HTC HD2 monster walkthrough

Guest PaulOBrien

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">Yesterday I decided to set up my camcorder and record a walkthrough of the HTC HD2, which I know lots of people are excited about... and here it is! :D

It kinda turned into a rather epic video coming in at just under 45 minutes! I DARE you to watch it all the way through, hah!

A few random highlights...

The video is also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkIJdG2brU.

The HD2 is available from devicewire for £499.99 or from eXpansys for £499.99 with £30 of vouchers, both shipping 13th November.

The HD2 will also shortly be available on O2 and Vodafone from mobiles.co.uk as well as from T-Mobile direct.

P

Guest GodsGift

Paul,

Thanks for that informative video ... just watched it all on my omnia over a pint in my local establishment.

Very thorough review.

Cheers,

Duncan

Guest it_ferret

Excellent hands on review. A couple of questions

Does it have etiquette pause built in? turn the phone over while ringing and it mutes?

Can you demonstarte when the phone is ringing once picked it up it mutes the ringtone?

Last but no means least would you get rid of the Hero for one of these?

I know personal preferance it comes down to but saying that both phones do what you want then which would it be? If you had to choose between the two?

Cheers for the excellent website. Mick :D

Guest Haakon37

Thank you for a very good review. I have a question about the weather application. In my old htc hd you can choose from some few cities in each and every country. HD2 uses the GPS to locate where you are. But how detailed does it change location name. Any parameters it takes in consideration.

Guest frostmourne

hi there, firstly thanks for your awesome monster preview!

anyway a question here, around 14:19, when you are choosing between the keyboards, there another expandable selection says 'English'. Is that the input language? If so, what other input languages does your HD2 support. A screen shot would be nice

Cheers

Edited by frostmourne

Guest Perfectionist

No 2nd Camera for Video Calls

No TV Tuner

No FM Transmitter

No DLNA

No Built-in Storage Memory (32GB!)

Not enough Hard Keys for Gaming !!

But it's still pretty frikkin SWEET !! :)

Guest SilentBob

I have just realised that from all the video reviews that I have seen of the HD2, I have not noticed a "Programs" tab in TF3D/Sense.

Does it no longer have a programs tab? Do you have to use the WM6.5 start menu?

Or is it just hidden by default & possible to unhide?

I have just realised that from all the video reviews that I have seen of the HD2, I have not noticed a "Programs" tab in TF3D/Sense.

Does it no longer have a programs tab? Do you have to use the WM6.5 start menu?

Or is it just hidden by default & possible to unhide?

AFAIK it's gone...

P

Guest dr_nick

thanks paul - just watched all the way through (in two sittings though!) - and no i want one...

only another 6months before i'm allowed an upgrade... :)

dr_nick

Guest SilentBob
only another 6months before i'm allowed an upgrade... :D

I'd love one of these too. But I entered into a 24 month contract to get my HD. Oh the "joys" of exclusivity! Just a year left. :D

Looks like I'll have to settle for a Leo ROM for now, and hope that when my contract is up, not only will there be a better successor to the HD2, but it'll also run WM7!!!

If only it was possible to part-ex! :)

Guest Som30ne
Yesterday I decided to set up my camcorder and record a walkthrough of the HTC HD2, which I know lots of people are excited about... and here it is! :)

The video is also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkIJdG2brU.

The HD2 is available from devicewire for £499.99 or from eXpansys for £499.99 with £30 of vouchers, both shipping 13th November.

The HD2 will also shortly be available on O2 and Vodafone from mobiles.co.uk as well as from T-Mobile direct.

P

Hi Paul.

The walkthru you performed was . . . well, pretty much left me speechless :-)

Yet, there is a particular issue I would like to see, which is - the use of Excel with this device (and other "legacy" Windows Mobile Apps).

The main reason Im in the market for a device, is more for a powerful PDA with the benefit of connectivity,

and less for a Phone.

My situation is that I have an older PDA with resistive screen of-course.

This PDA had many Excel files which I use and update regularly.

These files are configured to show as much information as possible on the screen so

as a result the cells dimentiones are about is about 2milimeters in height and about 6milimeters in width.

I would like to see how many cells with this size can be seen at once on the screen - With and without the on-screen keyboard -

and more importantly - if a single cell can be selected, and how easy it is to select a cell

(since there is no stylus, and my fingers are larger than 2 milimeters).

On my current PDA, when the Keyboard is displayed - you can see 11 cells per height

and W/O keyboard you can see 18 cells per height (in portrait position).

The screen is a 3.7"(diag) 640X480 pixels (~7.5centimeters in height).

The bottom line is -

I would like to see how many 2X6mm cells can be seen on the HTC HD2 with and without the keyboard,

and if a cell can be selected easily.

Many thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.