I8000NXXIJC

Guest sorg

Hello,

i have updated my Omnia to IK2. After restart I couldn't found the option to activate TouchWiz.

Then I flashed it to IJC... but also there I can't find the TochWiz in options-menu...

Has anyone an idea how I can active TouchWiz?

Yes you can, see this post http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...d-programs-faq/ look for Tachhan23 's post and download the settings menu cab. Install to phone, activate Touchwiz which will appear in the menu, activate whatever you want menu etc, then uninstall the program it otherwise the Lock Screen option will be continued to be disabled. Touchwiz will no longer be an option however the Start key will take you to the Samsung menu/programs selection rather than the wm6.5. To disable it again, you have to re install the settings cab again.

Guest cool_fhatz86

Hello Sorg, i'm alfhatz from philipines, i want to ask what is the correct CSC in our region.

here's my current device version:

PDA: I8000XXIJC

CSC: I8000XEUIJC

PHONE: I8000DXIH2

but i have no problem with this combinations, i just want to flash CSC in correct region.

and one more question. is it ok to flash PHONE to IJC?

thanks in advance..

Guest JohnNy_

What's with the eboot? Do i realy need it or will my omnia be faster, because i heard it's safer to skip the eboot :|

Currently on:

PDA: I8000NXIJC

CSC: I8000DBTIK2

PHONE: I8000XXIK2

Guest tropolite

Thanx Sorg... appreciate your work, including your guide on using Win7 for flashing.

Finally got the chance to update my O2 to the IJC ROM... very nice.

Only flashed the PDA and CSC, (left the phone and eboot as I've had no issue with these). Used my netbook HP Mininote Win7 to do the upgrading.

After a bit of playing, installed my other apps and utilities - no trouble with anything...

Very happy with the IJC ROM... seems very stable and usable (went from my original WinMo6.1 to this ROM because I was waiting for WinMo 6.5).

I'll stick with this until something else major makes its mark, such as 6.5.1 down the track.

Cheers

Here is another official Samsung's ROM.

Since some people have problems with IJD/IJE ROM, may be this version will work better for them.

CSC_I8000NXXIJC.CSC and Eboot_I8000NXXIJC_HW_40.eb0:

http://rapidshare.com/files/303714888/CSC_...I8000NXXIJC.rar

PDA_I8000NXXIJC_HW_40.MST:

http://rapidshare.com/files/303679071/PDA_...XXIJC.part1.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/303709379/PDA_...XXIJC.part2.rar

You don't have to flash CSC and/or EBoot.

You may use other CSC, or don't flash it at all.

That's why PDA part has been uploaded separately.

Hi, Mr. Sorg. Thank you for sharing this version of the wm6.5 to us. I have downloaded part1 and part2 and I only intended to flash the PDA part. However, after I use your Octans mini and flashed, all I get is French language and no more English language. It does not allow me to choose English. can you tell me what I am doing wrong. Thank you very much.. pls kindly help me.

Guest angkung
Hello Sorg, i'm alfhatz from philipines, i want to ask what is the correct CSC in our region.

here's my current device version:

but i have no problem with this combinations, i just want to flash CSC in correct region.

and one more question. is it ok to flash PHONE to IJC?

thanks in advance..

There two CSC's that you can use for your region

1. CSC_I8000FAMIJ2 in which you can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?z0zhynjtndm

2. CSC_I8000THLIJ2 and here http://rapidshare.com/files/299697702/CSC_I8000THLIJ2.7z

post-607510-1258181064_thumb.png post-607510-1258181169_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258181153_thumb.png

Since you already preserved your Phone at DXIH2 (I hope so) you should sustain your original carrier feature.

Another step you need to do since you already flash your CSC's, you need to re-preconfigure your phone for the location.

Here how:

1 ) On your keypad input *#1546792*#

2 ) Select [Preconfiguration]

3 ) Enter code *#81230*# and select [OK]

4 ) Select [What ever your location]

5 ) Choose accept for device to Hard-Reset

6 ) Flash to the official ROM.

Another thing is on the setting >System >Region Select English (Australia) Since this is the nearest 4 your's

post-607510-1258181485_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258181569_thumb.png

Oh yeah.. No guarantee what so ever if this damage your toy, but this what I did.......

If you would like to donate just email me at: [email protected]

Guest angkung
I don't think that is possible. OCTANS won't stop you thats for sure but once the phone boots up, its anybody's guess.....

I did flash Eboot and PDA only and it work

Guest xfallen

hi my device his :

PDA: i8000LUGIJ6

CSC: I8000LBMCIJ6

PHONE: I8000LUGIJ6

windows version :

CE OS 5.2.21856 (build 21856.5.0.65)

im from network Bell CANADA

is it good for me to flash this upgrade ???

