Point UI Phone (beta) demoed in video

Guest l3v5y

Those of you that use the wonderful UI replacement Point UI will probably know of this already, but the PointUI developers are now working on Point UI Phone.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

In my view it's "interesting" with some slightly garish colours, but it could well turn out to be as great as Point UI Home is.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344">

What are your views on this? Is it something you'd be interested in using?

The beta is available from here. (and the colour scheme is a lot less garish! :D)

Guest deadphill

OMG, this looks awful. Aside from the Fisher Price look, the screen does not respond to finger movements, it looks AWFUL, and is just a horrible pixelization over what is already the phone dialler.

Not for me I'm afraid!!!

Cheers

Phill

Amen Deadphill. Damn that's ugly! :D Glad I'm on Android. Don't port it!

It's slightly less horrible in practice (it's a shade of blue rather than orange) but it's not that easy to use, and isn't very smooth either. The HTC phone pad is a lot easier!

Guest Tomchap
It's slightly less horrible in practice (it's a shade of blue rather than orange) but it's not that easy to use, and isn't very smooth either. The HTC phone pad is a lot easier!

Oh dear what have the point UI guys done? This looks seriously horrible and ugly!

Guest awarner (MVP)

What were they thinking of when they created that? it's almost as if they were on some bizare drug trip.

The idea is interesting but the interface looks so ugly that to be honest has put me off ever looking at that application again.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.