Wifi problem

Guest Wolf1975

The WiFi went missing on me 3 times. 1st i hard reset which is the only way i know and i lost the apps and files. i then bough Spb Back to prevent losing them if it strikes again.

and sure enough it did after 1 month. this time i do a backup of everything excetp contacts, emails, and storage card. and the soft restart of Spb Backup (NOT hard reset) bought back the wifi.

the third time the WiFi went missing, which was about 3 days ago, the same Spb Backup soft restart after backing up did the job of bringing back the WiFi again. saved me the trouble of even the need to restore my device.

hope this is helpful.

• 1 month later...
Guest Del1701

Well Ive had the same problems with wifi dissapearing from the connections manager and like all of you I tried soft reseting with sktools and psxshut, also turning my phone off nd on again but like some have said it's a lottory if it comes back.

What I have found though is that if you soft reset with the button under the back cover it comes back every time so far for me, I hope this helps some of you guys.

Guest meabigbaldguy

Hi folks, this isn't a pipe dream that we're all having. There certainly is some strange phenomena happening here. I'm sure there's an explanation for it - be it an intentional occurrence, or not. I'm inclined to believe that this isn't an intentional thing because I have a brand new O2, two weeks old, and right out of the box. To date, I've not installed any custom ROMs, UI's, or otherwise - and I'm having this exact same problem.

I've actually started a similar thread in which a couple of people with the same problem have replied with a possible solution. It's called WiFiprofiles by Rstein. See my post for information about where to find this...http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-verizon-sch-i920-omnia-ii-http-i8000-modaco-com/302121/wifi-issue/. So far it works for me.

You must install the CAB, run the program, set the DHCP to YES, and then apply the profile. This will enable WIFI in the comm manager, but you will have to go directly to Wifi manager to turn it on, before it will once again function, also become operable in Comm Manager. Also too, you must give it a couple of seconds before it detects the network. In addition, you will have to run Wifiprofiles when you want to use your Wifi connection, but at least it appears to work consistently now.

Edited by meabigbaldguy

• 3 months later...
Guest tothezenith

I too had this same issue... one of those posts mentioned about recently installed apps giving issues. So I thought I try a little process that seems to have worked for me so far - 2 days on, multiple connections and no probs.

I knew my problem related to the install of SPB TV, because I hadn't had any WiFi connection problems prior to installing it.

So after refering here, I uninstalled SPB TV and rebooted... low and behold I had WiFi back again.

So I left WiFi connected while I re-installing SPB TV.

SPB TV worked great, I shut it down, re-booted and tried WiFi again... that worked, and it's been working ever since.

Might just be "one of those things" but it worked for me :P