[WM6.5.3 DXID1] Stev's ROMs with M2Dv2 and OmniaLite apps

Guest Ste-V-illage

Guest blibblabblob

Just flashed with the bundled rom there and my first impressions are that its very fast and fluid and excellent startup screen! :D .... if this rom is stable i think i will settle with this one, i like the way everything is set up on this.

One of the things that annoyed me with all previous roms i tried was....when the alarm went off and i picked up the phone and it rotated....it would switch my alarm off......had to switch rotation off.

The alarm works fine on this rom, only small problem is that when i set my alarm...it still says its off on the home screen....although the alarm works just fine.

Looking forward to the finished product.

Cheers!

Guest z3ntn3l

It took over 3 hours to download that Rom for me (just because iam connected via totally overloaded UMTS Connection)

So here are my first thoughts on Bundle Rom:

Holy s*** this is really beautiful and fantastic smooth 'n fast!!! :) :) I Love It!

Timebomb: Seems to be fixed / patched ;)

OmniaLite Photo Album: I prefer HTC Album. Its very fast, nice to use and fits into M2D so iam very happy with the current Rom. :lol:

OmniaLite Keyboard: For me, it doesnt fit exactly into the 6.5.1 Layout and it isnt as good to use like the original Samsung i900 Keyboard (perfect Black skinned Version here) Sadly, its not possible to reinstall the original i900 Keyboard because of the cooked-in Lite-Keyboard. :D

HTC Clean Ram: Iam using the Omnia for a long time now and got some Roms in the past with Clean Ram cooked in. Never used it. :P

Start Menu: Its so damn nice and fast! :) But is it really needed to have the Directory from CSDevCtrl? Just some "optical" things...

Manila2D:Seems to be crashing somewhat often. Pagepool? Of course i "played" a lot with the System so maybe its because of that.

Kinetic Scrolling: Damn... Where is it? Scrolling in Messages & Co was so nice with it...

Finger Suite: Why not cooking this one in? I think it is a must have on WinMo.

This is a very nice Rom. Thank you very very much. :)

I will test it much more, this is only my first impression.

edit: Just installed YouTube. Still doesnt get recognized by M2D Internet Tab. Maybe you can upload your Youtube.cab?

Edited by z3ntn3l

Guest lordy1234
edit: Just installed YouTube. Still doesnt get recognized by M2D Internet Tab. Maybe you can upload your Youtube.cab?

Here it is! ;-) Just install to My Storage...

Btw. Is it possible to decrease the volume of the radio in the alarm? If its loud like that im scared to throw it against the wall tomorrow morning ;-D

youtube.CAB

Guest Coimbra988

wifi connection problems with wpa wpa2 ecc impossible to eliminate the option " Use IEEE 80231x network access. connection does not work.

otherwise excellent rom, I have installed the bundle version.

Just flashed with the bundled rom there and my first impressions are that its very fast and fluid and excellent startup screen! :D .... if this rom is stable i think i will settle with this one, i like the way everything is set up on this.

One of the things that annoyed me with all previous roms i tried was....when the alarm went off and i picked up the phone and it rotated....it would switch my alarm off......had to switch rotation off.

The alarm works fine on this rom, only small problem is that when i set my alarm...it still says its off on the home screen....although the alarm works just fine.

Looking forward to the finished product.

Cheers!

I hate the rotation mechanism on this phone, sometimes it will rotate and not go back or it takes too long. The best practice for me was to set it as my main menu button. Settings>personal>buttons>main menu ,assign as <Rotate Screen>, then you just easily press the button on the side when you need it to rotate back and forth for example texting in landscape mode.

Cheers

Hello Steven/everyone ;

A great effort-- thank you.

Compared to your earlier litepure, you've now made samsung file explorer default which is bad. How do i get ms file explorer back??

thanks again.dave

Guest Daro.UK

Ive played with FAT rom for a while. For me its seems a little bit slow, but that is not the biggest problem Ive had.

After a soft reset (not the first one), phone died :D There is Samsung logo at the begining, startup screen but no startup tune.After that step are just random bugs on screen. Phone is not responding for any buttons (including power). All what I can do is take out the battery. I hope that reflash will help.

Anyone had similar problem?

Darek

Ive played with FAT rom for a while. For me its seems a little bit slow, but that is not the biggest problem Ive had.

After a soft reset (not the first one), phone died :D There is Samsung logo at the begining, startup screen but no startup tune.After that step are just random bugs on screen. Phone is not responding for any buttons (including power). All what I can do is take out the battery. I hope that reflash will help.

Darek

Yep, reflash should do it. It happened to me this week.

What about battery life? Anybody could compare with wm 6.1?

Im using purelite rom and battery life is very good. Another good ROM is Nicklashidegard's ROM 23075 NEO is just as good with battery life.

As for 6.1 i supposed it depends on which ROM you were running.As for me I previously had an old ROM for the Australian market which was crap,slow and drained battery quick, it was so annoying watching the rest of the world getting regular updates. As for Australia Samsung turned their backs on us, but I suppose it was a good thing because it made me experiment with custom ROM's and I couldnt be any happier as I have a more advanced ROM than is currently on the market.

Happy flashing!

