26/Jan 2.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest david279
In recovery mode adb is not working correct. A lot of files and directories are not accessable anymore. I also get an output of / # while in recovery instead of just #

Is this a busybox problem?

I had that problem once, just reboot your phone and restart terminal or whatever you use on a windows computer.

Guest Zippy-Man
I had that problem once, just reboot your phone and restart terminal or whatever you use on a windows computer.

It works great when the phone is booted and loaded but it does not work from recovery ever.

In all other roms i have used i have never had a problem using adb from recovery

I am pretty sure busybox is what is causing it

Guest Neecee Babe

Hmmmm Ok.. It it does seem that they are saving on my sd card because I just downloaded about 40apps and my internal is still at 120 when befor it used to be half that or less maybe. But How can I double check? through a file manager? If so where would I look. Also with the Madaco ROm is there only one time you can open the Spare Parts App because I configured some settings one time, but now I do nnot see the application for Spare Parts anymore in my all programs window.

Hmmm I take that back.... It looks like they are still saving to my internal memory! Ahhhhhhhh what did I do wrong or is it something I am not doing?????

Edited by Neecee Babe

Guest david279
Hmmmm Ok.. It it does seem that they are saving on my sd card because I just downloaded about 40apps and my internal is still at 120 when befor it used to be half that or less maybe. But How can I double check? through a file manager? If so where would I look. Also with the Madaco ROm is there only one time you can open the Spare Parts App because I configured some settings one time, but now I do nnot see the application for Spare Parts anymore in my all programs window.

Hmmm I take that back.... It looks like they are still saving to my internal memory! Ahhhhhhhh what did I do wrong or is it something I am not doing?????

Goto /system/sd in any file manager, thats were the apps are installed when Apps2SD in active. Also you can used any terminal app to check using the df -h command. It will give you a output of your filesystems.

Guest Neecee Babe
Goto /system/sd in any file manager, thats were the apps are installed when Apps2SD in active. Also you can used any terminal app to check using the df -h command. It will give you a output of your filesystems.

Okay I didn't have that loaded at first... Now I do.. I started the Program and its on the SU Request screen is there anything else I need to do???

Guest Neecee Babe
Okay I didn't have that loaded at first... Now I do.. I started the Program and its on the SU Request screen is there anything else I need to do???

Guest Neecee Babe
Anything in /system/sd?

No... I left The SU screen n went to too see in my Linda file manager, and there is nothing. Maybe I have the wrong perception of this... If my sd card is Partition, and I have a Madaco Rom with Heroc.img. Im suppose to be able to save AND Install AND Run apps from my sd card correct? This is being done my many to not fill up their internal memory with apps correct? Or do I have the wrong perception.

I was out of the US and was a bit hard to come over and post here , but i also have the same Connection problem , i don't get data with it, but when i do a Nandroid BAckup my data comes back, i chekd all the settings and they all look the same on the Wireless Settings. Its says: Please enable Mobile Network, and it is enable so when i unchecked and then check it again it says connection Failed.

But when i do it one the previous release, and i disable and enable the Mobile network it comes on right away, hope that this work Paul.

Sorry but i was reading, on this threat and i guess the problem is solved? with the Network Connectivitie, so ill downaload a new cooked rom and if anything ill post again..

Edited by IcOpRo

Guest mediatech1

Actually tethering is available from June Fabrics: http://www.junefabrics.com/android/index.php [Free or $29 for a version that allows https]

Thank you so much! This is absolutely amazing! I intend on upgrading my membership and donating to this awesome work very next pay check!

YOU HAVE MADE MY HERO RIGHT! Therefore, YOU are my new Hero!

P.S. Written through Wifi Tether! Which, as many of you may know from reading various posts, is not achievable without this ROM!

Guest mediatech1

================================================================================

=

Hi Paul,

For the complete noob, but tech saavy enough to follow instructions, can you provide links to these steps in order that I can then download and install a custom MCR ROM from the kitchen:

For the complete newbies, these are the steps you need to take with a 'virgin' Hero:

- Download and install (via rooting) the patched recovery image (step by step guide to follow)

- Download this custom ROM, and copy it to your SD card

- Enter the recovery image (if you're not in it already) by powering on while pressing 'home'

- Select 'nandroid backup' from the menu to do a backup

- If you copied the custom rom as update.zip, select 'apply sdcard:update.zip', else select the option below.

