wm phone, :D ,i have a HTC smartphone last year,no matter in plane or in office,i can deal with all my ducuments any time .and do the things you like what required.it is worthy to have a phone like this.

that is the features:

Quad Band GSM

802.11g WiFi

MicroSD

3.2 Megapixel Camera

Bluetooth

Windows Mobile 6.1

MP3

Slider with QWERTY Keyboard

GPS.

and now the newest price is only 300$

http://www.ADVERTISING SPAM.com/searchdeals.php?...&ru=2860003

Guest ibuprofen

My last phone was a BJ2 also. And like you I wanted a phone with touch screen and wifi. I got the Omnia I910. Its a kickass phone! If you like "playing with windows" get this phone. If you just want to use a phone get iphone.

ps: the first 24 hrs with omnia i thought I had made a mistake, cuz typing on touchscreen is TOTALLY different then typing on solid keys. But I adapted :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest awarner (MVP)

The Omnia2 is a similar size to the iPhone and with the AMOLED screen it's hard to beat. The HD2 is slightly faster from what I have seen but I was comparing it at the time to my Omnia2 that had an older ROM. The only downside to the HD2 is the physical size, it's certainly not a device you could just carry around in your pocket all day.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jack Nixon
The Omnia2 is a similar size to the iPhone and with the AMOLED screen it's hard to beat. The HD2 is slightly faster from what I have seen but I was comparing it at the time to my Omnia2 that had an older ROM. The only downside to the HD2 is the physical size, it's certainly not a device you could just carry around in your pocket all day.

I would recommend the HTC Touch Pro2 - it has everything. The only problem is that it's on the large size ;-)

• 1 month later...

depend on what you need. ;) ;) ;)

if you are a true gamer. i think you should buy iphone. it has great 3D capability, a lot of great games.

you can find it at ***CENSORED BY MENNEISYYS ****

And of course this handheld are very expensive.

if you want office apps, all you need is WM. either omnia, or HTC with non-touchscreen or with qwerty.

Sorry for my bad English.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Menneisyys
depend on what you need. :) :) :)

if you are a true gamer. i think you should buy iphone. it has great 3D capability, a lot of great games.

you can find it at ***CENSORED BY MENNEISYYS ****

And of course this handheld are very expensive.

if you want office apps, all you need is WM. either omnia, or HTC with non-touchscreen or with qwerty.

Sorry for my bad English.

Do NOT post links to warez sites!