Marketplace Updates - Updated!

Guest philly-d

Guest philly-d
Marketplace-Capture3.png
The promised second wave in November has arrived, with some new and exciting additions!

Firstly, you can now purchase and browse apps from a desktop PC.

From the Windows Mobile Developer Blog:
Starting today, Windows phone customers can browse, buy and download applications online at the Windows Marketplace for Mobile site. The selected applications are delivered wirelessly to the customer’s Windows phone and install the next time the Windows Marketplace client runs on the device. This creates another way for customers to easily find and purchase applications and gives developers a whole new level of exposure.
There are also improvements to the developer's portal and stronger anti-piracy protection.

Secondly, the actual app has had another update, I guess to implement some of the new security features. Only thing is, it has stopped all of the [ahem], preview versions from working! All is not lost though, as there is also an updated v1.1.1109.000 file to get your preview version up and running again. :)

Lastly, the official 6.0 and 6.1 updates are still scheduled for "later this month". now available by browsing to mp.windowsphone.com from your mobile.

[Via Various]

Its such a shame that Microsoft are such a large company - They could provide great innovation. Not quite sure how Google manage it everytime when Microsoft cannot.

Microsoft provide great features like a web view of the Marketplace but do not give users the ability to download apps from the site. The most obvious thing which they could have done would have been to hook up with the Microsoft Tag team and use Tag code (Microsoft's version of QR) to link to the application.

But I guess that would have meant two different teams working together - Its not as if there is a Tag Windows Mobile App or anything...

https://marketplace.windowsphone.com/detail...00-7cdab60bcf16 <-- Link to the MS Tag app

Guest awarner (MVP)

This update does not run on my Omnia2, every time I try it installs the errors stating it cannot connect right now.

As for the install location issue I used the XDA hack to get around this but no longer works as the update is not optional.

Guest agent.m

The promising thing i can take from this is the forum for marketplace. which means we get to ask relevant questions like why we have so few apps.

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/m...smobile/threads

had to say i do prefer browsing apps on pc instead. its a lot quicker. Could work for modaco refering apps from this site directly to the marketplace.

Edited by agent.m

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.