PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Hey, don`t give up, theres alot of supporters out there waiting for you peeps to pack the nb0 file. I`m just hoping those with the knowledge will share, the community issnt as bad as you think!

Guest Khuanchai
Fully agree with your statements. Repacking is the key issue right now. Weisun@PDAClan had released some hints regarding changing the nb0 file size to pass the MBR test. If you need any further information, I can help to translate between you and him. He is also very warm hearted but I am not sure he can speak English or not.

Already tried that but failed. I probably made wrong steps because his instructions were brief and difficult to follow.

Hey, don`t give up, theres alot of supporters out there waiting for you peeps to pack the nb0 file. I`m just hoping those with the knowledge will share, the community issnt as bad as you think!

I have been around here for 3 years, very happy especially with the Omnia forum. Never feel this bad before.

Guest WAIKIKI728

I have been around here for 3 years, very happy especially with the Omnia forum. Never feel this bad before.

Hey Kuanchai...don´t loose your hope...

Take your time...i am sure there will be a solution soon!!!

P.D.:Thanks by heart for your hard work with all the omnia roms... :)

Guest monyozt

i just hope that mr. srog want to share to us, especially chief... "how to make custom rom"

FYI:atm mr.srog only the one who successfully applied his OMNIA II with custom ROM WM 6.5.1

i just hope that mr. srog want to share to us, especially chief... "how to make custom rom"

FYI:atm mr.srog only the one who successfully applied his OMNIA II with custom ROM WM 6.5.1

Sorg should also think of more convincing somehow, to help us in this problem. :)

Has Sorg really cooked OMNIA II Rom? I can only see references to "reconstructed from cubic37.mli" Roms, which in my opinion (I haven't used any of his roms yet) is just extracted eboot and pda.nb0 from the cubic37.mli file. If anyone has used his roms maybe they can say what is different in them from standard Samsung rom? More memory? Which applications have been removed or added? Are they WM6.5.1 or just the same WM version that everybody has? If if has all the same applications and nothing new added it is just the same rom that we all have, I think. I wish I was wrong, because then we knew that someone has managed to cook a custom rom and there is a hope for us to get a custom rom cooked by others too, but so far I haven't seen a proof of that. Sorry Sorg, correct me if I am wrong.

Guest mattb777
Has Sorg really cooked OMNIA II Rom? I can only see references to "reconstructed from cubic37.mli" Roms, which in my opinion (I haven't used any of his roms yet) is just extracted eboot and pda.nb0 from the cubic37.mli file. If anyone has used his roms maybe they can say what is different in them from standard Samsung rom? More memory? Which applications have been removed or added? Are they WM6.5.1 or just the same WM version that everybody has? If if has all the same applications and nothing new added it is just the same rom that we all have, I think. I wish I was wrong, because then we knew that someone has managed to cook a custom rom and there is a hope for us to get a custom rom cooked by others too, but so far I haven't seen a proof of that. Sorry Sorg, correct me if I am wrong.

To clear this up, Sorg hasnt posted his "cooked" rom, he's only posted official reconstructed ones. The "cooked" rom everyone is talking about comes from screenshots Sorg posted on another topic - Show Us Your Display. For all we know these could be photoshop mock-ups as we actually have no proof of the rom, yet i guess everyone wants to believe..

Personally, I'm waiting for a proper chef like Khuanchai or many others to deliver their expert knowledge, and not just a couple of screenshots we don't even know are real.

Just my 2 cents on the whole thing

+1000000

Actually, you can get eboot and pda.nb0 from the cubic37.mli file by using Pako777's i900_executor.

I have also try flashing using the pda.nb0 extracted using Pako777's tool from cubic37.mli, it was successful. I believe sorg used that to extract the files 2 .

Guest monyozt
Actually, you can get eboot and pda.nb0 from the cubic37.mli file by using Pako777's i900_executor.

I have also try flashing using the pda.nb0 extracted using Pako777's tool from cubic37.mli, it was successful. I believe sorg used that to extract the files 2 .

wow really? so u mean already extract and try flash the file? are you sure successfull flash using file from extracted file?

mr khuanchai say "sorg said we have to replace the cubic37.mli's header with a correct header for Octans (256 bytes) and edit the file size, sector, and checksum. This can be done by hex editor."

wow really? so u mean already extract and try flash the file? are you sure successfull flash using file from extracted file?

mr khuanchai say "sorg said we have to replace the cubic37.mli's header with a correct header for Octans (256 bytes) and edit the file size, sector, and checksum. This can be done by hex editor."

The only thing with doing it, is that, it is like using the roms provided by Secany. You don't change anything, you don't remove any applications that you don't want to free up some memory or add some others that you want to have. So until someone works out how to reassamble pda.nb0 we can't get 'lite' roms or any cooked roms. Some people are angry (or should I say not happy) that sorg doesn't want to help, but I think, that it is not that he doesn't want to help, but he doesn't know any more than for example khuanchai who cooked plenty of roms for Omnia I900. Sorg helped with things that he new about, he reconstructed roms from .mli (which some people use), he modified Octans exe to make it easier to flash and provided a guide for flashing on Windows 7. So he is not really a bad guy here... I think.

