26/Jan 2.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Sprint CDMA Hero (now with online kitchen)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EaiserLikeThis
I've been having the same issue. Happens about every 2 days. The phone isn't off. It comes back live if you get a call, but the unlock buttons don't work. Super weird. I dunno what the issue is. Never had it before 2.2. Hopefully Paul has some ideas or maybe the big will work its own way out in the next upgrade!

Edit: Trying a total wipe and reflash. Maybe something went wrong in the install. Needed to get rid of some junk anyways! We'll see if it works!

Mine wasn't even waking up if I got a call, the phone was just dead to the world unless I took the battery out, put it back in and turned it on. Since I've gone back to 2.0 (no compcache and stock kernel) I haven't had a problem. Did your re-flash work?

Guest Elefntkpr

Online Kitchen ROM

Options Baked: Core, Google Maps, Google Voice, Mail, Notes, Jbed, Quickoffice, Spare Parts, Titanium Backup, WaveSecure, WiFi Tether, WiFi Status, Business Card Reader, Compcache, Dropbear.

Installed ROM after complete wipe, reformatted and partitioned SDCard for apps2sd. Installed same apps I used in Fresh 1.1 and used same settings for mail sync, etc.

I am very interested in using this ROM. The issue I had consistantly for 5 days was a very noticable decrease in battery life. On Fresh 1.1 running for 12 hours during the day I plugged it in at days end with 40% battery remaining. On this ROM the same day required a charge at lunch after 6 hours. These five days were spent in the same service area as well. And before I catch any crapola, this is not a plug for Fresh nor a bashing of MoDaCo I like this ROM and again I'm interested in using it permanently. I'm wondering however if there is something inherantly different between the ROMS that accounts for this and can it be removed or disabled. I'm not seeing anyone else in the forum complaining about battery life so far in my reading. Other than this however, the ROM is great.

Edited by Elefntkpr

Guest dieseljoe330
Applied the rom today. looks good so far. noticed my wifi is not working. anybody else?

I had some problems when I first loaded this rom. After doing some reading I found that clearing the Dalvik Cache solved most of my problems. Also go to your apps menu and remove WiFi tether. Reboot and it will still be there, this worked for me. I am using this rom and it is Great! And my battery life is as good or better than any other rom I have ever used.

Guest shOlight
Anyone having issues with voice search? I have cooked several ROMs and it force closes in all of them.

Yes, I have been having this issue for the last two weeks since going to 2.2. DO NOT try to reinstall Google Apps as a way to fix it. It (or rather I) made a right mess of my phone that way. Still have yet to find a real solution or what cause the issue. Maybe someone else with the same problem has or will have some luck.

I had some problems when I first loaded this rom. After doing some reading I found that clearing the Dalvik Cache solved most of my problems. Also go to your apps menu and remove WiFi tether. Reboot and it will still be there, this worked for me. I am using this rom and it is Great! And my battery life is as good or better than any other rom I have ever used.

Sweet! Imma give it a try. Thanks for the input.

Tried the wipe dalvik-cache from recovery. Gave me error "Run Wipe dalvik"via adb! So I wanted to check with you deiseljoe, before I go and install the ADB crap on my Pc. Man my DOS is rusty I hope I don't have to install this andd revert back to DOS commands, it's been like 15years since I was using them commands! LoL well anyways thanks for your help Bro.

Guest SprintHero

I'm currently running MoDaCo 2.2 and it's crazy fast! I love it! I upgraded from unofficial MoDaCo 1.3 with only one issue. My location setting's will no longer allow network to detect my position. I wiped and reflashed, but still have the same problem. The GPS and wireless network location functions still work as they should, but not the network detection.

I've tried to toggle the settings in several different location based apps, but they all give me the same message to "enable a location setting" even though the network detection setting box is checked as enabled. I prefer to use network location because it seems to conserve battery life better than having GPS on.

Any suggestions? ;)

Guest extrafuzzyllama

hi Paul can you add the option for Development Tools app to the sprint hero kitchen?

i cant afford the dev phone but would like the latest available Dev Tools for the sprint hero

thx

Edited by extrafuzzyllama

Guest cypherus

Hey Paul,

I installed the custom rom last night without a hitch. I just got a new memory card so I partitioned it and installed the custom rom made from the kitchen. I chose Maps, Voice Search, Sense, Footprints, Notes, Teeter, NFL, Navigator, All third party except Wifi Status Indicator, Business Card Reader, and Dropbear. I went into recovery and wiped everything then installed the rom. Things installed and are running fine except the phone is shutting itself off randomly. I am not sure what's going on because this is the first time this has happened since installing any roms. I previously had Gumbo 1.5 installed. Should I try reflashing?

Edit: The phone DOES stay on when connected to power (ac adapter or usb).

Edited by cypherus

Guest woofers1803
Mine wasn't even waking up if I got a call, the phone was just dead to the world unless I took the battery out, put it back in and turned it on. Since I've gone back to 2.0 (no compcache and stock kernel) I haven't had a problem. Did your re-flash work?

Yup. Wanted to give it a little time to see if it was going to do it again, but it's been going for a week and no issues!

Guest tbaybucs

i just installed this and i love it thanks man !!!

a few exceptions/bugs

1- camera starts at inopportune times, on its own

2-the handcent sms doesn't work very well its very buggy

3- and perhaps the MOST annoying thing- when a notification comes in you cant stop the sound until you unlock the phone and pull down the screen and open notification

4- more times than not i have to restart after being connected to wifi in order for network to connect

now im a newb so sum of this maybe fixable

is there away to remove the sliding lock and only have the pattern lock?

how do i remove sprint installed software " nascar,nfl,footprints........"

thankx again love it !!!!!

Edited by tbaybucs

Guest dieseljoe330
Tried the wipe dalvik-cache from recovery. Gave me error "Run Wipe dalvik"via adb! So I wanted to check with you deiseljoe, before I go and install the ADB crap on my Pc. Man my DOS is rusty I hope I don't have to install this andd revert back to DOS commands, it's been like 15years since I was using them commands! LoL well anyways thanks for your help Bro.

I used Fresh's pre kitchen. It workrd like a charm. You can download it from http://geekfor.me/ you will find it under the downloads section. Hope this helps.

anyone??? and 16 USD for 1yr???? just to get a rom... dude!

Everything works on this ROM, and the membership is so you can always have access to the ROMs in the beta stage. If you dont want to get them early, just wait for them to be released after everything has been tested. IMO its a great deal, because you get things alot sooner. Plus some other goodies.

$16 isn't for the ROM, it's for ad free, a perk of which happens to be kitchen access. Also, you can get the ROM without ad free, just not customised via the kitchen.

P

Guest dieseljoe330

I spent the 16 bucks. And iI am very happy with Paul's work. I try to donate to the Devs that help us noobs out. I am learning about Android from these guys and they do this for free. You get better tech support from Devs than your cell carriers. So show some patience. Most of these have jobs to do first, dev secondly. Thanks Paul have been running your rom for a couple of weeks now. It fits my needs.