PDAclan has cooking information!!

Guest powser

Guest Pako777

As soon as there will be a kitchen, able to work with OS.nb i8000 then I will include it in new version executor (while problems at assembling from dump with ImgfsFromDump, ImgfsToNb. Packing from packages did not look at all)

ps.. i am afraid that sorg to you will give nothing from the kitchen since he trades on it only..

Edited by Pako777

Guest forelli
As soon as there will be a kitchen, able to work with OS.nb i8000 then I will include it in new version executor (while problems at assembling from dump with ImgfsFromDump, ImgfsToNb. Packing from packages did not look at all)

ps.. i am afraid that sorg to you will give nothing from the kitchen since he trades on it only..

Hey Pako, how are you? Did I get you properly, sorg is making money with his kitchen?

Guest Khuanchai
Here is the latest news.

Gigges in kingmobile has successfully flashed the rom without some samsung applications.

The rom is made by the method of weisun.

Here is the screenshot.

now he wants

1.something to replace samsung mms.

2.how to separate the camera groupware from the official rom.

3.how to separate the dial tab.

4.any other groupware can be separated from the official rom.

if you can deal with the above problems, please upload your cab files.

Thank you, guys.

That's great news indeed. As I said it's just a matter of time. Many great programmers are around. The only problem is most of them like to play with HTC than i8000. :)

I'd like someone who can speak chinese to ask for Gigges' help. What we really need is the steps of packing ROM to flash. Does he also use Octans downloader to flash or another flasher?

For sorg, I think he could really cook i8000 ROM. I respect his talent as the first person to make i8000 ROM. We need person like him to help the community. Please don't blame him on his decision. It's just a matter of time as well that he will finally give his hand on.

Guest tacchan23
I'd like someone who can speak chinese to ask for Gigges' help. What we really need is the steps of packing ROM to flash. Does he also use Octans downloader to flash or another flasher?

Hope some of the chinese speaking friends here will be able to help you:)

That's great news indeed. As I said it's just a matter of time. Many great programmers are around. The only problem is most of them like to play with HTC than i8000. :D

For sorg, I think he could really cook i8000 ROM. I respect his talent as the first person to make i8000 ROM. We need person like him to help the community. Please don't blame him on his decision. It's just a matter of time as well that he will finally give his hand on.

i'm chinese and am offering u my service :) , although, i dont know nothing about cooking. but from what i understood, Gigges extracted a china Unicom's branded .EXE ROM, i believe that he used Octan to flash his phone and he was trying hard on editing most of the contents and registries manually. coz the extracted ROM's contents is 400+ MB large and 200-300 MB is from samsung, can imagine how difficult that would be to cook custom ROM. let me know if there is anything that i can do.

Guest forelli
... For sorg, I think he could really cook i8000 ROM. I respect his talent as the first person to make i8000 ROM. We need person like him to help the community. Please don't blame him on his decision. It's just a matter of time as well that he will finally give his hand on.

The voice of wisdom has spoken. Let's wait until sorg notice that we're not after him or his work, and then he'll come to better feeling, namely to a "sharing" attitude. Community, we'll have our custom roms with wm 6.5.1, maybe for christmas, would be a nice present wouldn't it?

@Khuanchai

i just sent a PM to Gigges at kingmobile regarding the Qs that u listed above, hopefully he could share all the info with us. and i also invited him to come over to our forum and give us a giudeline on how to make custom ROM. let us pray :)

i am afraid that sorg to you will give nothing from the kitchen since he trades on it only..

Am I trading? If you have no evidence (and u won't) then don't spread bullshit!

Guest Pako777
Am I trading? If you have no evidence (and u won't) then don't spread bullshit!

I partially translate Russian into English by means of the translator of PROMT. I wished to tell not "sale", but "use" ... так что не надо Сорг делать из мухи слона (.. so it is not necessary Sorg to make a mountain out of a molehill .. )

Guest Tranceh

thanks to all of you trying to make this happen!! From Khuanchai to the translators. Your efforts should be regarded as a standard in this community.