Guest sys_error
The only thing with doing it, is that, it is like using the roms provided by Secany. You don't change anything, you don't remove any applications that you don't want to free up some memory or add some others that you want to have. So until someone works out how to reassamble pda.nb0 we can't get 'lite' roms or any cooked roms. Some people are angry (or should I say not happy) that sorg doesn't want to help, but I think, that it is not that he doesn't want to help, but he doesn't know any more than for example khuanchai who cooked plenty of roms for Omnia I900. Sorg helped with things that he new about, he reconstructed roms from .mli (which some people use), he modified Octans exe to make it easier to flash and provided a guide for flashing on Windows 7. So he is not really a bad guy here... I think.

Oh please! There is no need for you to defend him or suck up to him here. We are only human, let us judge him ourselves.

Guest andylyf

Hi Wes, does sucking Sorg's KKJ makes him give u custom roms?

:) :D :D

Hi Wes, does sucking Sorg's KKJ makes him give u custom roms?

:) :D :D

I don't think I am doing this. I am simply saying that neither sorg or anyone else has made (or know how to make) OMNIA II custom roms yet. It's only people on the forum that made him an OMNIA II rom 'cook' but I don't believe he is one... yet. If he was able to make a custom rom he would make it available to others simply to get some appreciation from others. I guess if he can't do it he should have said that, but that's what human's vanity is. 

When we get tools (software) and more knowledge about structure of OMNIA II roms we will get custom roms. I have been on this forum since the begining of OMNIA (I900) and saw how it has developed. We got some tools and information from Chinese forums and the cooks started to learn and make custom roms. And with a time more cooks have appeared, some more successful than others. I hope that, it will happen for OMNIA II as well... soon.

Guest tacchan23
I am simply saying that neither sorg or anyone else has made (or know how to make) OMNIA II custom roms yet. It's only people on the forum that made him an OMNIA II rom 'cook' but I don't believe he is one... yet. If he was able to make a custom rom he would make it available to others simply to get some appreciation from others. I guess if he can't do it he should have said that, but that's what human's vanity is.

I don't think Sorg is lieing to us as you seem to think... he himslef said he cooked a WM 6.5.1 rom and posted the screenshots of it. And he also said he's not willing to share it nor the knowladge on how to do that. Of course I don't agree with it, but I guess everyone is free to do what they want...

Guest MasterPanda

Here is the latest news.

Gigges in kingmobile has successfully flashed the rom without some samsung applications.

The rom is made by the method of weisun.

Here is the screenshot.

now he wants

1.something to replace samsung mms.

2.how to separate the camera groupware from the official rom.

3.how to separate the dial tab.

4.any other groupware can be separated from the official rom.

if you can deal with the above problems, please upload your cab files.

Thank you, guys.

post-600662-1258098887_thumb.jpg

post-600662-1258099017_thumb.jpg

Edited by MasterPanda

Guest bobobird

I dont agree with sorg but I respect his wishes. What he is prepared to do for this community, he has.

So please stop all these immature and absolutely pointless posts. They wont get you anywhere!!!

As masterpanda has shown in the above post, it can be done and has been by others so just be patient.

It took for a while for the custom stuff for the i900, the O2 will also get done sooner or later.

Guest scegli1nick2
Here is the latest news.

Gigges in kingmobile has successfully flashed the rom without some samsung applications.

The rom is made by the method of weisun.

Here is the screenshot.

Wow looks a great amount of free memory.. I hope a Rom with wm6.5 without all the bundle programs, I think it would be great..

Also if I'm seriously thinking that Symbian 5edt is better than Wm.. It natively supports FPU, 24 bit colors, and also advanced memory page out in external memory so you can really have a multitasking without careing about of how much free memory you have..

but sorry for out topic guys.. :)

Guest MaliciousKen

Maybe we should ask Gigges in kingmobile for a guide on how to pack everything to a flashable file. This would really facilitate Khuanchai and other chefs to help us custom a lite rom.

Guest Wilson@China
Maybe we should ask Gigges in kingmobile for a guide on how to pack everything to a flashable file. This would really facilitate Khuanchai and other chefs to help us custom a lite rom.

He had mentioned that he was followed Weisun's instruction strictly. I believe Khuanchai is facing some difficulties only caused by misunderstanding due to language issue, not the instruction problem.

Gigges@Kingmobile is asking for help to identify each application related information, such as files, registry values, dependencies and etc. I do believe this "sorting" action will takes the most of time for the first time. Once all applicatons had been identified, the ROM can be customized based on a "vanilla" version very easily. And seems the existing Kitchen is still working with I8000 ROM, only some tools need to be modified a little bit to cater for the "huge" folder size.

Guest forelli
what's up! :)

?Hey Sector, nce to see you here! Want to join the efforts in cooking an Omnia 2 rom? Needless to say that your help will be more than welcome! Thanks again for all the very good roms you provided and still provide :D

Guest tacchan23
?Hey Sector, nce to see you here! Want to join the efforts in cooking an Omnia 2 rom? Needless to say that your help will be more than welcome! Thanks again for all the very good roms you provided and still provide :)

He's getting a HD2. I guess he doesn't care about gloves and no stylus :D