Guest monyozt
hi my device his :

windows version :

is your device I8000L? if yes, secany say that don't flash with this firmware... it's different.. CMIIW

hi my device his :

windows version :

I have the same phone as you ,I flashed it to pda:ijc csc:ijc Phone:ik2.There is no auto configuration for canada carrier,so every time i hard reboot my phone i have to manually setup the 3g network , mms ,etc. If you really want to try i suggest you dont touch the csc part ,i am not really sure.Good Luck

Edited by zwq

Guest thinakaran

1. CSC_I8000FAMIJ2 in which you can get it here http://www.mediafire.com/?z0zhynjtndm

2. CSC_I8000THLIJ2 and here http://rapidshare.com/files/299697702/CSC_I8000THLIJ2.7z

post-607510-1258181064_thumb.png post-607510-1258181169_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258181153_thumb.png

Since you already preserved your Phone at DXIH2 (I hope so) you should sustain your original carrier feature.

Another step you need to do since you already flash your CSC's, you need to re-preconfigure your phone for the location.

Here how:

Do you mean that the preconfiguration has to be done during/before flashing or can it be done if the phone has already been flashed and all the settings have been done. will this method cause losing any installed progs / settings?

Thanks. :)

Guest cool_fhatz86

Here how:

Another thing is on the setting >System >Region Select English (Australia) Since this is the nearest 4 your's

post-607510-1258181485_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258181569_thumb.png

Oh yeah.. No guarantee what so ever if this damage your toy, but this what I did.......

If you would like to donate just email me at: [email protected]

Your great!.. one more question, after i preconfigure the CSC file, it doesn't replace w/ the new one?

after i preconfigure, it shows the same csc version.

Thank you so much. I flashed it successfully. I better used English(Philippines) in regional settings..

Guest gmarcoux
I have the same phone as you ,I flashed it to pda:ijc csc:ijc Phone:ik2.There is no auto configuration for canada carrier,so every time i hard reboot my phone i have to manually setup the 3g network , mms ,etc. If you really want to try i suggest you dont touch the csc part ,i am not really sure.Good Luck

have you guys found away to backup your original csc eboot and pda files of your Bell omnia?

Guest angkung
Do you mean that the preconfiguration has to be done during/before flashing or can it be done if the phone has already been flashed and all the settings have been done. will this method cause losing any installed progs / settings?

Thanks. :)

If you flash the CSC's then you need to do the re-preconfigure if your CSC does not contain the information 4 your location.

If you not flash the CSC then your location will be unchanged,

Yes the hardware reset by the re-preconfigure will delete the contain and your phone will be reformatted to suit with the Sale code on the configuration information.

post-607510-1258475866_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258475775_thumb.png

post-607510-1258475826_thumb.png

Guest angkung
Your great!.. one more question, after i preconfigure the CSC file, it doesn't replace w/ the new one?

after i preconfigure, it shows the same csc version.

Thank you so much. I flashed it successfully. I better used English(Philippines) in regional settings..

You're right, the re-preconfigure nothing to do with the CSC's version, it just formated your phone to the Sales Code in which you selected......

So if you want to used the CSC's which don't have your location in it (like most they post here), you can re-preconfigure the location using these code, that why you can see your country carier operator after reconfigure to your location

post-607510-1258476534_thumb.pngpost-607510-1258476456_thumb.png

OK, I am running this ROM with the K2 phone and all has been fairly stable. My bigest beef is with the memory leaks that seem to be from Samsung software. I have turned off the Samsung today page and widgets, I deleted the main menu at startup and am just using the Windows default today screen. After a soft reset I have 72meg of ram memory. After a couple hours of emailing and texting and stopping all applications I check the ram again and it is at 40meg. Who is using that 30meg? I tried the cleanRam program but it won't get it back. Anyone notice this? Any ideas on how I can reclaim the memory?

Thanks

Tom

OK, I am running this ROM with the K2 phone and all has been fairly stable. My bigest beef is with the memory leaks that seem to be from Samsung software. I have turned off the Samsung today page and widgets, I deleted the main menu at startup and am just using the Windows default today screen. After a soft reset I have 72meg of ram memory. After a couple hours of emailing and texting and stopping all applications I check the ram again and it is at 40meg. Who is using that 30meg? I tried the cleanRam program but it won't get it back. Anyone notice this? Any ideas on how I can reclaim the memory?

Thanks

Tom

try SKTool, it has freeRAM and auto clean function, also u can map it to hardkey. i've been using it for a while and my free ram is always above 50mb, i know its not good but it is better than 40mb, right? :)

Guest Chepapoa

I update my O2 last night and run very well. Now every O2 function is running ok. My display turn off after the cellphone is idle as it have to do.

Thx people!

[]'s

• 2 weeks later...