[APP][KEYBD]EzInput Keyboard on i8000

Original Message:

Hi guys,

I did not liked the Samsung keyboard as it was quite inaccurate so i decided to try EzInput as it looked good and easy to use.

However, every version i installed led to a unbootable device needing me to hard reset the whole phone. If anyone can link me to a better keyboard or how to use ezinput keyboard on i8000 it will be appreciated. Thanks :D

This is a thread dedicated to just EzInput on i8000. Any updates should be posted here. Thanks

People involved :

jermx

rodrigofd - based on what he said in another thread about posting a cab for EzInput

EgOrus

sorg - helped abit

Tylwith

Current Status 28 Nov :

Working 1.5 EzInput + XT9

Instruction:

Install ext9 version 2.0 from this thread.

eT92.0

eT92.1

To Change Language:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9]

"DefaultLanguage"=dword:00000109

0107 - DE

0109 - EN

010A - ES

010C - FR

0110 - IT

0119 - RU

Install the touch it Blackstone keyboard.(credit to itje from xda)

working perfectly no problem with camera or sound button.

http://rapidshare.com/files/160398530/Touc...ne_Keyboard.zip

Edited by jermx

Guest monyozt
Actually it booted but after the samsung screen it went blank instead of orange windows phone splash screen

same here... maybe u can ask mr.srog. he use ezinput from HTC Topaz ezInput SIP (English/Russian)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40923index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40924

i think the problem is that ezInput you install, makes itself default input method. But sisnce files are not signed by trusted certificate, device refuses to load it and then hangs.

One solution is after installing this keyboard and BEFORE restart device, run some system utility which is able to set default input keyboard (i think SKTools can) and set IM back to samsung. Then you will able to restart device.

Another way is to make your own certificate, import it into device and sign all dll/exe of ezInput by this certificate. After that you may use this keyboard as default.

Guest tacchan23
i think the problem is that ezInput you install, makes itself default input method. But sisnce files are not signed by trusted certificate, device refuses to load it and then hangs.

One solution is after installing this keyboard and BEFORE restart device, run some system utility which is able to set default input keyboard (i think SKTools can) and set IM back to samsung. Then you will able to restart device.

Another way is to make your own certificate, import it into device and sign all dll/exe of ezInput by this certificate. After that you may use this keyboard as default.

I couldn't find the option in SKtools to set default input method (and I am too noob for the other way ehehe)

Anyway it seems easy to change it by registry key, some links: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/06/24/c...ter-soft-reset/ and http://www.mobinauts.com/topic/45727-how-t...t-input-method/

I'll try it after flashing to new room^^

same here... maybe u can ask mr.srog. he use ezinput from HTC Topaz ezInput SIP (English/Russian)

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40923index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=40924

isn`t this...windows mobile 6.5.1 with touchwiz 2.0's message inbox? Its on a omnia (1) or omnia 2? o.O

Guest tacchan23

I decided to try it^^

But even after changing the dafult imput method to another keyboard before resetting, still had the same problem as the other posters... after the samsung screen it went blank instead of orange windows phone splash screen

Maybe it also depends on the version of ezInput? I tried these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486227

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536215

Edited by tacchan23

Guest monyozt
I decided to try it^^

But even after changing the dafult imput method to another keyboard before resetting, still had the same problem as the other posters... after the samsung screen it went blank instead of orange windows phone splash screen

Maybe it also depends on the version of ezInput? I tried these:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=486227

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=536215

someone said that requires sdkcert first before installing ezinput. don't know that its true or not

sdkcerts.cab

Guest tacchan23
someone said that requires sdkcert first before installing ezinput. don't know that its true or not

Tried it now... same as before, need to Hard Reset again :D

that's Mr.Sorg own ROM bro... it's OMNIA 2 :D

wow...pro cooker. sad his not ready to share his roms yet.

He can cook without a kitchen... o.O

Edited by Kel-

Guest tacchan23
Tried it now... same as before, need to Hard Reset again :D

Could it depend also on the ezInput build I used? lazy to try them all now and hard reset too oftenXD

actually, main reason in HTC keyboard is cursor keys.

It's silly, I8000 doesn't have cursor buttons and even soft keyboard hasn't them too.

It's hard to type without it.

Hope samsung will fix this.

Guest tacchan23

The fact that changing the defult imput keyboard makes the phone crash anyway on startup, also means that making own certifacate wouldn't work? (not that I know how to do that... but just in caseXD)

ezInput requires XT9 IME driver. i'm not sure if it required to be signed or not.

But certificate should fix all problems.

I think, you can search already made cab with ezInput on xda-developers.com

ezInput requires XT9 IME driver. i'm not sure if it required to be signed or not.

But certificate should fix all problems.

I think, you can search already made cab with ezInput on xda-developers.com

But i though we were already using made cab for our ezInput ? Is the another kind ? Please link if anyone knows . Together we can make our omnia II a better phone

Guest tacchan23
But i though we were already using made cab for our ezInput ? Is the another kind ? Please link if anyone knows . Together we can make our omnia II a better phone

yeah, all my attempts above (and problems) were done with various cabs from xda-developers... no luck for me :D

And just a question off topic, how to make your own custom ROM for omnia II ? as in what to edit and what are the current problems faced. I'm a student and during my holidays which started yesterday i would like to learn more about ROMs and windows mobile. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
The fact that changing the defult imput keyboard makes the phone crash anyway on startup, also means that making own certifacate wouldn't work? (not that I know how to do that... but just in caseXD)

Ohh. Does anyone know how to make cert for O2 ? Perhaps we could sign the .cab file and get the EzImput on our phones