Guest ferdi11111

hi stev!

thanks for your hard work. Im using your roms for a while and yesterday I installed 23081 bundle testing version everything was good fast

but I have this issue :

Im connected internet with wifi or trough activesync but internet explorer opera doesnt open websites and it says `connection ended`

Guest jmsmartins
how to disable LOCK screen with slide touch and enable default windows LOCK ( example windows mobile 6.1 ) ??please help me

go to settings---lock---change default to classic

Guest jmsmartins

Darek

it happens to me whenever i flash rom from stev :s had to flash to another one

Darek

Me too, I flashed BUNDLE ROM two times, everytime I restart it looks like the phone is broken, It starts up and goes to the screen where you where when you restarted and there it freezes and everything looks f*cked up.

Edited by azoo

Guest Lunchbox77

hmmm the touch player freezes on update in purelite, any solution?

and to get back the original start logo without changing the theme, this wm7 looks goooood

Edited by Lunchbox77

Guest Ste-V-illage
I have the same problem as last time with this new rom (litepure). The system hangs when trying to write a sms and selecting samsung keyboard. It shows the white small unusable keyboard and switching hangs the system. Taking out battert and restarting show the basic home screen but with the small white keyboard and I can't do anything. Can't click or scroll. To bad, I like the samsung lite apps :D

So far it seems fixed. I reinstalled the samsung_keyboard.cab from Sector's post.

am i the only one having problems with purelite?????

I can't get it to work after i do a softreset... it crashes my omnia completely and i have to flash another rom. my phone version is DXID1 but i don't think that's a problem...

anyone????

THANKS

try hardreset.

How about an omnialite lockscreen, is this possible to port :P my english is bad :lol:

I dont have that lockscreen ;)

I just wish that the time it takes when you press reply to sms could be speed up a lot more. Its a joke that were almost in 2010 and 1 million different rom builds and it takes 7 seconds to open up to the message. I cant believe M$ hasnt fixed this till now.

Ive tried other 23502 roms and I can honestly say that I believe 23081 purelite is a lot quicker even after installing Neo titanium and other apps. Sector is even waiting for a more significant change before releasing another ROM as there hasnt been any big significant change from 23064.

maybe because Microsoft makes outlook to all the things so that it slow down.

Kinetic Scrolling: Damn... Where is it? Scrolling in Messages & Co was so nice with it...

Finger Suite: Why not cooking this one in? I think it is a must have on WinMo.

do you mind adding FToushSL in next rom?

adding FTouchSL and HTC.Menu.Enhancement.1.1 to my ROMs. Bug is that you need to launch File Explorer to fix htc.menu every softreset.

Just messing about with the back light......it does not seem very bright even when put to full....it seems to dim down again when you get back to the home screen.

"can some one help me with the download link for bundle rom"

http://rapidshare.com/files/301590514/WM6....BUNDLE.rar.html

it must be the backlight driver mod by pako777.

Hello Steven/everyone ;

A great effort-- thank you.

Compared to your earlier litepure, you've now made samsung file explorer default which is bad. How do i get ms file explorer back??

thanks again.dave

yes it's going back....At this time, create a shortcut to :MSFEXPLORE or \Windows\fexplore.exe

Edited by Ste-V-illage

Guest Ste-V-illage
hi stev!

thanks for your hard work. Im using your roms for a while and yesterday I installed 23081 bundle testing version everything was good fast

but I have this issue :

Im connected internet with wifi or trough activesync but internet explorer opera doesnt open websites and it says `connection ended`

I check on mine and it works just fine. Maybe you should have a look in setting » connection.

hmmm the touch player freezes on update in purelite, any solution?

and to get back the original start logo without changing the theme, this wm7 looks goooood

you have to ask jeffrey2000. it must be in registry, right jeffrey?

BTW, Adding FTouchSL and Htc Menu Enhancement 1.1 (still buggy). Most OmniaLite apps now switch screen to portrait when being launched, and not rotate while running. Midomi now black (better graphic than the white). Release later :D

plop all,

i have play with the bundle rom today.

it look pretty good but some bug's are too big to use it daily.

- first activesync can't be setup from a PC, i have to setup manually in activesync. (i use an exchange server)

- i haven't any display in M2D2 of missed calls.

- bundle rom not be very fast and M2D slide freeze sometime.

- last and serious for me : can't add any apps in launcher tab, when a tap on a square to add an apps, i see in the list only 5 or 6 apps and i don't see all apps that are in the start menu or that i have installed.

despite this trouble this is a good base for a great rom :D

Guest Ste-V-illage
plop all,

i have play with the bundle rom today.

it look pretty good but some bug's are too big to use it daily.

- first activesync can't be setup from a PC, i have to setup manually in activesync. (i use an exchange server)

- i haven't any display in M2D2 of missed calls.

- bundle rom not be very fast and M2D slide freeze sometime.

- last and serious for me : can't add any apps in launcher tab, when a tap on a square to add an apps, i see in the list only 5 or 6 apps and i don't see all apps that are in the start menu or that i have installed.

despite this trouble this is a good base for a great rom :D

M2D doesnt display missed call on Homescreen (i miss that too) but you can check missed call from taskbar. Try to hardreset. M2D would work normally.