- all done

thanks!

Guest fuze 1st winmob

I tried to update from 1.1 to a custom baked rom and instantly experienced a bunch of forced closes.

Google apps, gmail, voicemail, market....... all force closed.

I am sorta a newbie that got this far and am now not sure what to do.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Guest fuze 1st winmob

Acually just got custom rom working very well. Had to do nandroid restore to before 1.1 and install from there. Works good. Now the only issue I see is my visual voicemail icon is a small yellow triangle and the words voicemail are gone. I tried removing shortcut and adding again to no avail.

Any advice? I really like my visual voicemail.

Thanks!

Guest david279
Wireless tether will not turn off. Major drain on my battery. Any suggestions?

Get a task killer. I hate to use them but for the tethering app it seem the only way to really close it.

Guest LasVegas
Home + End doesn't get you to the recovery mode with the Sprint Hero. You have to hold down the Volume-Down button and END until you get a white screen (hold them both down, don't just press End). Then, you press Home to go to the recovery. ****BUT FIRST***** make sure you've got Amon-Ra's recovery flash on your phone, or you will get the triangle with ! in it.

Home+End always works on my Sprint Hero to get into Recovery. VolumeDown takes the phone into HBoot as VolumeUp takes it to FastBoot. Try holding the Home button before pressing the End button on powerup.

Paul, Thanks for the great update! Unfortunately, WaveSecure 3.0.46 gives me a FC on startup and will not launch manually. I reinstalled it thrice with no success. Downgrading to 3.0.43 worked.

Edited by LasVegas

Guest EaiserLikeThis

Running the recovery image 1.5.2, did a wipe and partitioned my sd card. Moved the core zip to the sd and ran the 'flash zip from sd' option. It says install from sdcard complete. But when I reboot, it just continually reboots over and over. Never gets anywhere.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Guest Neecee Babe

Hi.... I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.... I woke up this morning and nothing was working on my phone. I can't even make a simple phone call everything is force closings... sighs :)

Guest LasVegas
Hi.... I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem.... I woke up this morning and nothing was working on my phone. I can't even make a simple phone call everything is force closings... sighs :)

The first thing to try is to reboot into Recovery mode and instruct it to zap the Dalvik Cache. If the Recovery tool reports an error, telling you to try doing it manually, your Data partition is corrupt. You should then recover to your Nandroid backup and then install the ROM again. I usually get this when installing flaky beta software that doesn't setup right.

Guest morenojose

I'm new doing this also a new hero. Does it has to be rooted? and you have a few paks highlighted here, the enhance & the core wich is the rom I need? Im trying to boot like the nexus one

Guest EaiserLikeThis
I'm new doing this also a new hero. Does it has to be rooted? and you have a few paks highlighted here, the enhance & the core wich is the rom I need? Im trying to boot like the nexus one

Yes, you'll need root access to your phone for this to work, and you'll need to start with the Core zip. If you want what's inside the enhanced zip, you can then install it over top of the core, the same way you installed the core zip. They act as update zips and shouldn't overwrite each other.

Guest Neecee Babe
The first thing to try is to reboot into Recovery mode and instruct it to zap the Dalvik Cache. If the Recovery tool reports an error, telling you to try doing it manually, your Data partition is corrupt. You should then recover to your Nandroid backup and then install the ROM again. I usually get this when installing flaky beta software that doesn't setup right.

I did just that and I'm back in Business... Thank you so much!

Guest jmanley

I installed 2.0 over 1.1 (I've done this about 4 times now)... and continue to get force close and no radio at all on a Sprint Hero.

I've...

rm -r /data/boot-cache/*

rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/*

Wipe Dalvik from recovery (Amon-RA 1.5.2)

Fix apk uid from recovery (Amon-RA 1.5.2)

reboot several times

still a bunch of force close and no radio.

Is the only way to apply this to do it on top of factory ROM and then re-install all my apps? I'd really hate to have to do that.