And my 2 cents about sorg: get your head out of your ass man. Yes we got it, you're the only one who was able to cook a 6.5.1 ROM for Omnia 2, master of universe and whatnot. Lame stuff man...

Sorry if these were too harsh words towards an apparently respected member of this community, but I had to let it out after reading the whole thread.

Guest monyozt
thanks to all of you trying to make this happen!! From Khuanchai to the translators. Your efforts should be regarded as a standard in this community.

And my 2 cents about sorg: get your head out of your ass man. Yes we got it, you're the only one who was able to cook a 6.5.1 ROM for Omnia 2, master of universe and whatnot. Lame stuff man...

Sorry if these were too harsh words towards an apparently respected member of this community, but I had to let it out after reading the whole thread.

bro please don't blame everyone here. especially mr srog.. as khuanchai said, respect his decision :)

Guest Tranceh
bro please don't blame everyone here. especially mr srog.. as khuanchai said, respect his decision :)

I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I'm just saying I personally find his attitude very bad. Yes I do respect his decision to not help/share but I do not respect at all the way he decided to do it. He didn't even say why he does not want to share. Okay maybe he has his reasons, but don't stroll around showing off that YOU are the only one who can do it. That's all I'm saying. Maybe he has a bigger ego than he can handle.

k enough off-topic. Looking forward for a 1st cooked ROM. Keep it up guys.

Guest monyozt
I'm not blaming anyone for anything. I'm just saying I personally find his attitude very bad. Yes I do respect his decision to not help/share but I do not respect at all the way he decided to do it. He didn't even say why he does not want to share. Okay maybe he has his reasons, but don't stroll around showing off that YOU are the only one who can do it. That's all I'm saying. Maybe he has a bigger ego than he can handle.

because many 'rude' peoples here... the more he give the more peoples want.. as i remember that the reasons. CMIIW

one think you should know, mr srog and secany for upload some ROM for us... you must know that also.. so please respect and keep your personal opinion by your self, because many people has different point of view...

ok back to topic please... :)

Guest bobobird

hey pako, long time no see....

about sorg - have said it numerous times already - it is his choice.

if members wish to behave childlike and immature and are bad mouthing him simply because he wont let you play with his toys then it is not his problem, it is your. so just grow up...

Guest bobobird

hey pako, long time no see....

about sorg - have said it numerous times already - it is his choice.

if members wish to behave childlike and immature and are bad mouthing him simply because he wont let you play with his toys then it is not his problem, it is your. so just grow up...

and cooks, helpers all - great job. cant wait to start testing the new roms.

we are after all members of the FAA (flashaholics anonymous). some moving over from the i900 branch and many new ones too. haha

Guest tacchan23
There is a custom rom out at kingmobile, it's based on I3 Chinese.

There isn't much change, but still it's the FIRST REAL CUSTOM ROM!

Good news:) who released it? Gigges? hope he will reply to Lancez request! :)

Thought I'd give a translation for those interested :)

It's not by giggles, it's by Doraemon, or 多啦爱梦.

From DORAEMON in kingmobile, Original Thread

This can be regarded as a technical demo. It is based off I3 Rom. It is 30MB smaller than the original.

What's removed:

1. Opera, defaults to IE now.

2. Samsung Card Scanner

3. Media Player

4. Digital Frame

5. Samsung Widgets

What's added:

1. Registry Editor

2. Minesweeper game

VPyr3%20M0PXw

VPyr3%20M0PXw

Edited by powser

Guest InvalidCast

you have the right not to be agree with him, but it is his right to do what he wants and to not explain why he does this or that.

and he has the right not to care about people talking to him like this:

get your head out of your ass man

maybe his head is better there, at least there he don't hear all the things you say :)

Let's not talk about Sorg anymore. It's a thing of the past. The first real custom rom is out, so there's no need to mention sorg when it comes to custom roms anymore.

Just my 2 cents :)

Guest tacchan23
Let's not talk about Sorg anymore. It's a thing of the past. The first real custom rom is out, so there's no need to mention sorg when it comes to custom roms anymore.

Just my 2 cents :D

What they talking about in Kingmobile now? any plans to release a more detailed guide or making some english ROM? :D

There are times when I wish I would have studied more languages :)